Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

+34
2-D
Brunoc
Setsu
Frocobo
ninelifedemon
Plue
Pai
Hito
Slydragon93
Kiko
KonohamaruHeaven
Hitman Zeus
shakoor_h
MikuHatsune
Kana
Saya
FightingFurball
Nilt
LastBlues
NoblePhantasm
Neol
Revy
TranClan67
Albatross
Destructo
Cosbuster
DMCMaster
ZappaBappa
saintcross
CluelessNeko
TopgunUK
sex offender
NinjagoonAF
Wing
38 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 Empty Re: [Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:Yeah, I dunno, I still think it's a disproportionate response for what was a rather rhetorical and largely unoffensive question.

Probably.

NoblePhantasm wrote:Not bad at all. Let us bask in our snarkiness.

Already basking.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 Empty Re: [Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Post by TranClan67 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:28 am

Wing. What's a coodere?
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 am

"A coodere starts cold, distant, uninterested and doesn't pay any attention to potential love interests, but eventually turns lovestruck. Unlike the classic type, a coodere doesn't get hostile with the other characters, but just ignores them."
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:00 am

So, I didn't read the last page.

But I gotta say, I don't get the hype with this show.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 am

Dammit, Sam.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kana Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Kana
Kana

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am

Wing wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:not suck. it is good to be honest but not better than many other anime.

Shocker. You've only seen twenty-odd minutes of a series you know nothing about, and you have other things you still like more.

Breathtaking.

you mean 20 minutes of an introdutory episode, explaining world setting and characters? If seen better ones and ones that were not worse than this one

FightingFurball wrote:it just doesn't seem all that special.

I'm sorry. I had no idea you felt that way.

empathy isn't a strong point in many people so don't take it to heart

FightingFurball wrote:From the amount of attention, I thought it was on the level of maybe Claymore or Berserk.

If attention solely defined the quality of any work, we'd have a much bigger issue at hand.

you mean the attention that a supposed classic in the making gets but when screens looks like just another decent anime?

FightingFurball wrote:but it doesn't seem to have any strong point really

Use of Western mythology, Steampunk elements, and a desire to more accurately reflect human nature within a society.

hell even harem animes like to use western mythology... also saying this anime has a social comment or for that matter reflect how a society behaves in a situation like this, is a fan of Terry Pratchett nearly affronting :)

Other than that, it doesn't really have anything. I mean, where's the school setting? And I haven't seen anyone from the MC's harem other than the coodere girl. And the females aren't wearing skirts with their uniforms. How are we supposed to see their pantsu in battle?

yeah it's like naruto

FightingFurball wrote:So what I'm saying isn't that it sucks but that it is rather just decent or for the sack of point good.

Thanks for clearing that up.

always happy to help the not so empaphy gifted individuals, no need to thank me shy

just wanted to say that I don't think it deserves all the hype before hand and I doubt many will remember it in a year or so.

FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 am

Oh Sojin, what the fuck are you doing.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 am

You could've stopped this, Furball.

It could've been over.

You've doomed us all.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 am

one addition (as mentioned this is steampunk) we all saw the bloody cannons on the walls.
one thing.
the have CANNONS!
it is news to me that anything living withstand a CANNONBALL.
and they are as big as HOUSES! The SMALLEST of them are as big as houses!
how hard can it be to hit one of them with several cannons if neccessary, it's not like they move like the bloody Flash...
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 am

FightingFurball wrote:one addition (as mentioned this is steampunk) we all saw the bloody cannons on the walls.
one thing.
the have CANNONS!
how hard can it be to hit one of them with several cannons if neccessary, it's not like they move like the bloody Flash...

They survive and regenerate any wound that doesn't destroy the nape of their neck.

The cannons aren't very accurate.

Some of the giants do move pretty quickly.

There are far more giants than there are cannons so concentrated fire on every one until they get a neckshot isn't feasible, the cannons are mainly used to slow their advance.

These are the kinds of complaints you really should hold off on making until you're further in.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 am

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 Laugh

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 Laughing

As I said from the start.

You have no argument to make.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TranClan67 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:50 am

Dear lord this is turning into a comedy thread
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am

TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:one addition (as mentioned this is steampunk) we all saw the bloody cannons on the walls.
one thing.
the have CANNONS!

They survive and regenerate any wound that doesn't destroy the nape of their neck.

The cannons aren't very accurate.

Some of the giants do move pretty quickly.

There are far more giants than there are cannons so concentrated fire on every one until they get a neckshot isn't feasible, the cannons are mainly used to slow their advance.

