Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you play my game?

+3
NoblePhantasm
LastBlues
NinjagoonAF
7 posters

Go down

Would you play this?

Would you play my game? Voting11100%Would you play my game? Voting12 100% 
[ 2 ]
Would you play my game? Voting110%Would you play my game? Voting12 0% 
[ 0 ]
Would you play my game? Voting110%Would you play my game? Voting12 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Would you play my game? Empty Would you play my game?

Post by NinjagoonAF Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey guys, as some of you know, I'm currently studying game art and design in hopes of becoming a game designer. I have a few ideas but before I flesh this out completely I wanna know if the game is attractive enough.
OK here it goes...

Gameplay:
This game is half fighting game (multiplayer), half action adventure/hack-n-slash (story mode). The fighting game portion will be a classic 2-D fighter w/ a 4 button control scheme (Kinda like MK9, BB, UMvC3) . The Story mode will be something like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. The thing about the Story mode is that instead of having different weapons, you have different characters that you can switch out of on the fly. This mechanic allows you to switch out when your health is low. There are no healing items. No extra lives. You have your seven characters with fixed health. The only thing you can do to prolong your life, is block, dodge, risk a healing spell (because theres a chance it can hurt you), or switch out. There is a morality system. Insead of it being completely the choices will get harder and harderas you go on (Ex. A family is about to get executed for something they claim they didnt do, the husband calls out for your help. Do you stop the execution?, do you do the execution yourself?, do you go go ape shit and kill everyone? or do you ignore his pleas for help? This morality system also determines how hard the last few bosses are. There is a RPG like element that allows you to level up your character and find different weapons.

Setting
The game takes place in a apocalyptic future.

Lore
The Apocalypse has started. the War of Armageddon has reached Earth. The world's religious leaders all had their idea of God...they were only kindof right. God isnt a person but a title. Given to the greatest angel in all of Heaven. Ever since Lucifer was rejected the title he went to form his own dimension called Hell. Ina act of rage he created to be the exact opposite Heaven. He now plans to start a war to that will span across countless galaxies and Billions of years. This war has finally reach the same realm of Earth. But mankind is not without allies. Many angels agreed to help out humans but many of the humans' minds have been corrupted by evil, only a handful of the human population is capable of handling angelic powers...

Characters:
There are 7 playable characters. each character represents one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues. Each character also has control over a element.

The Knight
-Age 24
-represents Humility
-Weapon: Claymore (Sword)
- Bio: He was only 10 when Armageddon started. In the next 14 years, he would become one of the best swordsmen in the New Templar Army. He is currently travelling to recruit his future comrades (aka everybody else)

The Ninja
- Age 21
-represents Patience
-Weapon: Wakizashi
- Bio: He comes from a clan that hunted spiritual creatures so killing demons are second nature to him. But is he willing to leave his village to follow a stranger, let alone a guy saying he recieved a mission from this God he knows nothing about...

The Samurai (male) and The Priestess (female)
- Ages: 19
-represents Diligence and Kindness
-Weapons: Katana, Naginata
- Bio: Twins that were raised as cursed children ever since they were little, they only trust each other. The sister is the calmer more friendly one while the brother is the hot-headed, wild one. Being twins the brother is often mistaken as the sister. The only difference in appearance is that the brother has these scares all over his chest and back...

The Wanderer
- represents Chastity
- Weapons: none
- Bio: when she was a baby her parents abandoned her on the streets. A old couple found her and raised her as their own. The old man was a martial artist and taught the young girl about all the fighting styles he knew. But one day a large demon herd attacked their little village killing the old man and woman. But before she was struck down she was saved by a young Knight. She decides to follow him but what she doesn't know is that she plays a bigger role in this than she ever realized... Despite being this age, she still has this child like aura about her.

The Shaman
- Age 30
- represents Temperance
- Weapon: Spear
- Bio: Once the prince of great tribe, He became a shaman after demons attacked and killed off most of his people. He now guards what is left of the tribe using advice from the spirits of his fallen members but lately there have been these weird winged beings trying to tell him something but he cant quite understand...

