Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

+17
FightingFurball
Neol
Saya
NoblePhantasm
Kana
Killaman16
Revy
ZappaBappa
MikuHatsune
Albatross
LastBlues
FullArmageddon
Wing
CluelessNeko
Destructo
rederoin
TopgunUK
21 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by Destructo Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 am

take a chance
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 am

make a change, and break awaaaaaay~ :3c
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 am

Revy wrote:Do i want to click that?

Assuming you've watched the third episode.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 am

oh kelly
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 am

People on MAL are fucking idiots. Dropping this show because they heard there's gonna be yaoi/yuri. Seriously?
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:01 am

MAL will be MAL. They'll all regret it once shit goes down.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 am

Revy wrote:People on MAL are fucking idiots. Dropping this show because they heard there's gonna be yaoi/yuri. Seriously?

I've been watching the thread with disapproval myself.

Still, I'd rather idiots like that drop the show than stick around, doesn't seem like that guy's gonna fuck off though.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 am

IdiotMALguyNaxrrhid wrote:and i ONLY watch anime for the story

And yet some of his top rated include a bunch of shitty ecchi/harem shows/OVAs, fucking lol.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:31 am

You guys should stop being so mean. This guy's going for his doctorate's.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 am

Revy wrote:
IdiotMALguyNaxrrhid wrote:and i ONLY watch anime for the story

And yet some of his top rated include a bunch of shitty ecchi/harem shows/OVAs, fucking lol.

That's why I don't get as irritated by comments on MAL as opposed to say, 4chan.

Most of the time when I see a comment hating on something I enjoy or praising something I hate I can just quickly check the person's profile and feel validated by their shit taste.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:52 pm

I do the same, lol.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Revy wrote:People on MAL are fucking idiots. Dropping this show because they heard there's gonna be yaoi/yuri. Seriously?
You don't say. Look like I love this show more now.
Plus it was yuri/yaoi in the trailers.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 am

Some guy translated the Glossary from the website.

Some Guy wrote:Fiend (akki, literally "demon" or "devil")

A creature that may cause harm to human beings, known amongst those with the Power. The story of the Fiend has been taught repeatedly in schools for 150 years.

Homecoming (ieji)

The Japanese name for the second movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony. The children of Kamisu 66 (see below) are taught to come home when they hear this music played from a megaphone at the town hall.

Summer Camp

The biggest thing that happens at Sage Academy. Groups board canoes and paddle up the River Tone to pitch camp. The seven day programme for the trip is organised by the class's teacher so that the students are not all away at the same time. It's not just a trip for fun, but more like "field training"; each group of students has to give a presentation on a chosen theme after they return.

Kamisu 66

A town in part of what was long ago known as Ibaraki, downstream of the River Tone. Surrounded by a canal, around 3,000 people live there. It's a major intersection for naval traffic; water wheels are used to generate electricity, but this is restricted for use in powering the town hall's broadcasts. With no concept of currency in use, local society is based on mutual cooperation and volunteering.

(incidentally Kamisu is a real place)

The Board of Education

The organisation that looks after the children's education. Its power is separate from the Board of Ethics, the most powerful body in the town. It holds absolute authority over education and any related issues.

Karmic Demon (gouma)

One who, despite possessing the Power, on account of their actions becomes "something not human". Their overflowing Power is said to affect living things and the environment surrounding them.

The Power (jyuryoku)

Psychic ability that is found naturally in any human being. With it one can convert thoughts into reality; its energy is generally limitless. However, since a clear mental image is required to do this, it doesn't mean that "anyone can always do anything". The Power usually manifests itself at around 12 years old as a shukurei, a poltergeist-esque force.

(祝霊 literally means something like "celebratory ghost"; apparently the 祝 kanji has an archaic meaning related to Shinto priests, so I guess there's a holy element to the word as well. The official subtitles have this translated as "Blessing Spirit".)

Temple of Purity (Shoujou-ji)

A religious building on the banks of Lake Kasamigaura, upstream of the River Tone. Because various secret rituals are practised there, such as the teaching of the mantra which is the key to using the Power, even the townsfolk are not informed of its precise location.

