Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR Review

4 posters

Go down

SWTOR Review Empty SWTOR Review

Post by Nanamix Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:03 am

SWTOR Review SWTOR-Sith-Guide

Today's first and foremost review that I am going to make, is about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Let's face it fanboys, I was once a huge fan of Knight of the Old Republic I and II, Bioware should had stick with KOTOR III if anything. Clearly, SWTOR is probably now a subscribed Single Player Online Role Playing Game. Because after you reached 50, there are absolutely nothing to do. Now before I goes on with my rage post, let's look back on how the game failed miserably.

[STORY]

SWTOR takes a few hundreds years after KOTOR 2, where there is a sub-story about the Jedi-Exile and Revan disappeared fighting the Sith Emperor, and they got horribly crushed. You, as a player, pretty much have your own story depending on the class that you choose, let it be Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Trooper, Smuggler; all of each classes has their own ending. The game over sympathize you as the protagonist (Literally, even if you went darkside-mode), and it's frankly a linear experience despite the decision you made, again, with the same ending, just different way of presenting it. You discovered the where about of Revan and the rest of the crew from KOTOR I and II, get to killed the Sith Emperor if you are a Jedi, save the Galaxy, or become a new ruler of the Sith Empire. Well, you don't technically get to rule it.

Overtime with new patches and what not, Bioware released new content, more Flashpoint and Operations to do, for a little more storyline.

[GAMEPLAY]

I will admit, the combat is fluid. The "Bioware" storyline and choice selection never gets old and keeps you guessing what would happen if you made that choice, though you can easily press Esc and redo that cutscene if you didn't like the choice you've made. Let's face it, the coreplay of the game is pretty much WoW with Lightsaber. Come on Bioware, I am disappoint. You follow the storyline, kill stuff, retrieve this, and etc. Oh, and also, the only thing that kept me playing through the game was actually because of the companion system.

Classes imbalance is unavoidable. Yes, I am looking at you Vanguard and Bio-Bounty Hunter spam fags.

There are several cut scenes where you are in a dramatic situation, a ship is exploding, and all that crazy shenanigans, and your character expression is extremely stiff, shows very little emotions, and awkward physics. I believed that Bioware spent over 80 millions USD, and probably 60% of it on advertisement, and the remaining on just copy and pasting the game with cut scenes and voice.

Well, community wise, the game is pretty much dead. I was on Sanctum of the Exalted and Shien, both RP with good communities, and now dead. Now Bioware is looking for F2P company for SWTOR. So if you want to play the game, wait until then.
Nanamix
Nanamix
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/nanasesakamoto

Back to top Go down

SWTOR Review Empty Re: SWTOR Review

Post by Killaman16 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:13 am

All aboard the TORtanic!
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 am

SWTOR, the Single-Player game with a MMO skin.
I have been watching videos on youtube of the dialogues and quests and stuff and i really like it, but im not paying for that. When/if the game goes F2P i'll play it.
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

https://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Plue Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 am

Bioware can't even make good single player RPGs anymore, I don't see how anyone thought they could make a good game that was in a genre that was out of their element.
Plue
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanamix Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 pm

With the latest F2P, I find myself in a disappointment, because most of the things are nit-pit with the nickle and dimes, it's ridiculous.
Nanamix
Nanamix
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/nanasesakamoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down