Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

+17
FightingFurball
Neol
Saya
NoblePhantasm
Kana
Killaman16
Revy
ZappaBappa
MikuHatsune
Albatross
LastBlues
FullArmageddon
Wing
CluelessNeko
Destructo
rederoin
TopgunUK
21 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 9 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by TopgunUK Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 am

Revy wrote:I still remember what Saki said about Maria in one of the early episodes and have been waiting for that event to unfold ever since.

Aidoru's translation of the first chapter wrote:
I haven’t introduced myself yet.
My name is Watanabe Saki. I was born on December 10, year 210, in Kamisu Town 66.
Immediately before I was born, the bamboo groves said to flower only once in a
century, bloomed. For three months not a drop of rain fell from the skies, but summer
brought snow, and every conceivable meteorological anomaly occurred with regularity.
On the night of December 10, the world became enveloped in a pitch-black darkness,
when many witnessed a flash of lightning, lighting up a dragon covered in golden scales
swimming through the clouds…
…That was precisely what did not occur.

Year 210 was an exceedingly average year, and like all other babies born in Kamisu
Town 66 in that year, I was very average. It must have been different for my mother,
however. When she became pregnant with me, she was in her late thirties and felt that
she would not have any more children in her lifetime. In our times, this would be
considered a very late maternity.
What compounded the problem was the fact that my mother, Watanabe Mizuho,
worked as a librarian, a crucial occupation. Her decisions shaped the future of the town,
and sometimes lives were even at stake. Taking part in pre-natal training while coping
with the pressures of her job must have been a considerable hardship for her.

At the same time, my father, Sugiura Takashi, was the mayor of Kamisu Town 66. This
was probably a pretty busy job as well, but at the time, the job of a librarian carried a
far heavier burden than that of the mayor. That hasn’t changed now, of course, but the
difference probably isn’t as considerable as it was back then.

My mother went into labour in the middle of a conference on how to classify
newly-excavated documents. This was over a week earlier than was expected, but since
her waters had broken, she was immediately transferred to a maternity clinic on the
outskirts of town. It was only ten minutes later that I first saw the light of day.
However, by a stroke of bad luck, the umbilical cord had wrapped itself around my neck,
and I could not even cry. The delivery assistant was a young person for whom this was
his first job, and he almost fell into a panic, but luckily the umbilical cord was easily
removed, and I was able to take my first breath of oxygen into my lungs and produce a
healthy cry.

Two weeks later, at the same maternity clinic, another girl was born. This girl was
Akizuki Maria, and she would later become my close friend. Maria was not only
premature and breech-born, but like me, had the umbilical cord wrapped around her
neck. She was in a much more delicate state than I was, and was virtually in a coma
upon being born.

Her delivery assistant was able to deal with it in a calm manner, having had experience
with me. They say that if he was slower to remove the umbilical cord by even a small
amount, she surely would have died. When I heard this story for the first time, I felt
much joy in the fact that I had indirectly saved my friend’s life… but remembering it
now, my emotions are mixed. If Maria had not been born into this world, so many lives
would not have been lost…

Here's that part in the novel, little more detailed.

I actually had the event she's referring to somewhat spoiled for me months ago though.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 9 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by Revy Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 am

TopgunUK wrote:I actually had the event she's referring to somewhat spoiled for me months ago though.
:(

Thanks.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 am

Novelfag's explanation of Tomiko's youth:

Might be considered a spoiler, and It'll probably be explained in the show at some point so I'll put it in tags just in case.

Spoiler:
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 am

The manga is extremely provocative.
NSFW
Spoiler:

Goddamn...
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Revy wrote:The manga is extremely provocative.
NSFW
Spoiler:

Goddamn...
And now im interested in the show for some reason
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 pm

TopgunUK wrote:Novelfag's explanation of Tomiko's youth:

Might be considered a spoiler, and It'll probably be explained in the show at some point so I'll put it in tags just in case.

Spoiler:

so basically shes
Spoiler:

Revy wrote:The manga is extremely provocative.
NSFW
Spoiler:

Goddamn...

holy sweet jesus mother of god
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm

How'd you guys go this long without seeing the Manga?
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 am

Well personally I dont go to manga sites all to often, also I really had to force myself to watch this (Downloaded it, just never felt like watching it)
Anyway just marathoned the first 5 episodes, and I had to stop when i realized it was 5AM
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 am

DMCMaster wrote:Well personally I dont go to manga sites all to often, also I really had to force myself to watch this (Downloaded it, just never felt like watching it)
Anyway just marathoned the first 5 episodes, and I had to stop when i realized it was 5AM

I didn't mean you.

I meant Revy and Miku, since they've been watching for a while and we've mentioned the Manga here before, I figured they'd have checked it out, I think Sankaku posted pages too.

I saw some shitty raw scans back before the Animu started on /a/.

Are you liking the show so far?
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 am

TopgunUK wrote:
DMCMaster wrote:Well personally I dont go to manga sites all to often, also I really had to force myself to watch this (Downloaded it, just never felt like watching it)

I didn't mean you.

I meant Revy and Miku, since they've been watching for a while and we've mentioned the Manga here before, I figured they'd have checked it out, I think Sankaku posted pages too.

I saw some shitty raw scans back before the Animu started on /a/.

Are you liking the show so far?
Damn good, started at 3:30am, figured id watch the first 2 episodes before finally going to sleep, next thing I know im watching another, and another, and another, and another, and another you get the idea
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:43 am

i dont read manga regularly no matter how.....good.....it is lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:18 am

I didn't even think you'd have read it, I just thought you'd have at least seen the pages in question from it somewhere.

Since Furball posted a link to the Sankaku article a couple of pages back, and you joked "No yaoi, better start reading the Manga" I thought you'd read the article.

But you must have just read my post about how shitty Sankaku's journalism is for calling the Manga the original when they're both adaptations of the novel and the Anime follows the novel closer.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 pm

nah i dont do the things i say half the time lol, i like the show i really do....

edit: finally got around to reading the manga....and by reading the manga i mean skipping to the part where theres yuri yuri ecchi ecchi Adur

great manga Asmile
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Art was off this episode, but not to a Yamauchi extent.

Two weeks until next episode.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Once again, the plot thickens
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 pm

forgot to mention this last episode

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 9 1306089-JA6QVJ0

dat chick at the bottom right with the huge boobs, holy shit lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 pm

She had huge tits even before the timeskip.

I was keeping an eye out for her to see how she'd developed.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:29 pm

:O this is my first time seeing her
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 am

TopgunUK wrote:She had huge tits even before the timeskip.

I was keeping an eye out for her to see how she'd developed.
rofl
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:17 pm

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 9 FvzIT
[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 9 S0pO5

Those faces, lol.
I love Maria's bunny hopping.

Spoiler about final arc of the series.
Spoiler:
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm

what the fuck

Spoiler:
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Destructo wrote:what the fuck

Spoiler:

Watch the preview for the next episode, pretty clear what's gonna happen in it.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm

eh..naw

I remember it flying over my head the first time I watched it, so let's keep it that way :bounce:
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Squealer in the next ep preview, lol.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 pm

satoru looks pretty cool.....i mean saki looks pretty cute.....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next