Sage Academy

The school that one graduates to after leaving elementary school at Waki Academy. Besides basic studying, various different applications of the Power are practised. Here students can find out what they are best at and improve their use of the Power.

Lying Cat (nekodamashi) dammit I really want to call it the Decepticat :(

A monster that looks like an enormous cat, rumoured by the children to exist. Children who do not graduate from elementary school are said to meet the Nekodamashi and be taken away somewhere.

Monstrat (bakenezumi)

A creature thought to have evolved from naked mole rats of above average intelligence; some understand human speech, and there are even some who can speak it. Although generally reaching between 120 and 140 cm in height, there are also some taller than human children. The Monstrats revere those who possess the Power as "gods", with the result that they are completely submissive to their commands. Ordinarily, the Monstrats live in colonies known as "nests" dotted around outside the Boundary Rope, and are allowed to enter the town in order to carry out public maintenance work. Monstrats who are devoted to humans are marked with the name of their colony on their forehead.

Boundary Rope (hacchoujime, literally "mark of skill" I think)

The holy rope which separates Kamisu 66 from the rest of the world. The thick rope is affixed with paper charms and is said to defend the town from "bad things" getting in from outside. School children are taught that going beyond it is strictly forbidden.

Mantra

The words that are the key to the activation of the Power. They are officially conveyed during a ceremony at the Temple of Purity, but the words are different from person to person. It is taught that the words lose their power if revealed to others, which makes the invocation of the Power difficult.

Two-Faced

"To obey on the outside, but think differently on the inside". The Monstrats worship adults who hold the Power as "gods", but their attitude towards children without the Power seems somehow different. The adults of Kamisu 66 believe the Monstrats to be "two-faced" in character, and therefore avoid having children and Monstrats meet.

Board of Ethics

The ultimate town authority, responsible for all policies. The head of the Board's authority is said to outstrip even the town mayor's.

Moral Code

The type of law established in Kamisu 66. Basic rules are in place so that the townspeople may live safely. The most important of these is "If someone is using the Power on something, do not interfere with use of your own Power" (if someone "butts in" with their Power, space can become distorted and a pattern of interference like a rainbow will appear, which can become extremely dangerous). If these rules are broken, a suitable penalty is inflicted.

Waki Academy

What was known in the ancient world as an elementary school. One of the schools in Kamisu 66. Saki, Satoru and Shun all went there. Graduation usually happens after the shukurei that denotes the Power manifesting, before moving on to senior school at Sage Academy.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am

Nice .
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 am

lol decepticat.

*goes back to episode 1* Hm, they did play that song in the beginning. Didn't even notice. Very interesting.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Great episode.

I was wondering about the band-aid Saki had on her forehead in the temple after the scene where the Priest Mushin introduced himself in the first episode.

He tested her death feedback function by making her think she was torturing him, she collapsed and hit her head on the floor, that's why she needed the band-aid in the next scene lol.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Goddamn, ep4. So much to take in.

Alright, so let me get this straight.

Spoiler:
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Destructo wrote:Goddamn, ep4. So much to take in.

Alright, so let me get this straight.

Spoiler:

Yes.

And the pack of Bakenezumi he fucked up also look similar enough to humans from a distance to trigger his death feedback further.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:24 am

i love how japan always seem to use america's full military power in anime ..... i highly doubt america would risk having all of its b2 bombers in one place, cause they cost waaaay too much, and whats the point of stealth against pk users Anf
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 am

kill them in their sleep
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:39 am

no you dumb neko, i mean reduction of the radar signature via radar absorbing material on the stealth bombers Anf
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:43 am

B2s flying in formation look cool, that's why they were in there.

MikuHatsune wrote:no you dumb neko, i mean reduction of the radar signature via radar absorbing material on the stealth bombers Anf

>Implying sleeping PK users don't detect attackers via radar
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 am

do they?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:52 am

Spoiler:
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 am

Man, I'm glad I picked this one up but man this episode had a lot of info to take in. Might need to watch it a second time to fully absorb the info.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next