Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual Novels - Downloads & Discussion

+5
TopgunUK
Plue
2-D
Wing
FullArmageddon
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Visual Novels - Downloads & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Visual Novels - Downloads & Discussion

Post by Spider-Man Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 am

I don't think I've played a visual novel before, closest to it was Persona 3 Portable lol
Spider-Man
Spider-Man

Back to top Go down

Visual Novels - Downloads & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Visual Novels - Downloads & Discussion

Post by Wing Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 pm

You should give em' a shot Spidey!
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm

OK, first of all, I'm not dead ^^

For the past couple weeks, I had spent a few hours a week updating the list (replacing dead or removed torrents). The reason why there were so many dead torrents in the first place was because a few months ago a user on The Pirate Bay (hgames) deleted his account + all his torrents, and at least 60% off all the torrents I used were his. I've been trying to find replacements, many of which I found on BTJunkie, one of the largest torrent sites in the world, but if you go ahead and click that link, you'll see that they just shut down, so once again, many of the torrents I used are gone. Frankly, this isn't doing much for my motivation to continue working on this list, but I don't plan to abandon it.

If I could create my own torrents for all these visual novels and seed them myself like hgames did from The Pirate Bay, I would. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to do that (my home upload speeds are horrible). I'm looking at other options like hosting services & getting a virtual private server (which will cost money), but if that happens it won't be for while (like a couple months).

Anyways, I still plan on eventually getting this list updated, but for now it's on hiatus until I get my motivation back and figure out exactly what I want to do with it. Just figured I'd let ya'll know. Also, you'll see me around the forums a bit more often now ^^
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 pm

So im trying out Bazooka Cafe (what, the boobs grabbed my attention)
Is there anything special I need to do in order to play the game?
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:33 am

FullArmageddon wrote:OK, first of all, I'm not dead ^^

For the past couple weeks, I had spent a few hours a week updating the list (replacing dead or removed torrents). The reason why there were so many dead torrents in the first place was because a few months ago a user on The Pirate Bay (hgames) deleted his account + all his torrents, and at least 60% off all the torrents I used were his. I've been trying to find replacements, many of which I found on BTJunkie, one of the largest torrent sites in the world, but if you go ahead and click that link, you'll see that they just shut down, so once again, many of the torrents I used are gone. Frankly, this isn't doing much for my motivation to continue working on this list, but I don't plan to abandon it.

If I could create my own torrents for all these visual novels and seed them myself like hgames did from The Pirate Bay, I would. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to do that (my home upload speeds are horrible). I'm looking at other options like hosting services & getting a virtual private server (which will cost money), but if that happens it won't be for while (like a couple months).

Anyways, I still plan on eventually getting this list updated, but for now it's on hiatus until I get my motivation back and figure out exactly what I want to do with it. Just figured I'd let ya'll know. Also, you'll see me around the forums a bit more often now ^^

Glad to know you're still kicking.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 am

DMCMaster wrote:So im trying out Bazooka Cafe (what, the boobs grabbed my attention)
Since it was licensed and translated into English, you won't need to patch it. All you have to do is mount the image with Daemon Tools Lite (or burn it to a disc with ImgBurn) and install it like a normal game.

Wing wrote:Glad to know you're still kicking.
:D
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:39 am

FullArmageddon wrote:
DMCMaster wrote:So im trying out Bazooka Cafe (what, the boobs grabbed my attention)
Since it was licensed and translated into English, you won't need to patch it. All you have to do is mount the image with Daemon Tools Lite (or burn it to a disc with ImgBurn) and install it like a normal game.

Wing wrote:Glad to know you're still kicking.
:D
Ok so just use the Daemon tools thing and thats it?
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:44 am

I mean im new to this so explain everything in as much detail as possible.
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 am

DMCMaster wrote:I mean im new to this so explain everything in as much detail as possible.

Do you have DAEMON Tools downloaded and installed?
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:08 am

After you get Daemon installed, there will be an icon in the task bar on the right. Right click it, go to Virtual Devices -> *** No Media -> Mount Image. Then browse to where you downloaded the game and double click the image file (.iso, .cue, .ccd, .img, .mds, .bin - select any file with this extension, if there are two in one folder, just try one and if it doesn't work try the other). If auto-play doesn't pop up the install, just go to My Computer and you'll see it there. Then just install it like a normal game.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 pm

FullArmageddon wrote:After you get Daemon installed, there will be an icon in the task bar on the right. Right click it, go to Virtual Devices -> *** No Media -> Mount Image. Then browse to where you downloaded the game and double click the image file (.iso, .cue, .ccd, .img, .mds, .bin - select any file with this extension, if there are two in one folder, just try one and if it doesn't work try the other). If auto-play doesn't pop up the install, just go to My Computer and you'll see it there. Then just install it like a normal game.
I did as you said, but nothing works, is there a direct download of the entire game somewhere?
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

DMCMaster wrote:
FullArmageddon wrote:After you get Daemon installed, there will be an icon in the task bar on the right. Right click it, go to Virtual Devices -> *** No Media -> Mount Image. Then browse to where you downloaded the game and double click the image file (.iso, .cue, .ccd, .img, .mds, .bin - select any file with this extension, if there are two in one folder, just try one and if it doesn't work try the other). If auto-play doesn't pop up the install, just go to My Computer and you'll see it there. Then just install it like a normal game.
I did as you said, but nothing works, is there a direct download of the entire game somewhere?

