Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

+30
FullArmageddon
Hollow
TranClan67
Kevinthewiseone
Rex
ZoomTranquilty
Plue
Albatross
Wing
NinjagoonAF
-Solid
EchoesTranquility
2-D
NoblePhantasm
Kyu
Nanamix
Biokinetica
Keck282
Zuly
ASecondChance
TopgunUK
PT-Desu
Revy
MikuHatsune
GhostCell
Destructo
LastBlues
Killaman16
IeptBarakat
BrandonBandicoot
34 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 18 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

Post by FullArmageddon Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am

Well, I'm back from our cabin. Pretty much spent the whole weekend shooting stuff... and making magical fires.

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 18 IMAG0049 /g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 18 IMAG0045

FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 18 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

Post by IeptBarakat Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:06 pm

The brightest flames burn the quickest.

The most colorful...well I don't have a clue.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 pm

them some purtty colors
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Take a copper pipe about a foot long, drill some holes in it, cut some cheap garden hose and stick it in the pipe, throw it in the fire and you get colorful flames.

You can see the pipe in the pictures, more so in the second pic.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

FullArmageddon wrote:Take a copper pipe about a foot long, drill some holes in it, cut some cheap garden hose and stick it in the pipe, throw it in the fire and you get colorful flames.

And a recipe for future health problems.

Snoozing. dead
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

i too shall retire, night mang
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

......and start the party.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

KBBQ is awesome and so is legit boba.

I feel pleasant from all the good food today, but I am perplexed by an article a friend of mine wrote. It is full of so many errors that it is making my head spin (it was published too). Christ editors need to either do their job, or the site needs to just hire some to catch glaring errors.

Edit: He had his work looked over by an editor... Awat
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TranClan67 Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Keck282 wrote:KBBQ is awesome and so is legit boba.

I feel pleasant from all the good food today, but I am perplexed by an article a friend of mine wrote. It is full of so many errors that it is making my head spin (it was published too). Christ editors need to either do their job, or the site needs to just hire some to catch glaring errors.

Edit: He had his work looked over by an editor... Awat
Some people don't get how to write.

And how'd I miss Zuly's purging of the moe? I wanted to go against her :(
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm

IeptBarakat wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
LastBlues wrote:this is the end~

No, this is just the beginning..

[flash(854,480)]https://www.youtube.com/v/HHcHYisZFLU?hd=1[flash]

In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.

*yawn*...

Anf

Could be worse, it could purposely have a bad ending to get people talking.
The ME3 ending people are starting to get annoying. Just get over it.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TranClan67 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Biokinetica wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
LastBlues wrote:this is the end~

No, this is just the beginning..

[flash(854,480)]https://www.youtube.com/v/HHcHYisZFLU?hd=1[flash]

In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.

*yawn*...

Anf

Could be worse, it could purposely have a bad ending to get people talking.
The ME3 ending people are starting to get annoying. Just get over it.
NEVAR!!!! ;_;
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:12 pm

goddamn it I still haven't played it yet stop talking about it!
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Neither have I...

"Spoilers" shouldn't ruin it for you. Story-heavy games are about the journey, not the destination.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Revy wrote:Whos Henrietta?

And fuck you Brandon.

I want to say Gunslinger Girl because that name sounds familiar, but I've only seen three episodes of that.

And how does nobody notice a limbless, burnt, one-eyed, pink haired child slowly limp...crawl....maneuver into a dark alleyway and bleed out? I'm less sad because now it kinda feels off.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm

He's definitely on to something. The idea of a no-kickstarter clause is especially disturbing.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Biokinetica wrote:Neither have I...

"Spoilers" shouldn't ruin it for you. Story-heavy games are about the journey, not the destination.

A shame then that the journey is also severely stunted in comparison to Mass Effect 2.

TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

TopgunUK wrote:

A shame then that the journey is also severely stunted in comparison to Mass Effect 2.

