Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Visual Novel Are You Currently Reading/Playing?

+6
2-D
Blicer
JanaffStache
TopgunUK
Wing
FullArmageddon
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Visual Novel Are You Currently Reading/Playing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Visual Novel Are You Currently Reading/Playing?

Post by TopgunUK Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 pm

You made it through the Lacrosse arc.

Wear that as a badge of honour.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

What Visual Novel Are You Currently Reading/Playing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Visual Novel Are You Currently Reading/Playing?

Post by Wing Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:43 am

TopgunUK wrote:You made it through the Lacrosse arc.

Wear that as a badge of honour.
It won't take away the pain. Unlimited/Alternative should help relieve it though.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:35 pm

I didn't think the Lacrosse stuff was particularly awful just uninteresting.

Still playing through Muv-Luv Ultimate - I know this is an eroge but aren't the pilot suits a bit of an overkill? at least they don't seem to be flesh coloured/transparent in Alternative.
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Yeah, the Fortified suits are irritating.

Especially in that colour.

TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 am

Finished Muv-Luv Ultimate - certainly more serious than Extra although still retaining some of its silliness. It was pretty good overall, somewhat felt a bit shorter but that's most likely because I enjoyed it more than Extra.

p.s. Sumika was not missed in the least.

Now on the main event...
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 am

saintcross wrote:Finished Muv-Luv Unlimited - certainly more serious than Extra although still retaining some of its silliness. It was pretty good overall, somewhat felt a bit shorter but that's most likely because I enjoyed it more than Extra.
It is shorter than Extra; that wasn't your imagination.

saintcross wrote:p.s. Sumika was not missed in the least.
How can you say that?! D:

saintcross wrote:Now on the main event...
Enjoy~
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 am

When I saw him say that he thought Meiya's felt like the true route in Extra I knew he'd think that about Sumika's absence in Unlimited.

Sumika has a pretty vocal hatebase.

I hope he enjoys the amazing engrish in the intro.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
I hope he enjoys the amazing engrish in the intro.
"Your image is a shit of static."

That was literally the greatest opening sequence of all time.
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 am

Muv-Luv Infodump - just finished the coup d-etat part.

Can't find any walkthrough for this game D: ... but apparently this only has a single ending? I guess the choices doesn't really matter?

Also, I'd be totally fine if this game consisted of Wakamoto Norio making a speech for 60 hours Akawaii 
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah, with Alternative you're pretty much just strapped in for the ride, any choices are superficial.

One route.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:25 am

You still have a long way to go. Enjoy~

infodumpis2true
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Muv-Luv Alternative... I hate this game now

Spoiler:

Edit:

1 hour lecture on the history of TSFs and all I learned was they have bombs in their penis.

Edit:

Random theory:
Spoiler:

Edit:

^ Well that was pretty off base haha

Last edited by saintcross on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Muv Luv Alternative
Spoiler:
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 am

A bit of both seems appropriate.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Those negative feels.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Finished Muv-Luv Alternative - Well that was quite the experience.

Despite having somewhat of an unoriginal premise, its a very well written and it was amazing to see how certain aspects connected to each other, eliminating most, if not all plotholes that could be presented. The start was kind of boring since it was basically the entirety of Unlimited once again with some varying differences and the infodumping can sometimes be jarring but once the plot picks up it pretty much doesn't stop beating down your emotions with some genuinely shocking and disturbing twists.  

Although, the series main strength is the characters and their development. It was great to see the main character starting off as your typical whiny, dense and indecisive harem protagonist developing into a  heroic soldier with a hardened resolve.  The heroines were also for the most part plenty likable with master troll, Ayamine obviously being the best girl and pseudo tsundere, nagging extraordinaire, Class Rep being the worst dealwithit.jpg but honestly it was hard to really hate any of them after spending around 70-80 hours going through the entire trilogy, you pretty much get attached to them.

Spoiler:

All in all, a superb visual novel, certainly the best one I've read/played so far.

