Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

+17
FightingFurball
Neol
Saya
NoblePhantasm
Kana
Killaman16
Revy
ZappaBappa
MikuHatsune
Albatross
LastBlues
FullArmageddon
Wing
CluelessNeko
Destructo
rederoin
TopgunUK
21 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 13 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:25 am

Destructo wrote:first time in a while that Saki was hhhnnng...but she had to walk in shit to get to that point.

Grossed out Saki is moe as fuck.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 13 Empty Re: [Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World)

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:09 am

thx, guano
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Nooo Saki! Why did you throw the Minoshiro away? ;_;
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:55 pm

and just like that their plan..............went in flames Adur

Spoiler:
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 pm

My prediction that everyone but saki was going to die went up in flames
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Fuckin episode endin cliffhangin bullshittin guano smearin waaaahhhhhhh

Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 am

Wow, that ending was beautiful.

Spoiler:
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:20 am

Yeah, I thought they really nailed the ending.

Poor Squealer, no one can deny that his cause was just, and he really didn't have any practical alternative to using the unsavoury methods that he did.

Apparently it was a whole month before Saki was able to put him out of his misery.

Kiroumaru managed to ensure the safety of his colony at least (though Saki clearly spares as many as she can regardless), I'm glad that he was shown in the previous episode to have held similar intentions to Squealer in the past because I'd actually think less of him if he hadn't considered rebelling. The humans are lucky that Kiroumaru was so loyal to his queen and the old ways since that's probably the only issue that divided he and Squealer, if he'd been in on Squealer's plan and the Giant Hornet Colony's army wasn't annihilated the humans would've had to contend with an army twice the size and filled with Kiroumaru's more skilled veterans.

Ends on a hopeful note though, Saki and Satoru got their happy end at least and they're finally in a position of power from which they can try and improve their fucked up society.

I really enjoyed the show, definitely had the potential to be better and the execution was woefully inconsistent ranging from great to yamaushit, also it didn't have the time nor the budget it needed to truly do the story's content full justice, but for me the strength of the material shone through anyway and held it together even through Yamauchi's bad trip episodes.

I'm glad Game of Thrones is returning imminently because I'd have really missed having this show to look forward to every week.

Will read the novel the instant it gets a full english translation (fingers crossed).
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:25 am

They were gonna name their child either Shun or Maria depending on the gender.

No love for Mamoru, lol. Poor guy.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:34 am

Yeah there are a lot of details like that that had to be cut throughout, even with 25 episodes the show didn't have enough time to show everything.

And it's cool that they actually changed Maria's child's gender for the show (reflected in the subs in this episode, whereas before they referred to her as a him since that's how it was in the novel), for once all the people crying that a character was too cute to not be a girl were given what they wanted lol.

And it also helps with Saki's associating her with Maria if she's the same gender, since noone cares about Mamoru, fuck that guy.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 am

Gotta love how Satoru didn't spill the beans about the queerats until now.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 am

Not important, gotta knock up Saki first.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 am

Destructo wrote:Gotta love how Satoru didn't spill the beans about the queerats until now.

He couldn't have been sitting on the information for that long since he found out after Squealer's trial and before Saki mercy killed Squealer.

TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 am

What I meant to say was that I couldn't believe that the last tidbit of information on the queerats being humans was saved until the end. But whatever. It gives me something to think about after the end.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:57 am

It stings more when you reveal it properly after they've lost the war and after the humans in the court room laughed off Squealer's "We're Human" comment.

Irritatingly I got spoiled on that a while ago, wasn't sure if it was a legit spoiler at the time though.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 am

STOP IT HE FUCKED UP MARIA AND Mamoru I DON'T WANT TO FEEL BAD FOR HIM AS MUCH AS I SHOULD STOOOOOP
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 am

omg i want a tainted "kitty" cat :3

[Anime]Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) - Page 13 1488923-85XM6W9

man i sort of felt bad for squealer, and man that DNA shiet.....definitely a tweest, didnt see that coming

also, HA! called it from the beginning, i knew it would be those two that would end up together, and here people thought he was gonna die early, see see theres a reason why shun and mamoru were in the back so far away from everyone else! the poster definitely foreshadowed the fate of the characters in order of distance

TopgunUK wrote:
if he'd been in on Squealer's plan and the Giant Hornet Colony's army wasn't annihilated the humans would've had to contend with an army twice the size and filled with Kiroumaru's more skilled veterans.

im gonna assume kiroumaru's army was defeated because maria's child only stopped rifle fire and blocked arrows if she reacted to death feedback from killing them....all this time i thought their whole army was wiped out in one fell swoop
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:06 am

At first it seemed as though Maria's child had obliterated Kiroumaru's army himself but when Kiroumaru explains how he escaped he mentions how the "fiend" only disarmed his men, who then fought tooth and claw unarmed against Squealer's well-equipped army.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 am

Ah yeah that's right, that should've been a hint hint for me but I don't like to speculate too hard otherwise I get disappointed for being right
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

MikuHatsune wrote: and man that DNA shiet.....definitely a tweest, didnt see that coming
I mentioned it before and you laughed at me! In your fucking face!
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Unfortunately, Socio-political Struggles of Rats: The Anime, did nothing for me. Boredom is the word of the day, and it carried me through the entire show's run with two brief exceptions: first half of episode 4, and episode 12. The discovery of PK, the Boy A incident and the pandemonium that followed, the division between the populace, the rise and fall of kingdoms, all seem infinitely more interesting and worthwhile than the show proper.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 am

Revy wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote: and man that DNA shiet.....definitely a tweest, didnt see that coming

i dont recall that....*looks back* god mother fucking dammit, you fukin Hawaiians and your voodoo magic shit Anf

in my defense, you said you were probably way off, so nope doesnt count Asmile

Last edited by MikuHatsune on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:42 am

And the queerats were still spared what stupid thing to do.
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:05 am

MikuHatsune wrote:
Revy wrote:

i dont recall that....*looks back* god mother fucking dammit, you fukin Hawaiians and your voodoo magic shit Anf

in my defense, you said you were probably way off, so nope doesnt count Asmile

I'd been spoiled on /a/ already and then also saw it on MAL when he said that, so I just figured he saw it on MAL.

I wasn't sure if it was true though, so many fake spoilers going around, I once speculated a hypothetical about Maria and Mamoru on /a/ which I knew wasn't true and a few days later people were spreading it saying it was said by a novelfag.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 am

so revy's Hawaiian voodoo magic is fake, REVY IS A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY!
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next