Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review

3 posters

Go down

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review Empty Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review

Post by Zelnaga Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 am

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review 18530

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - I have never experienced an earthquake in my life, nor have I experienced remotely how it would feel from actually be in the middle of a earthquake through movies or documentaries, because let's be honest here - most of them are Americanized Hollywood over the top action garbage. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, in my opinion tries to put you in situation, because of its 'close as possible' realistic nature of a natural disaster (minus the possible psychological side of things) and puts you through the dangers and the emotions of going through an earthquake.

I certainly felt sometime, for our main characters and their journey they had to put up with, but slowly each of the characters changed throughout the course of their trip through the help of each other and meeting other people in the disaster zone along the way, with their own problems and grievances. There were times when I actually felt for both of them. When they were in danger, i was scared for them, when they were sad, I was actually sad. But this show is pretty much drama intensive, and some water works were had on the way. Mari was my favorite character, the kind stranger who helped our main protagonist be reunited with their parents but who also had problems of her own, and these kind strangers do exist. I thought Bones did well to mimic that. There was a certain depressing moment with Mari, though true to Bones storytelling, I soon perked up.

I laugh at the people who get annoyed by Mirais 'brat' attitude, because they either ain't met a high school girl before, or their assumption of a high school girl is a damsel in distress, or not what they expected it to be, because personally I thought the character development of Mirari was excellent and her 'brat' attitude was just as intended. Through the course of her journey, she matures out of her stubborn rebellious teenage attitude thanks to that of her brother Yukki, though he was slightly annoying when he did wander off now and then, it wasn't enough to put me off as I actually liked him, as well as Mari, its was a pretty strong cast in my opinion. Sure, it's slightly cliched , but from my experience, it's nice to see this type of detail put into developing a character, and making it believable like this show has done, because most other shows, character development tend to be pretty forgettable. At the time of writing I actually finished this show from start to finish without stopping. That's how much I enjoyed it, and it's defiantly worth a watch, sure the character art was plain. . . probably too plain, but you can't fault the fantastic background art and animation. Defiantly one of the best shows of this summer so far, and one of the best shows of this year, on par with Higashi no Eden. Excellent show!

Story 9
Animation 7
Sound 8
Character 9
Enjoyment 10
Overall - 9 Excellent

Note: This was a very old review i posted way back in GT Anime Faction (2009 in fact). Thought some people who havent seen this yet to check it out. Also the review section needs sprucing up! I tend to not have any spoilers on my reviews, and just discuss my personal thoughts and feelings for the show, and try to not encroach on any aspects that might spoil the story. Also this is my personal review, whether you agree with it or not, its always nice to have a discussion on what other members feel about the show, so dont be shy!
Zelnaga
Zelnaga

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review Empty Re: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Review

Post by Nanamix Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 am

I remember about this anime, though I'm not quite sure if the settings are actually based upon the 2010 Earthquake.
Nanamix
Nanamix
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/nanasesakamoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't know about the 2010 quake, however I remember a story about this anime reairing, got a few episodes in, then the tsunami happened... Asad

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

It was created before the Japanese quake in any case it was a good anime none the less. It definitely pulled my heart strings. It left me teary eyed. My favorite character was the little bro he's the man.
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down