Spoiler:
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Finished Yume Miru Kusuri -Aeka's route brought me insurmountable rage but it was somewhat alleviated by that very cathartic scene near the end concerning Nanjou/Antoinette. Aside from Aeka's route though the other two routes were pretty weak in comparison, especially Mizuki's, her reasoning pretty much just felt pretentious.

Although, I did like how the heroines had pretty much zero interactions with each other, it helped make their stories actually feel like separate entities.
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 am

Finished Saya no Uta - it was pretty decent, despite being predictable. It was interesting to see Fuminori's descent to madness even though I honestly was not rooting for him and Saya at all during the entirety of the story. The music and a lot of it's technical aspects were also pretty superb.
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am

saintcross wrote:Finished Muv-Luv Alternative - Well that was quite the experience.

Despite having somewhat of an unoriginal premise, its a very well written and it was amazing to see how certain aspects connected to each other, eliminating most, if not all plotholes that could be presented. The start was kind of boring since it was basically the entirety of Unlimited once again with some varying differences and the infodumping can sometimes be jarring but once the plot picks up it pretty much doesn't stop beating down your emotions with some genuinely shocking and disturbing twists.  

Although, the series main strength is the characters and their development. It was great to see the main character starting off as your typical whiny, dense and indecisive harem protagonist developing into a  heroic soldier with a hardened resolve.  The heroines were also for the most part plenty likable with master troll, Ayamine obviously being the best girl and pseudo tsundere, nagging extraordinaire, Class Rep being the worst dealwithit.jpg but honestly it was hard to really hate any of them after spending around 70-80 hours going through the entire trilogy, you pretty much get attached to them.

Spoiler:

All in all, a superb visual novel, certainly the best one I've read/played so far.

Spoiler:
tl;dr - MLA is tits. Read it.

saintcross wrote:Finished Yume Miru Kusuri -Aeka's route brought me insurmountable rage but it was somewhat alleviated by that very cathartic scene near the end concerning Nanjou/Antoinette. Aside from Aeka's route though the other two routes were pretty weak in comparison, especially Mizuki's, her reasoning pretty much just felt pretentious.

Although, I did like how the heroines had pretty much zero interactions with each other, it helped make their stories actually feel like separate entities.
YMK was the first VN I read. FA recommended it as an introduction when I expressed interest in them. It's only above average in a few spots and some of the music and art is pretty nice. After a bit of looking back, it felt like it was a little incomplete. Like there was a missing "true" route or something. I'm probably just paranoid.

Also, it has a nekomimi heroine that snorts cocaine and thinks she's a fairy. It's worth reading for that, at the very least.

saintcross wrote:Finished Saya no Uta - it was pretty decent, despite being predictable. It was interesting to see Fuminori's descent to madness even though I honestly was not rooting for him and Saya at all during the entirety of the story. The music and a lot of it's technical aspects were also pretty superb.
I wouldn't say I rooted for them, but I certainly empathized. That made it more difficult for me to criticize them. It was a little predictable but it was executed really well.

I finally have a few days to relax so I'm gonna start the final route on F/SN. Only took me like two weeks to do so.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 am

Finished Swan Song I feel like the more I analyze this and think about the general premise the more I dislike it. It's was pretty slow at points and it basically plays out like a lot of major disaster/calamity stories not to mention, the protagonist were basically walking stereotypes, even when the game focused on their thoughts and inner monologues it didn't add much depth to their personalities.  I also didn't get the point of having a mentally disabled character, she was basically just there, she was never really the focus nor did she really add anything to the plot.

Also,
Spoiler:

Last edited by saintcross on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 pm

saintcross wrote:Finished Swan Song I feel like the more I analyze this and think about the general premise the more I dislike it. It's was pretty slow at points and it basically plays out like a lot of major disaster/calamity stories not to mention, the protagonist were basically walking stereotypes, even when the game focused on their thoughts and inner monologues it didn't add much depth to their personalities.  I also didn't get the point of having a mentally disabled character, she was basically just there, she was never really the focus nor did she really add anything to the plot.

Also,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It did seem like it was going to be a lot better, and 2D said it was his favourite at the time so I was expecting more.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:08 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe that's why it's his favourite.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2