Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

+17
FightingFurball
Neol
Saya
NoblePhantasm
Kana
Killaman16
Revy
ZappaBappa
MikuHatsune
Albatross
LastBlues
FullArmageddon
Wing
CluelessNeko
Destructo
rederoin
TopgunUK
21 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by LastBlues Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 am

so embarrassed I had to watch the first ep twice to realize what was going on...ish.

onto ep 2...T_T
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by TopgunUK Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Novelfag on /a/ wrote:
That reminds me, I never wrote about the kings they skipped:
There were 94 generations of kings. There were six that actually stayed in power for a considerable period of time.

The 5th king was the clapping guy. What they neglected to say was that he used the ashes of the first 100 people who stopped clapping to make a statue and put it in his throne room.

The 13th was the Empress of Loving Light. She would publicly execute anyone over the most minor excuses. Because of that, the smell inside the palace was such that the servants had to fast before working there, so as to not vomit. The populace secretly called her the Fetid Queen.

The 33rd was the Emperor of Forgiveness. He was referred to as the Ferocious King, because of his habit of strolling around town randomly killing people, using the image of a wolf to rip off people's limbs. Marks of his actual teeth were found in some of the corpses.

His son, the 34th king, the Emperor of Pure Virtue, was called the Inhuman King after his death. When he was twelve, he used his cantus to rip off his sleeping father's head and fed it to dogs. Becoming afraid of he himself getting murdered, he killed his brother, and when he had children he killed them before they got their cantus. Eventually the number of PK users became so low that normals began attempting to assassinate him to end his rule once and for all.

The 64th, the Empress of Blessings, was referred to as the owl queen. Dedicated to a heretical religion, on fullmoon nights she would make the image of an owl and attack pregnant women, rip out their fetuses, impale them and put them on an altar.

And finally the 79th, the Emperor of Merciful Light. By this time, the prince killing his father right after getting his cantus was the normal form of succession. For that reason, the current king would keep the princes under surveillance, and kill them or blind and imprison them if they showed signs of revolt. When he was 9, the young Merciful Light-chan realized he could use cantus. He hid behind a vase in the throne room, and waited until morning. When his father, the Emperor of Sincere Heart came to his throne, he stopped his heart. He kept the king sat straight in his throne in order to lure the king's loyal aids in and break their necks. He was the most murderous king yet, killing almost as often as he breathed, often almost unconciously. The population of the kingdom was reduced to less than half, and he would leave mountains of corpses to rot in the middle of the city. For that he was called the King of Mountains of Corpses and Rivers of Blood (sounds less ridiculous in japanese).

Unlike in the anime, there was nothing about him being assassinated, and since he was the 79th he was clearly not the last king. I guess they decided to put the end of the empire along with his story for effect.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Damn that's some crazy ass shit yo
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 am

I want to slap the animation director for this week's episode.

Glad it's back to the normal style next week.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 am

You watched the raw?
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:55 am

He likes it raw Adur
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm

its not the only thing up Adur
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Worst episode so far. Felt extremely rushed and that shitty art animation. It looked like a mixture of Kaiba and Casshern Sins.

I hope they fix it in the BDs.

Last edited by Revy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm

wtf art....jesus....

anyway.....satoru wa ecchi Adur
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Revy wrote:Worst episode so far. Felt extremely rushed and that shitty art animation. It looked like a mixture of Kaiba and Casshern Sins.

I hope they fix it in the BDs.

That's because this episode was directed by the Casshern Sins Director.

I hope they don't give him another episode to ruin.

Don't expect many fixes in the BDs because this shit is deliberate, they won't see it as something that needs fixing.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Hahaha, i thought that guy on MAL was joking about this episode being directed by the Casshern Sins director.

Now that i think of it, the art wasnt bad, in fact it looks really detailed at times, but i guess i was just mad cause of the changes.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I didn't like the character art, fuck that guy's style, but it is a stylistic choice, not just a lack of budget.

As for what that guy's saying on MAL, he's wrong about it being more detailed, the noses are slightly more defined? Wow, they drew a longer line, well done.

But then in almost every character frame everything looked like it was roughly sketched, and they completely skimped on details like the gaps in Maria's fringe which you can see in the comparison below, keep in mind the animation in the shot from the first episode is great, whereas the shot from this episode barely moves at all, (Maria looks down so that Saki's back covers some of her face, then she says "iya" and the still visible corner of her mouth doesn't move at all, there's no excuse).

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 _UTW__Shinsekai_Yori_-_01__h264-720p__842BA532_.mkv_snapshot_08.10__2012.10.27_11.40.41_
[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 _UTW__Shinsekai_Yori_-_05__h264-720p__2CCE22D0_.mkv_snapshot_01.06__2012.10.27_11.48.13_

And considering the director insists on using closeups all the time, he should really make the effort, some incredibly derpy faces managed to make it in.

In motion, aside from a few nice parts there was a lot of awkward stuff, and people are apparently confused over what should be simple details like whether the monk died because of the poor direction.

The way the director showed the Bakenezumi nest sucked too, when I watched it raw I was so confused to see them suddenly happen upon the Queen because there was no visual indication that they were inside the very heart of a Bakenezumi colony's nest and not just some random empty tunnel.

