Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

+16
FullArmageddon
Hitman Zeus
ninelifedemon
CluelessNeko
Plue
Revy
TopgunUK
Keck282
Cosbuster
ZappaBappa
shakoor_h
MikuHatsune
DMCMaster
Biokinetica
Kyu
Destructo
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Empty Re: [Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

Post by Revy Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 pm

DMCMaster wrote:Did anyone watch Code Geass in wonderland?
I heard it was another picture drama, so no.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Empty Re: [Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

Post by MikuHatsune Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Plue wrote:is it crap because it sucks or because it is updated slowly? I only read like the first chapter.

well.......yeah basically its updated slower than paint drying, and literally you can paint 10 barns and wait for each to dry before starting on another and there wont be another chapter out
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 am

Revy wrote:
I heard it was another picture drama, so no.
It was, although I cant complain about the outfits for the female cast
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shakoor_h Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 am

Is anyone subbing this? I thought it was meant to come out on August 4th??
shakoor_h
shakoor_h

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 am

It's not on dvd yet.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 am

Akito the Exiled is a theatrical release. The BD will come out August 26th. I should've said that in the OP
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by shakoor_h Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 am

Destructo wrote:Akito the Exiled is a theatrical release. The BD will come out August 26th. I should've said that in the OP
Ah right, so they're doing a Broken Blade-type thing with this short series.
shakoor_h
shakoor_h

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 pm

While the mech combat 3d isn't bad.... I miss the original code geass 2d mech animation.. It was awesome looking, and very fluid. So seeing this sudden change to cheap 3d effects is kinda dissapointing. But seeing as this wil be a break-blade type of timeframe, i'l probably end up waiting for the entire series to finish, because waiting for this wil take a while..
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shakoor_h Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Just had a chance to watch this today, and my only thought throughout the entire thing was "WTF is this shit?"
shakoor_h
shakoor_h

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 pm

shakoor_h wrote:
Just had a chance to watch this today, and my only thought throughout the entire thing was "WTF is this shit?"

Was like a live VN.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninelifedemon Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:29 am

THERE'S A NEW CODE GEASS?! I've been so far out of the loop on anime for the past year I'm missing all the good stuff !
ninelifedemon
ninelifedemon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:48 pm

GG's subbed the first part.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm

why does it seem like this new series is creating more plot holes?.....oh right sunrise derp Anf
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitman Zeus Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 am

MikuHatsune wrote:why does it seem like this new series is creating more plot holes?.....oh right sunrise derp Anf

Its Sunrise. Remember that after Code Geass R2, there was Gundam 00 season 2, followed by Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer...

Common note about these shows? They all sucked. They had plots there were out of this world and made no sense what so ever.

I looked through some of my old screenshots from Season 1 and 2 and the world looks like this;

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Mwqxn2vkn2qwymy4mdg3ndjkzdjhntg5nmzknzm0mge
Season 1
[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Zmrkywq0owq0zgflzwy1yjlhyzzkyje5mwrizmm2yjc
Season 2

When exactly is this show happening in the story? Somewhere after season 1, but before Schneizel invaded EU and Russia.. What the fuck is happening with the story?!

[EDIT]
Just screencapped this of Akito the Exiled;

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Gg_Code_Geass_Akito_the_Exiled_-_01_B785F404mkv_snapshot_0143_20120930_204453
EU boundary is totally messed up with the ones from the original show

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 Gg_Code_Geass_Akito_the_Exiled_-_01_B785F404mkv_snapshot_0124_20120930_205840
At least they agreed on how the borders on the Kola peninsula looks like

[Anime] Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Page 2 20100422_geass_02_resize
Screencap from the announcement trailer

Hitman Zeus
Hitman Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am

exactly my point....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

Lol, i think Sunrise is confused themselves.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 am

That's because Taniguchi, the original creator of Code Geass, has nothing to do with this spinoff.

Plus, all the plot holes from season 2 aren't his fault. Read this:

Taniguchi On Geass: "NOT AS PLANNED"

Tamaki’s Girlfriend posted a write-up about part of a Taniguchi interview (Taniguchi is the guy who’s directing Geass) at a board which must not-be-named etc. This is just about part of the interview, not the whole thing. In the part of the article she wrote about, Taniguchi talks about how Code Geass has been a total saga of NOT AS PLANNED for Taniguchi.

She said she didn’t mind if I re-posted what she wrote, so here it is, though she can’t answer any questions about the rest of the interview as she is avoiding spoilerific places like here. Hit the read more for her write-up~

The following is Tamaki’s Girlfriend’s write-up, as it was originally posted in English. There is no English translation of the interview itself. Tamaki’s Girlfriend read it in Japanese then wrote about it in English. I modified no part of it. Anything that seems like an opinion is her opinion, not mine.

