Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The USA comic thread!

5 posters

Go down

The USA comic thread! Empty The USA comic thread!

Post by TheCreator Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 am

Does anyone read comics? I read most from Marvel, the Batman and Green Lantern families from DC (among other things like Flash and JL), Invincible from Image, and i read Irredemable and Incorruptible till they ended.

If there are enough people that do read comics, it would be cool to have sub-forum so that we could discuss each title in a separate thread, though i doubt that many people actually read comics in here, lol.

EDIT: i made the thread in the wrong sub-forum, could someone move it over there, please?
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

The USA comic thread! Empty Re: The USA comic thread!

Post by CluelessNeko Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 am

I have a site where you can download them for legally.

Will you like i?
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am

Done and done.

Sorry about the first post being Unknown's, it basically counts as no post at all.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Neol Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 am

I've actually been meaning to get into American comics for awhile but it just seems so overwhelming with the multiple universes and such.

Anyway I've been meaning to start out by reading some Deadpool. So anyone have any suggestions where to start out?
Neol
Neol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 am

I've just now been getting into comics myself, I went on a Deadpool venture reading his comics for days on end, if not him then hulk, if not hulk then wolverine;I love my mutants, especially nightcrawler <3, and sometimes spiderman comics

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am

I get Venom comic book.
The six something part 2-4.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:35 am

I'd pretty much love any site i could download comics from, for free hahahaha. If you really do know a site, please tell me. In fact if you know some site like demonoid that used to host losts of really big packages of comics, please tell me too.

Nowadays most marvel titles (all of the avengers and x-men titles) are part of the Avengers VS X-Men event series and i would not recommend it for newbies. If you want to get on the marvel boat, you should start with House of M, then Civil War, then Dark Reign/Seige and from there i would recommend reading in wikis how the events from the following years affected the mavel universe. Of course you could just read all of it from the wikis and save A LOT of time, but House of M and Civil War are pretty cool stories.

If you are new to comics, i would suggest reading the classics:

- Batman: The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns, Year one, The Killing Joke, Dark Victory, etc.
- Watchmen
- Kingdom Come
(Not exactly a classic, but worth reading nevertheless): Y the last man.

If you want to read DC comics (though i would recommend marvel...) you can pretty much pick up any of the new 52 titles and wiki or ask what you don't understand. Right now the best choices would be the main batman titles and the green lantern ones.

So no one is actually following AvsX? What a letdown =(

EDIT: Neol, if you want to start reading Deadpool comics i would suggest starting from Cable & Deadpool, they are by far the best Deadpool comics written to date. Reading since the very first deadpool appearence it's kind of pointless because he gets pretty much re-invented everytime a new author gets his hands with him =(.

If you want to start reading Marvel Comics in General, i'd suggest you check the events i posted before. I'd also recommend trying to read one franchise (avengers, spiderman, x-men, etc) instead of reading them all. Avengers or X-men would be the best choices since they pretty much involve lots of different characters.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:51 am

I've read Y: The Last Man which was fucking awesome, also tried reading that Justice League reboot but got bored for some reason.
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Even though they are not exactly mainstream, i would highly recommend reading irredemable and incorruptible. Basically it's a story about "superman" going crazy and destroying humanity. It's very good.

Invincible from image it's a pretty good choice too.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 am

TheCreator wrote:I'd pretty much love any site i could download comics from, for free hahahaha. If you really do know a site, please tell me. In fact if you know some site like demonoid that used to host losts of really big packages of comics, please tell me too.

Nowadays most marvel titles (all of the avengers and x-men titles) are part of the Avengers VS X-Men event series and i would not recommend it for newbies. If you want to get on the marvel boat, you should start with House of M, then Civil War, then Dark Reign/Seige and from there i would recommend reading in wikis how the events from the following years affected the mavel universe. Of course you could just read all of it from the wikis and save A LOT of time, but House of M and Civil War are pretty cool stories.

If you are new to comics, i would suggest reading the classics:

- Batman: The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns, Year one, The Killing Joke, Dark Victory, etc.
- Watchmen
- Kingdom Come
(Not exactly a classic, but worth reading nevertheless): Y the last man.

If you want to read DC comics (though i would recommend marvel...) you can pretty much pick up any of the new 52 titles and wiki or ask what you don't understand. Right now the best choices would be the main batman titles and the green lantern ones.

So no one is actually following AvsX? What a letdown =(

EDIT: Neol, if you want to start reading Deadpool comics i would suggest starting from Cable & Deadpool, they are by far the best Deadpool comics written to date. Reading since the very first deadpool appearence it's kind of pointless because he gets pretty much re-invented everytime a new author gets his hands with him =(.

If you want to start reading Marvel Comics in General, i'd suggest you check the events i posted before. I'd also recommend trying to read one franchise (avengers, spiderman, x-men, etc) instead of reading them all. Avengers or X-men would be the best choices since they pretty much involve lots of different characters.

Enjoy
http://magazine3k.com/
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Seems new but it's pretty cool. They are making packages with DC's 52 every week, that totally awesome.

Thanks Depth =D.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down