These are the kinds of complaints you really should hold off on making until you're further in.
A common misconception. 64lb-Siege cannons aren't very accurate but those were designed to blast fortified walls, basically the same walls they were hiding behind. cannonballs aren't pointpenetrating like modern bullets are but react more like jhp ammunition even if you just hit the torso with one of those there would be no torso anymore atleast from those large calibres.
secondly we still have standard 24lb-field cannons which were very accurate and used for instance to smash carree formation in the napoleonic wars so the cavalry could engage them. a trained crew would be able to hit such a large target at several 100 metre. not to mention that you could use grapeshot, shrapnel or carcasshot ammunition at shorter ranges for more devasting effects. at a hundred metre or similar head or neckshots wouldn't be as hard to pull off.
it would be a more viable tactic then jumping on them with swords especially since cutting off a human head with a heavy axe while the head is even on a block in executions takes several tries, as far as I know about 3. which funny fact was the major driving force behind the development of the guillotine.

on the note of numbers. the recon troups engage single entities as far as I have seen, no? hell they could even use bait & ambush tactics instead of just charging them...
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 am

Wing wrote:
As I said from the start.

You have no argument to make.
and I thought I did with the whole; neither premise or characters seem to be much out of the ordinary.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 am

You won't be able to get out of the hole you're digging at this rate.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 am

Wing wrote:
You won't be able to get out of the hole you're digging at this rate.
what exact point do you mean please?
1) that the tactics we have seen employed so far aren't recon oriented but more fitting for a suicide squad.
2) that our hero is an orphan shounen character with his 2 more or less trusty childhood friends
3) that there are a lot of carivorous beasts on the planet with an approximate calory intake of 32k calories each for the small house sized giants (about 10 metres?), not to speak of the 60 metre high giants which would need approximately 2.2kk calories each, not to mention the stress on the joints...
4) we have an alternate earth were surprisingly mankind fights against an enemy with overwhelming odds
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:29 am

FightingFurball wrote:
A common misconception. 64lb-Siege cannons aren't very accurate but those were designed to blast fortified walls, basically the same walls they were hiding behind. cannonballs aren't pointpenetrating like modern bullets are but react more like jhp ammunition even if you just hit the torso with one of those there would be no torso anymore atleast from those large calibres.
secondly we still have standard 24lb-field cannons which were very accurate and used for instance to smash carree formation in the napoleonic wars so the cavalry could engage them. a trained crew would be able to hit such a large target at several 100 metre. not to mention that you could use grapeshot, shrapnel or carcasshot ammunition at shorter ranges for more devasting effects. at a hundred metre or similar head or neckshots wouldn't be as hard to pull off.
it would be a more viable tactic then jumping on them with swords especially since cutting off a human head with a heavy axe while the head is even on a block in executions takes several tries, as far as I know about 3. which funny fact was the major driving force behind the development of the guillotine.

on the note of numbers. the recon troups engage single entities as far as I have seen, no? hell they could even use bait & ambush tactics instead of just charging them...

A lot of unnecessary detail to go into considering how little of it is relevant.

Fortunately the Manga goes into pretty significant technical detail too.

[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 Ib207yqYi94MxA
[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 IFpvpwDt8vLyV
[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 IIIsaJNWR70XZ
[Anime] Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Page 5 IbuwVyQFZxKvhn
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 am

employment of cannons would still be a better tactic than jumping them. the largest problem seems to be the accuracy even if they have problems there simply highening the number of shots for instance with a volley gun would be sufficient. you could also use the canon fire to debilitate a titan instead of jumping him head-on.

but that wasn't the point here atually, it was that this is kind of run-of-the-mill stuff, neither premise or characters are out of the ordinary. it is certainly enjoyable but so is Dead Space 3 and who would hype it like Journey? to use a more understandable analogy.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 am

FightingFurball wrote:certainly enjoyable but so is Dead Space 3
FightingFurball wrote:enjoyable
FightingFurball wrote:Dead Space 3

I'm going to have to politely ask you to leave.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:32 am

What you're failing to realize, throughout the entirety of this exchange, is how little you actually know about the subject. Everything you've written thus far is entirely incoherent. Much of it is either part of a different discussion or random statistics that don't even apply.

Your ignorance is a showcase of our species greatest weakness.

Stick to mass-producing crappy discussion threads. Don't bother participating in them.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosbuster Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Sup, everyone's still mad in here?!
Cosbuster
Cosbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:29 am

The time is coming.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:31 am

good god wth happened in here...

anyway i thought it was interesting.....i like it nuff said i dont have to get nitpicky(not pointing any fingers), if im entertained.....im entertained
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:10 am

Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next