The Bandit
- Age 20
- represents Charity
- Weapon: 2x Pistols
- Bio: Coming from a family of mobsters, she was used to seeing guns and using them. But as she got older she started to second guess her families business practice and she started to give some of her families dirty money to poor children. But what she didnt was that her Father's boss didnt like that he was losing money. While she was at school her entire family was murdered. Police reports say that the murders couldn't have been done by humans...As revenge for the murders, she now wanders the city as a modern day Robin Hood...kinda. Her targets: Anyone who selfishly hold on to their money.

Villains
Each set of villains are different

The Vices
- The vices are based on classic monsters

Pride
- Race: Vampire
- Weapon: Rapier

Wrath
- Race: Werewolf
- Weapon: None

Lust
- Race: Succubus/Incubus

Greed
- Race: Leprechaun
- Weapon: Gold coins

Envy
- Race: Ghost-Zombie
- Weapon: Twin Pistols

Sloth
- Race: Fairy

Gluttony
- Race: Golem
- Weapon: Warhammer

The Pillars
These enemies are based on the demons listed in the Ars Goetia. Please click the link if you you wanna learn more about it.

The Horsemen
The 4 riders of the Apocalypse will also make appearance as special bosses. They are a natural occurrence that automatically accompanies the Apocalypse. They are pretty much the Akuma's and Sephiroth's of the game.

War
- Master of all weapons, fighting styles, battle tactics. All he cares about is the fight.

Pestilence
- She enjoys watching others suffer a slow death. Just being around her causes others to become ill. There is no escape.

Death
- One touch, and its all over...

Famine
- The youngest appearance wise, he can suck the very life out of anything. Living nothing but a shell...

The King
- Total badass ( Azrael x Spiral King x Glados x Algol x 1,000)

Last edited by NinjagoonAF on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : that place with all the mosquitoes and alligators and seafood and Jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjamonkey46?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Would you play my game? Empty Re: Would you play my game?

Post by LastBlues Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 pm

I will be brutally honest since you are my friend and when it comes to critique of your career it should be helpful advice no sugar coating praises. I mean no hate in these but just pointing out things brah.

I don't really buy the idea of the "half of it is a 2D fighter" and "half of it is a 3D action game".

I get the fighting part, a 2D fighter yeah w/e. What's the "story mode" suppose to be? You compared the "story mode" part with Ninja gaiden and Devil may cry. Sounds like you are making 2 different kinds of games to me.

In single player you play a 3D action adventure but in multi player you're playing a traditional 2D fighter? To me the 2D fighter part sounds like a gimmick like Castlevania Judgement tried to be (a fighting game based off on an action game)

I like the ideas of the 7 virtues. Only gripe I have it with is some of the class decisions doesn't really match up with their virtue, mainly "the wanderer" being "chastity". How does a wanderer = someone representing love? maybe you'll develop it more through the story idk. First impressions.

I'll hold on the other comments about the plot when you finish posting.

Also swapping characters on the fly has been done before by other games, pitch more on the details of the mechanics or else people are gonna think it's warriors orochi or genji. Or even Marvel ultimate alliance for that matter.

LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:44 pm

I dunno, I like that the chastity girl has no weapon.

I SHALL FIGHT BY NOT HAVING SEX WITH YOU!

EDIT: The way you put it, you mean to say that the only characters available for the 2D fighting part are the same 7? You could go the easy route and pit them against the 7 Vices. Makes for a neat number and it keeps the theme going. Mayhaps it's what you were going to bring up in your "To be continued...", but hey.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't play characters, settings, lore etc.
Tell me how exactly it plays, how the levels are structured, what are the main mechanics that will differentiate your game from others.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am

I don't think the mp needs to be a 2D fighter. Everything sounds pretty decent, though.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 am

LastBlues wrote:I will be brutally honest since you are my friend and when it comes to critique of your career it should be helpful advice no sugar coating praises. I mean no hate in these but just pointing out things brah.

I don't really buy the idea of the "half of it is a 2D fighter" and "half of it is a 3D action game".

I get the fighting part, a 2D fighter yeah w/e. What's the "story mode" suppose to be? You compared the "story mode" part with Ninja gaiden and Devil may cry. Sounds like you are making 2 different kinds of games to me.

In single player you play a 3D action adventure but in multi player you're playing a traditional 2D fighter? To me the 2D fighter part sounds like a gimmick like Castlevania Judgement tried to be (a fighting game based off on an action game)

I like the ideas of the 7 virtues. Only gripe I have it with is some of the class decisions doesn't really match up with their virtue, mainly "the wanderer" being "chastity". How does a wanderer = someone representing love? maybe you'll develop it more through the story idk. First impressions.

