Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Guilty Crown

+23
DMCMaster
Killaman16
CluelessNeko
RavenDW
ZappaBappa
Nilt
LastBlues
MikuHatsune
Revy
FightingFurball
Kevinthewiseone
Biokinetica
jayden63
MonkeyKing
SilentOne
Wing
NoblePhantasm
GhostCell
Keck282
Rummy
Kyu
Destructo
Plue
27 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 Empty Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by RavenDW Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Aya is mai missile launching waifu.
[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 11ifmon

Too bad about Hare (although she basically imbalanced the team). And fuck that little faggot for causing it. King Shoe should just boot his ass out (after using his void to open the wall) and then go all dictator.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Well, you all got your 'badass' possibly authoritarian asshole. I hope you're fucking happy...

RavenDW wrote:
Too bad about Hare (although she basically imbalanced the team). And fuck that little faggot for causing it. King Shoe should just boot his ass out (after using his void to open the wall) and then go all dictator.
What is this..I don't even...
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Biokinetica wrote:Well, you all got your 'badass' possibly authoritarian asshole. I hope you're fucking happy...

RavenDW wrote:
What is this..I don't even...

Raven and Bio about to have a discussion?

[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 TCp90

Continue...

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Biokinetica wrote:What is this..I don't even...
Oh it was going to happen. It's like I was watching DBZ Abridged where Dende gives his 'white mage' speech, and then Frieza promptly nukes him. If you introduce a character that can 'fix' the good guys and their stuff, almost inevitably the medic is going to be killed off. Hare's presence essentially meant King Shoe and his cohorts didn't have to worry about being mortally wounded (although killed is another matter) and she would be able to fix stuff like their humvee. This kind of character removes tension and means the show's writers can't use injuries and such as dramatic devices in the future. They also probably wanted to get rid of her before somebody questioned why she hadn't tried to heal Ayase's legs/spine yet.

Hare basically made the good guys less of the underdog and would be inconvenient to the plot to be kept around. The second we found out she could heal AND she was making promises to look after Shu I knew she was dead meat.

The bonus is we now get over the edge, dictator rapist King Shoe.
[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 Snzal2
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 pm

eyes of a true king.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am

RavenDW wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:What is this..I don't even...
Oh it was going to happen. It's like I was watching DBZ Abridged where Dende gives his 'white mage' speech, and then Frieza promptly nukes him. If you introduce a character that can 'fix' the good guys and their stuff, almost inevitably the medic is going to be killed off. Hare's presence essentially meant King Shoe and his cohorts didn't have to worry about being mortally wounded (although killed is another matter) and she would be able to fix stuff like their humvee. This kind of character removes tension and means the show's writers can't use injuries and such as dramatic devices in the future. They also probably wanted to get rid of her before somebody questioned why she hadn't tried to heal Ayase's legs/spine yet.

Hare basically made the good guys less of the underdog and would be inconvenient to the plot to be kept around. The second we found out she could heal AND she was making promises to look after Shu I knew she was dead meat.

The bonus is we now get over the edge, dictator rapist King Shoe.
[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 Snzal2
Agreed, but they could have easily written off death as something Hare couldn't heal, leaving that possibility open for use while working in some self-torment on Hare's part. Seeing Hare break down like that could also be used as an additional prod for Shu to be more decisive in his decision-making. I think the traditional shounen logic of deciding who lives based on power levels still holds (and apparently, these writers are making a big-ass deal out of it), but there are other ways, I think.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Biokinetica wrote:
Agreed, but they could have easily written off death as something Hare couldn't heal, leaving that possibility open for use while working in some self-torment on Hare's part. Seeing Hare break down like that could also be used as an additional prod for Shu to be more decisive in his decision-making. I think the traditional shounen logic of deciding who lives based on power levels still holds (and apparently, these writers are making a big-ass deal out of it), but there are other ways, I think.
I think that level of subtlety is a little beyond Guilty Crown's writer. Removing Hare completely opens up injury and damage as dramatic devices, removes her from the romance aspect and gives Shu motivation to be an asshole.

And this toilet stain needs a heroic sacrifice moment. Or maybe to be completely cast aside/used by Shu to demonstrate how over the edge he's gone.
[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 Xcnkau

Last edited by RavenDW on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Nilt Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:26 pm

so many big words... this is some serious shit
Nilt
Nilt
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Nilt wrote:so many big words... this is some serious shit

Like I said before, Raven and Bio coming together to have a conversation means

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:48 pm

WolfWood37 wrote:Like I said before, Raven and Bio coming together to have a conversation means

I'm sure I have no idea why you would have that reaction.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 pm

2 of the most intellectual members of the site having an anime discussion.

