Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PC] TERA Online - Free to Play Feb. 3rd

+19
War
NinjagoonAF
CluelessNeko
Hollow
Jazz
IeptBarakat
UltimaBuster
sex offender
Tdogmaster
Cosbuster
ellika
Sokku
MikuHatsune
LastBlues
Nanamix
NoblePhantasm
PT-Desu
BrandonBandicoot
Pai
23 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

[PC] TERA Online - Free to Play Feb. 3rd - Page 39 Empty Re: [PC] TERA Online - Free to Play Feb. 3rd

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 am

Rex wrote:Hey I'm thinking of making a new character. I'm feeling sorta cutthroat this week so what better than a throat slicing Warrior? My question is that does he have any thief-type skills like Stealth or Backstab? Or is Warrior more of a tank than thief DPS?

warriors do teleport to an enemy to back stab, but its really far from a thief, like pai said a warrior is more tank than dps ever since they added blocking mechnanic to it, still a lot of fun to play though, i love doing combos on a warrior, i only really played berserker and warrior, berserker does waaay more damage but the playstyle is boring after some time, basically pressing 1 button to kill all and block to absorb damage, a warrior can both dodge and block and requires multiple button presses to execute combos to do damage
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[PC] TERA Online - Free to Play Feb. 3rd - Page 39 Empty Re: [PC] TERA Online - Free to Play Feb. 3rd

Post by Rex Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 am

No thief gameplay at all? I like Tera a lot, but I may have to play another game as thief. It's still fun playing as Sorcerer, but I've been so busy lately and I wanted to try something new.
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 am

Rex wrote:No thief gameplay at all? I like Tera a lot, but I may have to play another game as thief. It's still fun playing as Sorcerer, but I've been so busy lately and I wanted to try something new.
WoW has rogues
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 am

Pai wrote:
Rex wrote:No thief gameplay at all? I like Tera a lot, but I may have to play another game as thief. It's still fun playing as Sorcerer, but I've been so busy lately and I wanted to try something new.
WoW has rogues

Pai, practically every other MMO has thieves so I'm suprised. I was looking at Guild Wars 2 as an alternative, but Tera is....well it has that style I like. I love Korean games LOL.
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 am

yeah warrior is probably the closest thing to a thief youre gonna get in tera, thief in gw2 is fucking overpowered as fuck, i hate them
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 am

Rex wrote:
Pai wrote:
WoW has rogues

Pai, practically every other MMO has thieves so I'm suprised. I was looking at Guild Wars 2 as an alternative, but Tera is....well it has that style I like. I love Korean games LOL.
I believe Blade and Soul will have an Assassin class.
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 am

I assume their are no rogue types just because of the gameplay. I mean thieves are a stick to the shadows type, where as this gameplay is very in your face quick reaction combo's and stuff
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 am

Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 am

i thought blade and soul is a korean only game, and the private servers you CAN play it on are shit and buggy as fuck
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 am

MikuHatsune wrote:i thought blade and soul is a korean only game, and the private servers you CAN play it on are shit and buggy as fuck

I thought it was actually being made for NA.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:03 am

MikuHatsune wrote:i thought blade and soul is a korean only game, and the private servers you CAN play it on are shit and buggy as fuck
NCSoft is bringing it to the US
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:08 am

Blade and Soul is a game I probably won't be purchasing. My computer won't be able to handle it, and I don't see myself in the foreseeable future having enough money for a rig.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 am

ive been waiting for the game years ago ever since they said they were making it for the ps3 and the north american audience, alas i see nothing, or heard anything of their development status
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 am

Pai wrote:

I would be lying through my teeth If I said that doesn't look good. But when do we get it?
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 am

Who knows...

I haven't heard much of anything about the development of the game outside of South Korea.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 am

what he said
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 am

I'm probably going to get on my MT character. See if I can't get to 20 tonight.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 am

Pai wrote:
NCSoft

Dead on arrival.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

One of the director's of it said 2014 is the US launch window for it
http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/04/blade-soul-art-director-reveals-release-window-for-english-server/
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

an optimist would hope it would be q1 2014 which would be sometime between 6-9 months from now <_< then theres the possibility that it will come out q4 of 2014 and thats way over a year lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:14 am

Sorc is a pretty nice class. The spell combo's are pretty powerful. Really just trying to level at this point.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 am

War wrote:Sorc is a pretty nice class. The spell combo's are pretty powerful. Really just trying to level at this point.

Use the spells wisely. Don't just use ice needle as dps, think of it as setting the monster up for being slowed down and then hit it with the correct range of dps, the fire arc skill at mid range, then fire pillar, then backstep or w/e. Also I learned how to use Time Gyre and combos together. Right now I have a glyph that allows me to cast Fire storm faster after freezing time on enemies. I can't one shot yet, but this game is more about combos, so the order and your strategy is important.

SO I feel like playing Tera to take my mind off things and it would be nice to play with you guys. I don't care about losing gold, what do I have to do to get to Mount Tyrannus and when will you guys be on?
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 am

I've leveled my new sorc to almost lvl 22 on MT. I lost gold a little under 1k, but I don't mind. I'm just kinda pushing forward. 

Your options are pay for the server transfer or just start a new character on MT and just work your way up. Took me maybe 2 days to get to 21 so it won't take long. Stay out of channel one. Avoid BAM's at early levels just because they are usually infested with PK'ers. That is my recommendation.

If you have steam you could probably get into contact with both Pai and I. We get on rather sporadically(when we feel like it, but Pai is usually willing to get on if I really need help with something as long as he is not busy).
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:43 am

Are you kidding? It took me forever just to get to 29 lol. I'll pay for the transfer. 

You guys gotta hear what just happened to me. So I'm in Vale of the Fangs in Poporia, looking for a party to fight Fimbrilisk BAMs. I see this guild party fighting some and ask 'can a sorc join'? They invite me to their party. Then I see they're all 3 or 4 levels higher. First they all disappear on me like ninjas at the same time. I'm like How did you guys go invisible? Am I going insane? Then they told me they just changed channels. Okay fair enough. Just when I get ready to fight the BAMs, the party leader summons us to the dungeon, Sinestral Manor. I decided screw it, I'll go with them. I got through the dungeon with the higher levels and my shitty mage gears. I didn't realize how hard it was till I got back outside on the field and I'm WAYYYYYY into unfamiliar vampire territory. So now I'm focusing on getting better gears for the inevitable next run of SM....lol.
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 am

Rex wrote:Are you kidding? It took me forever just to get to 29 lol. I'll pay for the transfer. 

You guys gotta hear what just happened to me. So I'm in Vale of the Fangs in Poporia, looking for a party to fight Fimbrilisk BAMs. I see this guild party fighting some and ask 'can a sorc join'? They invite me to their party. Then I see they're all 3 or 4 levels higher. First they all disappear on me like ninjas at the same time. I'm like How did you guys go invisible? Am I going insane? Then they told me they just changed channels. Okay fair enough. Just when I get ready to fight the BAMs, the party leader summons us to the dungeon, Sinestral Manor. I decided screw it, I'll go with them. I got through the dungeon with the higher levels and my shitty mage gears. I didn't realize how hard it was till I got back outside on the field and I'm WAYYYYYY into unfamiliar vampire territory. So now I'm focusing on getting better gears for the inevitable next run of SM....lol.

Really do you do all the quests?

Sinestral Manor is 26-30 you should be able to run that at lvl 29 shouldn't you? (I feel like I'm missing something)
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next