I'll hold on the other comments about the plot when you finish posting.

Also swapping characters on the fly has been done before by other games, pitch more on the details of the mechanics or else people are gonna think it's warriors orochi or genji. Or even Marvel ultimate alliance for that matter.

When i came up with the game I wanted to take two of my favorite genres and combine them. The best way to do that for me was to have the 3-d portion be the story mode while the fighting game portion be the multiplayer. Also its easier to turn 3-d to 2-d. The character swap thing was came to me after i decided that the game will have a hard difficulty level. At first it was you pick a squad of 3 thats all you have to fight with but then i realized that there might be unbalanced so i went with full party, low health, slow regen, no resurrection items.

NoblePhantasm wrote:I dunno, I like that the chastity girl has no weapon.

I SHALL FIGHT BY NOT HAVING SEX WITH YOU!

EDIT: The way you put it, you mean to say that the only characters available for the 2D fighting part are the same 7? You could go the easy route and pit them against the 7 Vices. Makes for a neat number and it keeps the theme going. Mayhaps it's what you were going to bring up in your "To be continued...", but hey.

There will be something like 18-20 characters.

Albatross wrote:I don't play characters, settings, lore etc.
Tell me how exactly it plays, how the levels are structured, what are the main mechanics that will differentiate your game from others.

Yea, you gonna have to wait for me to get a full design team for that one Alba.

Destructo wrote:I don't think the mp needs to be a 2D fighter. Everything sounds pretty decent, though.

It doesnt have to be but i want it to :P. The story mode (with the hidden morality system) is meant to be played by one person.
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : that place with all the mosquitoes and alligators and seafood and Jazz.

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 am

Will the game looks like SF4.
A 2D & 3D combination.
Can you get more weapons and will it be a leveling system for this weapon if it just one.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am

No, because I don't play fightan gaemz
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 am

Pai wrote:No, because I don't play fightan gaemz

yh but the other half will be a brawler/beat'em up like Anarchy Reigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 am

Evokanu9000 wrote:

Wouldn't pay for a game that I would only like 50% of
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 am

Pai wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:

Wouldn't pay for a game that I would only like 50% of

fair enough but you would play the game tho?

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:20 am

you...wont play my game Pai?

Would you play my game? Crying%20child
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 am

NinjagoonAF wrote:

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/75/74/44407475/photos/Anime-Baby-Wallpaper/crying%20child.jpg[/ig]

make the main character a loli or something Adur

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 am

NinjagoonAF wrote:

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/75/74/44407475/photos/Anime-Baby-Wallpaper/crying%

Give it the art style of Skull girls, then I'd be much more likely to.
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:47 am

Pai wrote:
NinjagoonAF wrote:

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/75/74/44407475/photos/Anime-Baby-Wallpaper/crying%

that could actually work. i dont know about the 3-d part though.
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:50 am

NinjagoonAF wrote:
Pai wrote:
NinjagoonAF wrote:

you could give it a more "anime" cell-shaded kind of 3d art style.
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 am

Pai wrote:
NinjagoonAF wrote:
Pai wrote:
NinjagoonAF wrote:

you could give it a more "anime" cell-shaded kind of 3d art style.

I wonder how long it takes to model for cell-shaded...the models looks like they will be very high poly count Asad
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 am

You'd save a lot of effort on textures though
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:07 am

Pai wrote:You'd save a lot of effort on textures though
yea i just looked it up...hmmm give it a similar look to the bleach games with a comic book art style and it'll look great. so far the story isn't half bad (just need a script writer, programmers, and a studio).
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:20 am

You're throwing so much shit together you're not going anywhere.
A fighting game? A RPG? A Hack N Slash? Morality? The player won't care about morality if you're shifting perspectives so abruptly and the game doesn't have a proper feel to it. Anybody can pitch an idea, hell, I bet some games where pitched by the developers janitor. Your job is to design, to neatly craft a game that entertains.

Are you gonna throw TPS mechanics too?
Forget about the story, the characters and the overall presentation.