We saw exactly three Bakenezumi from the entire Robber Fly colony: Squealer, the Queen, and that lone guard (which we didn't see until after they'd already seen the Queen). Also, don't even get me started on that still frame they used to show that there was a battle going on.

Fuck the team for this episode, and fuck anyone who prefers the execution of this episode to that of the previous ones, it's a shame because the actual content of the episode that they had to tell was good.

Also, look at this at about 0:51.

Compare the animation of the Blowdog scene in the trailer to what we got in the actual episode, it's much better.

Why the fuck did they hand it over to these assholes so they could replace it with inferior animation?
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 pm

so i would like to get one thing straight

the reason satoru and saki were getting touchy feely was because of a sort of innate behavior that was bio engineered in their genes to combat stress and anxiety?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't know if that part was engineered in their genes, maybe just culturally.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm

cause i swear to god it looked like they were about to do the ecchi if it wasnt for that thing staring at them lol

oh right she was like recalling what that library thing told her i think thats what made her stop aswell
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Apparently in the book they had oral sex there and only stopped when they noticed the Queerat watching.

It's normal for them, as the library pointed out. It's indicated to have been going on with Saki and Maria for a while already (the Manga adaptation plays this up a great deal for fanservice).

But the show certainly can't show it so they're kind of tip-toeing around it with implications.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 pm

oh that explains why it showed maria and saki when the library was talking about it......so its normal huh.........nice lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Personally, I think they should have replaced that sex scene with a CGI dragon, DEEN style.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 pm

its just weird that satoru and saki would suddenly act like that even though throughout the previous episodes it seemed like...well at least it seemed like saki disliked him

also CGI dragon? whut lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 pm

probably referencing fate stay night lol
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 am

MikuHatsune wrote:also CGI dragon? whut lol

MikuHatsune wrote:its just weird that satoru and saki would suddenly act like that even though throughout the previous episodes it seemed like...well at least it seemed like saki disliked him

The tension between those two could be a bit like the childish tsundere thing in real life where a kid bullies the one they really like.

But again, this isn't supposed to be a big deal in their culture, the one Saki's really interested in romantically right now is Shun but since sexual contact is normal between friends to them that romantic scene where Shun touched Saki's hand on the boat ride was probably a bigger deal to her than playing fuckbuddy with Satoru.

Incidentally
Spoiler:

Novelfag from /a/ wrote: They changed a lot of stuff from the book. Originally, after they meet with Squealer and meet the queen, when he asks them to help him, he explains to them how bakenezumi war tactics had been revolutionised by one bakenezumi, who adapted techniques from a book about Go, (one of the few books even a bakenezumi could have access to) to dig around his opponents bases and cut him off from his supply lines.

Since the norm is to wait for the opponent to surrender so you could take them as slaves, they believed they still had some time before the Ground Spider Colony attacked. Saki and Satoru, who had been awake for over 24 hours at this point, decide to spend the night there before they run. However, during the night, Saki awakes by herself with the realisation of how foolish Squealer`s expectations are: Since the Ground Spider Bakenezumi are a foreign species, there's no reason to expect them to follow war tactics and customs used in Japan.

She wakes Satoru and they decide to leave, but in order to navigate the pitch black tunnels, they take some Tsuchibotaru, basic ground dwelling firefly (that sky-looking thing on the cave ceiling, which the bakenezumi use for lighting) to help light the way. That quickly runs out, and they are stuck wandering in the darkness to the point that Saki begins hallucinating.

When they do find an exit, then they see the attack had started, with the Ground Spiders pouring poisonous (not explosive) gas from the entrances. They run back into the tunnel and cause a small cave-in to block the gas from reaching them, even while realising that the gas would eventually just come at them from the other side. Out of ideas, they just wait in the darkness for everything to end.

And that's what corresponds to the end of the episode.

I'm even more annoyed by how this team handled the episode now, they fucked all that stuff up.

Aside from the awful mishandling of this episode I'm really enjoying the show, but I wish the novel was translated so I could get the whole picture.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 am

TopgunUK wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote:also CGI dragon? whut lol

Incidentally
Spoiler:

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 Mother-of-god-super-troopers
on both those things

TopgunUK wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm even more annoyed by how this team handled the episode now, they fucked all that stuff up.

Aside from the awful mishandling of this episode I'm really enjoying the show, but I wish the novel was translated so I could get the whole picture.

i honestly couldnt focus on the screen, i dunno what the hell was up with that art but it hurt my eyes (like seriously painful to watch)

also, even i figured out a lot of things were missing that they didnt explain thoroughly in detail, so this episode was pretty bad yeah
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 am

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 5 1351360332330

Yet another problem with how they handled the episode.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:23 am

TopgunUK wrote:
Fuck the team for this episode, and fuck anyone who prefers the execution of this episode to that of the previous ones, it's a shame because the actual content of the episode that they had to tell was good.
I dont like it either and i hope they dont let someone else direct another episode.

MikuHatsune wrote:oh that explains why it showed maria and saki when the library was talking about it......so its normal huh.........nice lol
Miku no ecchi.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next