ME2 was all about recruiting the team; how can that be better than actually solving the galaxy's problems? Mass Effect 2 had more observation of its problems than solving any of them. It did a much better job in terms of the characters (even mission-contextual minor ones like Sidonis), but in terms of leaving an imprint on the galaxy, I think ME 1 & 3 are better.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Mass Effect 1 has always been the best. Aside from some inventory flaws and the cutscene cinematography not being as strong as the sequels.

I actually enjoyed the mako.

Also. Am I kawaii yet?

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 18 Hnsvm
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 pm

oh gawd what?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Biokinetica wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

ME2 was all about recruiting the team; how can that be better than actually solving the galaxy's problems? Mass Effect 2 had more about observation of it's problems than solving any of them. It did a much better job in terms of the characters (even mission-contextual minor ones like Sidonis), but in terms of leaving an imprint on the galaxy, I think ME 1 & 3 are better.

Obviously a galactic war is going to make a bigger imprint on the universe.

How does that make the journey better?

Mass Effect 2 had three distinct hub worlds, a bunch of well crafted recruitment quests for each squad member, then a well crafted loyalty quest for each, most taking place in their own unique setting.

Then, unlike ME1's bland uncharted worlds with copy pasted interiors they had a set of unique locations and scenarios for side missions.

And within the hub worlds there were plenty of side quests.

ME3 has one hub world, most of the side quests listed in the game found there amount to overhearing someone talk about something they need, scanning planets on the galaxy map, launching a probe, then talking to said person again next time you're on the Citadel.

So you've got the Priority missions, which almost invariably take place on settings under siege by either the Reapers or Cerberus, or both, which ends up making them seem less like fleshed out worlds and more like a new skybox to see giant squids blowing shit up in.

You sometimes have a secondary location to check out, but these are usually just the multiplayer scenarios.

The thing I love about Mass Effect is the universe, and the thing I was looking most forward to was learning more about it.

But Mass Effect 3 has an almost relentless focus on tearing that universe apart, and that's before you even get to the ending.

Hmm, sure would like to have Earth as a hub world in ME3..

TOO BAD THE REAPERS DUN FUCKED IT ALL UP

Hmm, sure would be interesting to go to explore the Batarian Hegemony in ME3..

TOO BAD YOU LEARN IT'S ALREADY FUCKING GONE, THE REAPERS DUN FUCKED THAT UP TOO

Oh well, never mind, we still have yet to visit a Hanar, Elcor or Volus world, I'm sure there's all kinds of interesting stuff we co-

NAW, FUCK THAT, WE'RE SIDELINING ALL THAT SHIT TO MAKE ROOM FOR MORE REAPER FILLED SKYBOXES
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Sounds like call of duty.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

ME2 was all about recruiting the team; how can that be better than actually solving the galaxy's problems? Mass Effect 2 had more about observation of it's problems than solving any of them. It did a much better job in terms of the characters (even mission-contextual minor ones like Sidonis), but in terms of leaving an imprint on the galaxy, I think ME 1 & 3 are better.

Obviously a galactic war is going to make a bigger imprint on the universe.

How does that make the journey better?
Because that's what Mass Effect was about. If it wasn't, it'd be another game. I see the bland worlds that were there more of a realism thing; there's no shortage of dull, uninteresting terrain in space, so I didn't see a much of a problem with it. There's also the size-on-disk issue. The pre-fab facilities were also more true to how a mega-corp would go about expanding to other worlds. What NASA is currently trying to design is a ready-made lab that will be launched to Mars and set up itself autonomously. That work is likely the inspiration behind private companies taking one design that can fill multiple roles and using it everywhere. Homogeneity is a design theme that comes up in sci-fi all the time, but only ever seems to be a big deal in cyberpunk. Here, I wasn't surprised when half the labs dropped from orbit were the same model. We already do this on earth.

As for the Reapers being everywhere and destroying everything...what did you expect? We knew this was going to happen from the beginning, and was the whole plot.

Last edited by Biokinetica on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm

so how about those BT-16s?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TranClan67 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:31 pm

ME1 was the best in terms overall. ME3 was more emotionally impacting only because of the journey you started from ME2. Let's face it, ME1 didn't have that much on the emotions in ME3.

Mordin...
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Wrex and Garrus were pretty much all the emotions you needed.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next