They're games, focus on the gameplay and the rest comes in due time.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 am

Albatross wrote:You're throwing so much shit together you're not going anywhere.
A fighting game? A RPG? A Hack N Slash? Morality? The player won't care about morality if you're shifting perspectives so abruptly and the game doesn't have a proper feel to it. Anybody can pitch an idea, hell, I bet some games where pitched by the developers janitor. Your job is to design, to neatly craft a game that entertains.

Thanks but i got this Alba. Think of the fighting game portion as a separate game. Its there to add more replay value and a great multiplayer. The RPG/Hack and Slash hybrid does exist (Darksiders 2, Kingdom Hearts, etc.). Thats the point of the hidden morality system. Your not supposed to care about it, you just play and make the choices you want to make, but those choices that you make will affect you in the future. Believe it or not this is game design. I gave my teacher the same description and he said while its a good idea it is quite ambitious because of all the work that'll need to be done on it.
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 am

NinjagoonAF wrote:
Albatross wrote:You're throwing so much shit together you're not going anywhere.

Thanks but i got this Alba. Think of the fighting game portion as a separate game. Its there to add more replay value and a great multiplayer. The RPG/Hack and Slash hybrid does exist (Darksiders 2, Kingdom Hearts, etc.). Thats the point of the hidden morality system. Your not supposed to care about it, you just play and make the choices you want to make, but those choices that you make will affect you in the future. Believe it or not this is game design. I gave my teacher the same description and he said while its a good idea it is quite ambitious because of all the work that'll need to be done on it.

I think you're stuck with the "into the boilingpot" syndrome where you try to pick things from your favorite games and try to mash it together.

and if you're gonna combine favorite genre's, why not keep it 3D action and just give them 2D fighter attributes?

and also I think you are bit wrong in the sense that people won't care about the decisions they make. Look at games like ME3 and heavy rain, those games give you choices that actually make you care and not "just play".

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/combining-genres

this might help.

also I'll say what I wanted to say before. Who's the main protagonist? is this FF type where "warriors of justice" is the main character?

also what you just described is exactly what warriors orochi 2 is.

it's a 3D action game with swapping character mechanic where each character has different movelist and attribute.

it also has a multiplayer fighting game.

it was utter shit. and I own the game.

Your ideas are good to certain extent, but I 'd say stick to single player rather than spending the time to deliver 2 different games. You're not a corporate game designer that needs to think about replay value, I'd say give all your effort into delivering a solid single player experience.

LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 am

2 games in 1?
3 games in 1?
Choices that the player isn't supposed to care yet they shape the game? Why would they not care about them?

LastBlues wrote:why not keep it 3D action and just give them 2D fighter attributes?
Something like God Hand comes to mind.

Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am

yeah and that game was considered as a sleeper hit.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 am

LastBlues wrote:
NinjagoonAF wrote:

I think you're stuck with the "into the boilingpot" syndrome where you try to pick things from your favorite games and try to mash it together.

and if you're gonna combine favorite genre's, why not keep it 3D action and just give them 2D fighter attributes?

and also I think you are bit wrong in the sense that people won't care about the decisions they make. Look at games like ME3 and heavy rain, those games give you choices that actually make you care and not "just play".

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/combining-genres

this might help.

also I'll say what I wanted to say before. Who's the main protagonist? is this FF type where "warriors of justice" is the main character?

also what you just described is exactly what warriors orochi 2 is.

it's a 3D action game with swapping character mechanic where each character has different movelist and attribute.

it also has a multiplayer fighting game.

it was utter shit. and I own the game.

Your ideas are good to certain extent, but I 'd say stick to single player rather than spending the time to deliver 2 different games. You're not a corporate game designer that needs to think about replay value, I'd say give all your effort into delivering a solid single player experience.

Thats what i was planning to do windy The Story mode is the main part of the game. when you go to the multiplayer section its gonna be a "side story" it has almost nothing to do with the main story. The main focus of the story mode is to eliminate enemies, so its essentially a large scale search and destroy. The RPG elements are there to give the players that sense of progression. As you "level up" your stats atk, health, def dont increase but your amount of angelic magic and the effects of your angelic powers do. This will make you play alot more cautiously in the later levels, but you'll also have more tools to get the job done. This also makes you want to not just focus on a single character as other characters will have different abilities that could help you get through the battle. Also thanks for the video Blues, it got me thinking about how everything is actually supposed to go together. Back to the drawing board sigh
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down