You can download it from here -> http://erogedownload.com/downloads/bazooka-cafe/

Most of the games from this site are simple to play, you just extract all the .rar files and it creates a game folder where all you have to do is double click the application file in the game directory, no install needed.

NOTE: I haven't downloaded this title, so I can't confirm it, but it should work like most. If you have any more problems, just let us know.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 am

Thank you, I am using that site for all future Visual novels I have an interest in, btw is there a Visual Novel Emulator for PSP
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 am

Not that I know of, FA may know about that.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Wing wrote:Not that I know of, FA may know about that.
Ok, I could have sworn I saw one once somewhere though, maybe im just imagining it
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 am

Question was there a Boku wa Tomodachi (I dont have many friends) Light Novel?
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm

DMCMaster wrote:btw is there a Visual Novel Emulator for PSP
There's not an emulator. However, I know there's been at least one PSP visual novel that's been translated, but I can't remember what it was.

DMCMaster wrote:Question was there a Boku wa Tomodachi (I dont have many friends) Light Novel?
You mean Visual Novel? Yes, it's actually going to be released in Japan in just a few hours (2/23/2012). Go here for more info.

If you want to read the light novels, volumes 1-4 and half of volume 5 has been translated here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm

FullArmageddon wrote:
DMCMaster wrote:btw is there a Visual Novel Emulator for PSP
There's not an emulator. However, I know there's been at least one PSP visual novel that's been translated, but I can't remember what it was.

DMCMaster wrote:Question was there a Boku wa Tomodachi (I dont have many friends) Light Novel?
You mean Visual Novel? Yes, it's actually going to be released in Japan in just a few hours (2/23/2012). Go here for more info.

If you want to read the light novels, volumes 1-4 and half of volume 5 has been translated here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai
Ahh, tought there was already a visual novel out (thought the PSP one was a port of anoter VN)
and Ill be reading the novel when I can
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Alright, so I'm finishing up the Sharin no Kuni fandisc, and there seems to be a missing scene and some CG's from the Eri route.

It's very short and there were no choices whatsoever, and somehow, it shows that I'm missing something from it. And I can't find anything about it online.

Can anyone help me out?
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 am

Unfortunately I haven't played the fandisc yet. I really should get around to that, I've heard people say that they liked it better than the main story. Only thing is I'd probably have to reread the original since it's been so long.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:18 am

Dararara vol 4-10 English. Translation plz.
Vol 4 is right after the anime.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 am

Unknown... can you please think/read before you post? This is the Visual Novel section, not the manga section. They're two completely different things. Also, if you want to request/ask something that's unrelated to visual novels, you do it in the Question Thread as I've already told you in a PM.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:33 am

FullArmageddon wrote:Unknown... can you please think/read before you post? This is the Visual Novel section, not the manga section. They're two completely different things. Also, if you want to request/ask something that's unrelated to visual novels, you do it in the Question Thread as I've already told you in a PM.
Dararara is a Visual Novel. It had start off as a VN than manga than anime. I heard Durarara was based on vol 1-3 .

My mistake it was a light novel.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 am

FullArmageddon wrote:Unfortunately I haven't played the fandisc yet. I really should get around to that, I've heard people say that they liked it better than the main story. Only thing is I'd probably have to reread the original since it's been so long.

I figured it out, you unlock an Omake after you finish all six of the story's.

The Houzuki story is easily the best part of the fandisc. It serves as both an in-depth prelude that explains things from the main story, and as a finale.

The four Afterstory's for the heroines in the main game are pretty unexciting, and they seem like an excuse for all of the ero scenes. I skipped through a good part of most of them, I was having a hard time paying attention. And then they have a short route for Eri's backstory. Which is okay.

If you're going to read any part of it, you NEED to read Houzuki's. That's what some people like better than the main story.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 pm

So I'm currently working on giving this section an overhaul. I'll make an update to this thread, sticky the "What VN Are You Playing" thread, and create three new topics, all of which will be stickied.

The new topics will be:

Visual Novel Updates, Releases, & News

This will be a thread to post news of recently completed translation patches, partial patches, project announcements, etc.

Visual Novel Help & Recommendations - Post Questions Here
This will be the place to ask for a recommendation or to ask how to install a particular visual novel. I will eventually include a basic tutorial for installing VNs.

Visual Novel Of The Month
You can recommend a VN to be VN of the month. Once one is chosen, it will be featured in the OP complete with download links, story synopsis, etc.

I'll post them either tomorrow or wednesday.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next