Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most scariest game you've ever played?

+16
Destructo
Dolorous-
Blicer
LastBlues
Killaman16
MikuHatsune
Efrye
IeptBarakat
Anti-Enix
Hollow
Zuly
Albatross
Rex
RavenDW
BrandonBandicoot
ZoomTranquilty
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? Empty What is the most scariest game you've ever played?

Post by ZoomTranquilty Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 pm

For any system or on PC.

I don't know what it is, but I find that PS1 and old PC graphics enhance the fright factor of a horror game.

I've lost so much sleep playing this game:

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? System-shock-2

Especially listening to these voices.
ZoomTranquilty
ZoomTranquilty

Back to top Go down

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? Empty Re: What is the most scariest game you've ever played?

Post by BrandonBandicoot Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Uhhh...

The "Mansion of Madness" from Timesplitters Future Perfect.

...I don't play horror gaems.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? Empty Re: What is the most scariest game you've ever played?

Post by ZoomTranquilty Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm

BrandonBandicoot wrote:Uhhh...

The "Mansion of Madness" from Timesplitters Future Perfect.

...I don't play horror gaems.

Timesspliters.... FUTURE PERFECT?

You're like my favorite guy, now. Me and my bro would make the dumbest and most unplayable maps and put RC cats and cars in every one of 'em. Then when our friends came over, we'd play till 2 in the morning. Good fun.

You should play horror games, they're fun every once in a while.
ZoomTranquilty
ZoomTranquilty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 pm

I guess Dead Island kind of counts.

It wasn't really scary most of the time, but the atmosphere and sound made it actually scare you when it tried to.

..that fucking thug in the pool bathroom area with all the guts and shit...

Last edited by BrandonBandicoot on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 am

F.E.A.R. I don't play horror/fright games usually, so my experience is limited. FEAR did a great job of being creepy as well as providing some jump scares. I also always felt on edge from a gameplay standpoint, like I was almost never at full health and I always felt like I was having to be careful with my ammo.

Its sequel ballsed up everything though.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 am

Oh yeah, I played F.EA.R. and F.E.A.R. 2 as well.

Didn't finish them yet (I'm a pussy)
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:Oh yeah, I played F.EA.R. and F.E.A.R. 2 as well.

Didn't finish them yet (I'm a pussy)

FEAR 2 just has gore, jumps scares and a messed up ending. The tension is gone, especially since you're not playing as Point Man and his replacement Beckett isn't silent. You don't feel alone and vulnerable as you can God mode pretty much the whole game with whatever weapon the enemy is using.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:38 am

Beckett talked?

I mean he did in 3...but we don't talk about 3.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDW Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:Beckett talked?

I mean he did in 3...but we don't talk about 3.
I didn't play 3. I'm sure he talked in 2. Eh, either way there was always somebody on the radio and it was a lot more common than in 1.
RavenDW
RavenDW

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:26 am

RavenDW wrote:F.E.A.R. I don't play horror/fright games usually, so my experience is limited. FEAR did a great job of being creepy as well as providing some jump scares. I also always felt on edge from a gameplay standpoint, like I was almost never at full health and I always felt like I was having to be careful with my ammo.

Its sequel ballsed up everything though.

F.E.A.R. is a great game, but I'm gonna have to go with Silent Hill 2.

Last edited by Rex on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 am

Amnesia legitimately scares me, I found it very hard to continue that game some days.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuly Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 am

This shit terrified me. I still can't manage to go back and play it.

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? Jbl2NXXaOv6SaT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, don't we have a Games section? :/
Zuly
Zuly
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.zulygd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Silent Hill 2.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anti-Enix Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47 am

Scariest game that I actually played and beat would probably have to be Dead Space.
Anti-Enix
Anti-Enix

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am

That person just called Dead Space scary.

What is the most scariest game you've ever played? D9zcg
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Efrye Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Hm, I see nothing wrong with calling Dead Space scary. It might not be the same kind of scary as Silent Hill and such, but scary nonetheless.

Either way, for me it's probably Project Zero, aka Fatal Frame in the US.
Efrye
Efrye

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 pm

dead space was sort of scary, but it was more because that it made you jump every so often from random aliens bursting from every nook and cranny also cause you have all these weapons in your arsenal that it lacks that main ingredient that constitutes such a scary game, and that ingredient is that central aspect of making your character weak or defenseless or if you do have a weapon such as a gun you have limited ammo and that every bullet is precious, a scary game in which you think twice about playing it again, a scary game that makes you sweat and scream like a little girl because your character might as well be as defenseless as a little girl against what the game throws at you. That is a scary game.

That being said, even just watching playthroughs of fatal frame or even amnesia, they make you freak out
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Efrye Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

On a personal level, I definitely agree that Fatal Frame was much more scary than Dead Space could ever hope to be. But it varies from person to person. Some are not impressed by stuff like Fatal Frame at all and instead respond much more to the gore and brutality of Dead Space. Just like different people have a different sense of humor, they apparently also have a different... err... sense of scary.
Efrye
Efrye

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Dead Space is more of lighswitch terror and a thirdperson shooter.

Games like Penumbra, Amnesia, and Silent hill 2. Those are terrifying.

Also the hl1 mods Afraid of monsters: Director's Cut and Cry of Fear.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 pm

For scariest game I've played...........you guys are gonna laugh at this one but I'd have to say the Resistance games (mainly 1 and 3). 1 had the atmosphere that helped add to the fear since the chimera were still a new enemy and you don't know jackshit about what they are. Also the gray jacks were pretty nopetier since they charge SUPER FAST at you and the menials jump at you and take up the full screen. 2 was less scary than 1 but the one part where you're in Chicago going through the hotel and it's dark as shit and it's crawling grims....man that was creepy. And for 3, they seriously amped up the grims fear factor especially in the abandoned town level where some of them are still in their cocoons and you don't even hear them come out. One minute you think you're fine but then you turn around and bam you're surrounded.

The Resistance aren't necessarily scary but the atmosphere they set up in each entry (except for 2) really add to the creepiness of those games. Other picks for scariest game I've played would be Dead Space and F.E.A.R. but everyone has already said those.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 am

hmm kinda reminds me of red faction armageddon since most of your enemies are buglike aliens that jump from wall to wall, and come out from the woodwork or in this case rockwork lololl, theres even one that goes invisible and teleports so you doint really know where they are, but they were more annoying to me, though i occasionally get the occasional "jump" from time to time, but it just pisses me off more

the really scary games are the ones that are like if they get close to you, you cant do shit, and you die in 1 or a couple hits, not 50 hits or whatever, it just pisses me off if i get hit lose a couple hp and know that i can bring the pain right back at them with an arsenal of weapons and at the end of the day i mock those who dare touch me
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am

hmm...when I was really young seeing psycho iori from king of the fighter 97 scared the hell out of me.

then seeing Leon's head getting chopped off with the chain saw froze me.

but either than that i think original silent hill took the cake. Startle me every time that radio went off.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blicer Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:02 am

I don't scare easy really but Rule of Rose was disturbing and uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ydSnXxpEg&feature=related
Blicer
Blicer

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 am

lol did she die....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blicer Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am

If only she was so lucky
Blicer
Blicer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next