Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

+34
2-D
Brunoc
Setsu
Frocobo
ninelifedemon
Plue
Pai
Hito
Slydragon93
Kiko
KonohamaruHeaven
Hitman Zeus
shakoor_h
MikuHatsune
Kana
Saya
FightingFurball
Nilt
LastBlues
NoblePhantasm
Neol
Revy
TranClan67
Albatross
Destructo
Cosbuster
DMCMaster
ZappaBappa
saintcross
CluelessNeko
TopgunUK
sex offender
NinjagoonAF
Wing
38 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 4 Empty Re: [Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Post by NoblePhantasm Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am

What I said was counter-sarcasm to your sarcasm.

At least I had glory.

EDIT: Notice the "-er".
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 4 Empty Re: [Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Post by Wing Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:What I said was counter-sarcasm to your sarcasm..

I just considered you were countering my sarcasm from the start while I was in the kitchen. And now my fears have been realized.

I surrender.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am

I was sarcasming before you even learned how to type on a keyboard, you're no match for me. Hah.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:11 am

That's kinda sad, actually. I'm sorry you didn't have a childhood.

I think...
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am

That's alright. I'll go crazy or senile eventually.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Great first episode. Sadly i've already read most of the manga chapters out there. But its still nice seeing it in motion. Altough i have a feeling they're gonna cut back on the gore. But we'l see that next episode.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosbuster Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm

ZappaBappa wrote:Altough i have a feeling they're gonna cut back on the gore.

What gore? There was hardly any other than some blood. Most of it was implied.
Cosbuster
Cosbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:08 am

Cosbuster wrote:What gore? There was hardly any other than some blood. Most of it was implied.

Wait for blu ray's.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:38 am

Cosbuster wrote:
ZappaBappa wrote:Altough i have a feeling they're gonna cut back on the gore.

What gore? There was hardly any other than some blood. Most of it was implied.

It had some pretty disturbing images here and there though Like half a corpse crushed under a rock, or the guy getting hit by one. They did leave out the little massacre the giants did in the first chapter... But seeing how
Spoiler:
i dont think they can even leave that out. So i guess we'l see how they're going to do the gore next episode.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:15 am

That Hannes dude running away from what he thought was gonna be a heroic act really shows how much people have gotten too comfy with their time of peace, especially those guards. I don't think they'll last too long lol.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:43 am

He's not the only one. The only people that have faced the Titans in the last century are the Survey Corps. Which only makes up a fraction of the military.

Can't really blame him for running. It was technically the right choice. On average, it takes thirty human deaths to take down one Titan. He was in over his head the moment he thought he could take it on by himself.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't really understand why the show got so much hype tbh...
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 am

I'd spend the time writing out, in detail, everything that concerns me about your thoughtless statement. But it's not worth the effort on my part, considering you used none on your own.

If you don't have an actual argument against it, other than it getting more attention than you like, don't bother.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosbuster Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 am

Shit just got real.
Cosbuster
Cosbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:27 am

Wing wrote:If you don't have an actual argument against it, other than it getting more attention than you like, don't bother.
His argument is that it sucks.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:His argument is that it sucks.

That's a weak argument.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:
Wing wrote:If you don't have an actual argument against it, other than it getting more attention than you like, don't bother.
His argument is that it sucks.
not suck. it is good to be honest but not better than many other anime.
it just doesn't seem all that special.
From the amount of attention, I thought it was on the level of maybe Claymore or Berserk.
but it doesn't seem to have any strong point really, what I have seen in thread is a lamentation of the lack of gore which quite frankly is a bit weak as gore shouldn't be a selling point of anything with maybe the exception of a splatter movie.
So what I'm saying isn't that it sucks but that it is rather just decent or for the sack of point good.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saya Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 am

Great first episode. That last scene was really good.
8/10 would bang
Saya
Saya
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:51 am

This show is interesting to me for entirely different reasons. It seems to fuck with everyone regardless on which side they find themselves on. Wing's first retort is in all honesty utterly bizarre and any and all assertions about the show are made after one episode (don't give a shit about who read the manga or not). One goddamn episode and everyone goes mad one way or another.

I mean, what the fuck is this supposed to be: "it is good to be honest but not better than many other anime."

One episode. It's not good, it's not great nor does it suck. It's precisely nothing at this point. Whether I'll end up liking it or not I'll stick with it regardless because this is the strangest thing I had to deal with in a while.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saya Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:56 am

I'm sure you are not referring to me Nobel, but just for clarity I was only judging how much I liked the first episode alone.
You're are right though about people already labeling the show in general as awesome or bad after one episode.
Saya
Saya
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:07 am

FightingFurball wrote:not suck. it is good to be honest but not better than many other anime.

Shocker. You've only seen twenty-odd minutes of a series you know nothing about, and you have other things you still like more.

Breathtaking.

FightingFurball wrote:it just doesn't seem all that special.

I'm sorry. I had no idea you felt that way.

FightingFurball wrote:From the amount of attention, I thought it was on the level of maybe Claymore or Berserk.

If attention solely defined the quality of any work, we'd have a much bigger issue at hand.

FightingFurball wrote:but it doesn't seem to have any strong point really

Use of Western mythology, Steampunk elements, and a desire to more accurately reflect human nature within a society.

Other than that, it doesn't really have anything. I mean, where's the school setting? And I haven't seen anyone from the MC's harem other than the coodere girl. And the females aren't wearing skirts with their uniforms. How are we supposed to see their pantsu in battle?

FightingFurball wrote:So what I'm saying isn't that it sucks but that it is rather just decent or for the sack of point good.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 am

You sound about as sarcastic and resentful as myself on a good day.

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 4 UsoSde2
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:15 am

NoblePhantasm wrote: Wing's first retort is in all honesty utterly bizarre

He could have posted that in a number of other threads, and he would have gotten the same response from me.

I'm annoyed entirely by what he posted, and his reasons for posting it. The topic of discussion matters little.

Stating an opinion doesn't bother me. Asking a question they can answer themselves contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.

NoblePhantasm wrote:You sound about as sarcastic and resentful as myself on a good day.

I'm flattered. Is that a bad thing?
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 am

Yeah, I dunno, I still think it's a disproportionate response for what was a rather rhetorical and largely unoffensive question.

Not bad at all. Let us bask in our snarkiness.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 am

Damn, people.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next