This makes for good reading, and thus good entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 pm

RavenDW wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
I think that level of subtlety is a little beyond Guilty Crown's writer. Removing Hare completely opens up injury and damage as dramatic devices, removes her from the romance aspect and gives Shu motivation to be an asshole.

And this toilet stain needs a heroic sacrifice moment. Or maybe to be completely cast aside/used by Shu to demonstrate how over the edge he's gone.
[Anime] Guilty Crown - Page 6 Xcnkau
Maybe it is beyond him, but he's been exposed to it. Code Geass Season 1 had something similar to that in Suzaku when he saw Euphemia and was compelled by her innocence and compassion to drive himself harder than he already had to create the type of world he and she both seemed to want. This all happened before she was killed, so it's definitely possible. That said, I'm not cutting this guy any slack.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:31 am

Biokinetica wrote:
Maybe it is beyond him, but he's been exposed to it. Code Geass Season 1 had something similar to that in Suzaku when he saw Euphemia and was compelled by her innocence and compassion to drive himself harder than he already had to create the type of world he and she both seemed to want. This all happened before she was killed, so it's definitely possible. That said, I'm not cutting this guy any slack.
I almost didn't say it was beyond him, but then I thought about other his stuff (like My-Hime) and what happened in R2. The Euphenator was aa dramatic tweest that kind of came out of nowhere, but it cemented Lelouch's 'no turning back' character and willingness to become a demon if it would achieve the result he wanted.
Hare's death? IMO it was too predictable and smells of creating a character that just exists to be killed off. As I say, there was no way for her to be kept around due to her void ability and so he had to be gotten rid of in some way, and due to her affection for Shu it was going to be giving her life to heal him.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:58 am

Don't you dare say that about Hare! D:
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Plue Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 am

You are reading into it too deeply. It is simple, just kill off one of the most innocent characters in the show to tug at the heart strings of the viewers. You give the writers too much credit.
Plue
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jayden63 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 am

Plue wrote:You are reading into it too deeply. It is simple, just kill off one of the most innocent characters in the show to tug at the heart strings of the viewers. You give the writers too much credit.

I kind of have to agree with this. I think they did it for shock value not so much deeping the potential of what could have been. It also had the effect of getting rid of one of the love rivals so that when it all is said and done no one will complain about the choice because there isn't any real choice to be had anymore.
jayden63
jayden63

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 am

jayden63 wrote:I kind of have to agree with this. I think they did it for shock value not so much deeping the potential of what could have been. It also had the effect of getting rid of one of the love rivals so that when it all is said and done no one will complain about the choice because there isn't any real choice to be had anymore.
That just spoils all the fun of hypothesizing and discussion. While I agree it was done to 'shock', I question its effectiveness on the viewer when it was pretty clearly going to happen. Unless you're under 15 and haven't been jaded by years of drama cliches and conventions.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by jayden63 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 am

What I'm some what a little afraid of now is that they did loose a powerful void. And it does close some avenues of speculation and over all will help tidy up the ending and remove some what ifs.

But at the same token, her healing ability could have been used to help keep things even. Yeah having her around removes some of the threat of death and mortality. However, it now opens up the ridiculously convoluted and/or the trite desperation moves that are all way too common and leave the viewer going... "yeah right... whatever." as the characters now are going to be forced to come up with the all too cliched over the top solutions.

It is a rather no win situation depending on how well the show is thought out and executed.
jayden63
jayden63

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:18 am

ep16

Spoiler:
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:27 am

Man what the hell just happaned... This took such a strange twist all the sudden... This is going nowhere. Its like a completely different series now.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Plue Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 am

This is just one of those shows that I know is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth after finishing it.
Plue
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:34 am

ZappaBappa wrote:Man what the hell just happaned... This took such a strange twist all the sudden... This is going nowhere. Its like a completely different series now.
If anything its going back to where it started. Gai is back, Shu will become a vagina again, and the plot resets.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:00 am

yo shu is crazy as hell now.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Revy wrote:
ZappaBappa wrote:Man what the hell just happaned... This took such a strange twist all the sudden... This is going nowhere. Its like a completely different series now.
If anything its going back to where it started. Gai is back, Shu will become a vagina again, and the plot resets.

or shu is gonna start being a douche towards gai, like he was with argo.

Its like they're trying to be like every anime out there... Now that the main protagonist went Evil, its even got a bit lof .Hack in it, while inori just suddenly had a character swap with Yuno from Mirai nikki
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 am

Gai and (apparently) Mana are back in some form, or Inori's got some serious multiple personality shit going on. It's hard to see how Shoe can ever come back from being the monumental douchebag he is now.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next