Reading Taniguchi’s interview in the recently published Code Geass Roman Album really depresses me. Taniguchi = Lelouch, indeed. Code Geass has been one long string of “NOT AS PLANNED D:”s for him and the production staff. Apparently the decision to give R2 the new Sun5 slot (Takeda Seiji’s idea, after rejecting the original Lelouch of the Rebellion?) was more of a curse than a blessing to Taniguchi, because his plan had been to continue where things left off in episode 25, which would have been possible had he been allowed to keep the same timeslot in October 2007. Producer Kawaguchi wasn’t exaggerating when he said in the early R2 promotion articles that the Code Geass team had to throw out all their existing plans for season 2 and start all over because of the new timeslot.

Might explain the decision to cut Suzaku’s relation to the Geass (which was supposed to have been something deeper than just “he has the potential”), Kallen’s father (and Naoto?), and Cecile’s relationship with Suzaku, among other things.

Also, Taniguchi was seriously considering leaving the anime industry as a form of apology to the fans when it turned out that production was way behind schedule and they had to use up two slots for recaps. Season 1 was supposed to have ended with episode 23, but fortunately there was enough fan support for the Sunrise execs to greenlight episodes 24+25. The episode 25 ending is the ending Taniguchi planned to show from the very beginning; according to him, he once thought of using it as the opening scene of Stage 1 (which would have made the whole of season 1 one huge flashback; I think that’s actually pretty cool)

Taniguchi planned the season 1 ending with the firm belief that he could jump right back into the story 6 months later and tell the story to the same audience, so when he was informed of the new timeslot, Taniguchi was completely crushed. He was asked to write a short message to his fans for the special screening pamphlet back then, and apparently all he wanted to write was a letter of apology, which wasn’t allowed. Neither was he allowed to explain the situation to the fans, which is understandable from a Sunrise exec point of view, but not quite fair towards Taniguchi, IMO. When his colleagues reported back from the special screening (which Taniguchi did not attend) and spoke of the audience’s “Ehhhhhhhhh!? D:” reaction to the ending, Taniguchi’s reply was: “You think I don’t know that!? Don’t make it sound like it’s something to be happy about, you moron!”. Seems like he was really unhappy about things then XD

Some of you might remember Taniguchi’s cameo in Bamboo Blade; apparently he talked about his unhappy situation with his friends Kurata Hideyuki (scriptwriter for GunxSword and Bamboo Blade; Taniguchi “killed” him in Stage 10) and Saitou Hisashi (director of Bamboo Blade, animation director for Infinite Ryvius and S.cry.ed). After that, “Taniguchi” appeared in Bamboo Blade announcing he will retire from the anime industry after his next project. Taniguchi remarks in the interview: “They totally read my mind, back then.”

It’s kind of sad that we’ll never see the original Code Geass story as Taniguchi envisioned it. And he doesn’t seem to have any confidence in himself as a director; to him, all his projects might very well be his last. I just hope things will work out better for him in the future. At the very least, studio execs (Suzaku?) should stop screwing with his plans ><

The following is whatever I felt like saying.
I’m interested in how Geass was supposed to work out originally, R2 in particular since they scrapped and re-did it. I doubt that R2 13, in particular, was anything remotely like how it was originally planned out. I believe that “Sayoko is a Ninja” and Orange was brought back are largely due to 2ch and they found ways to include them. Tamaki’s Girlfriend has said before that the animation production was constantly behind, and that they would’ve had time to fuck ep 10 to make Orange live. I also recall reading early on that Rolo was bullshitted specifically for the “new R2″. (Edit: I believe it was when Koshimizu/Kouzuki was talking about one of the writers being challenged to “ease new viewers” into R2? Someone correct me if I’m not thinking about this correctly s;dlfkkl;234.)
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 am

I like. although it's hard to keep up with the animation when Akito's knightmare jumps around all over the place.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:24 am

Dunno about you guys, but I really don't mind the plot holes and stuff that this OVA series created (season 2 is a different story lol). With that being said, I really enjoyed the first part. The 2D animation was nice, and the 3D animation of the Knightmares didn't suck. Also, Leila~. love those purple eyes.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I remember very few details from both seasons of Geass so I wouldn't notice any plot holes this OVA has apparently created anyway.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm

its just weird that they went from hulking giant metal robots that were fairly slow to something so maneuverable.....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm

MikuHatsune wrote:its just weird that they went from hulking giant metal robots that were fairly slow to something so maneuverable.....

they weren't that slow. The Britanian knightmares were more maneuverable than the crap that the Japanese was using.

Maybe the white knightmare the main character was using has a luminous core Awat
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 pm

MikuHatsune wrote:its just weird that they went from hulking giant metal robots that were fairly slow to something so maneuverable.....
high speed mech action ftw
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:47 pm

LastBlues wrote:

they weren't that slow. The Britanian knightmares were more maneuverable than the crap that the Japanese was using.

Maybe the white knightmare the main character was using has a luminous core Awat

they were still fairly slow, and the glasgow which was the previous generation's was extremely ultra slow.....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 pm

bububububut the time skip.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next