PS4 DOMINATION

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Albatross on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm




Last edited by Albatross on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16 am; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 2976
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : Shitposting Extravaganza

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Mega slim edition.
avatar
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 24
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by LastBlues on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

make it a proper title or imma delete this thread out of sheer annoyance of hashtag shit.

_________________
avatar
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Posts : 4687
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:58 pm

LastBlues wrote:make it a proper title or imma delete this thread out of sheer annoyance of hashtag shit.

NO

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Albatross on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm

avatar
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 2976
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : Shitposting Extravaganza

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by NoblePhantasm on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Finally! Something to rival the PC.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:Finally! Something to rival the PC.

avatar
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 24
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by PT-Desu on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:Finally! Something to rival the PC.




_________________
avatar
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Posts : 5136
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 32
Location : Portugal

http://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Pai on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:Finally! Something to rival the PC.

_________________
avatar
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6072
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 26
Location : Kyonyu

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 pm



The real reason to get excited about a PS4 is what Sony as a company does with the OS and system libraries as a platform, and what this enables 1st party studios to do, when they make PS4-only games. If PS4 has a real-time OS, with a libGCM style low level access to the GPU, then the PS4 1st party games will be years ahead of the PC simply because it opens up what is possible on the GPU

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510076

original source pulled

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Pai on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Evokanu9000 wrote:

The real reason to get excited about a PS4 is what Sony as a company does with the OS and system libraries as a platform, and what this enables 1st party studios to do, when they make PS4-only games. If PS4 has a real-time OS, with a libGCM style low level access to the GPU, then the PS4 1st party games will be years ahead of the PC simply because it opens up what is possible on the GPU

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510076

original source pulled

just no xD


_________________
avatar
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6072
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 26
Location : Kyonyu

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 pm

underestimating the possibilities of low level access to the GPU has from a developers stand point, Windows doen't allow for low level PCAPI which dragged 50% performance

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Pai on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Evokanu9000 wrote:underestimating the possibilities of low level access to the GPU has from a developers stand point, Windows doen't allow for low level PCAPI which dragged 50% performance
Let me know when a console can support 6 monitors at 2560x1600 resolution at 60hz. kthnxbai.

_________________
avatar
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6072
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 26
Location : Kyonyu

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Pai wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:underestimating the possibilities of low level access to the GPU has from a developers stand point, Windows doen't allow for low level PCAPI which dragged 50% performance
Let me know when a console can support 6 monitors at 2560x1600 resolution at 60hz. kthnxbai.

irrelevant

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Pai on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Evokanu9000 wrote:
Pai wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:underestimating the possibilities of low level access to the GPU has from a developers stand point, Windows doen't allow for low level PCAPI which dragged 50% performance
Let me know when a console can support 6 monitors at 2560x1600 resolution at 60hz. kthnxbai.

irrelevant
WHAT? HAAHAHAHAHAHAA

_________________
avatar
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6072
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 26
Location : Kyonyu

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Evokanu9000 wrote:

The real reason to get excited about a PS4 is what Sony as a company does with the OS and system libraries as a platform, and what this enables 1st party studios to do, when they make PS4-only games. If PS4 has a real-time OS, with a libGCM style low level access to the GPU, then the PS4 1st party games will be years ahead of the PC simply because it opens up what is possible on the GPU

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510076

original source pulled

And? It's still a rumor...this doesn't mean anything at this point, Gear, lol. Unless Sony themselves announces this, yeah... it will mean nothing.

And who is to say it will be "years ahead" of PC if it is true? It's all rumor... it being pulled could mean a number of different things.

And because I know how you like to make assumptions, I do think it will be ahead of the PS3 in terms of graphics and CPU, but to think it will be ahead of PC is understandably skeptical.
avatar
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 24
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by PT-Desu on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm


By the time the new consoles arrive their specs will already be outdated by PC standards.

_________________
avatar
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Posts : 5136
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 32
Location : Portugal

http://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by IeptBarakat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:Finally! Something to rival the PC.

avatar
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2346
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27
Location : In despair.

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

well we wait and see then

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Albatross on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:30 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:Finally! Something to rival the PC.
puraystation has persona
pc doesnt
puraystation wins

y would anyone rival a dead platform with f2p shit moba games
nobles plz
avatar
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 2976
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : Shitposting Extravaganza

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Rex on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 pm

It better be backwards compatible with PS3 games, otherwise Sony can kiss their ass goodbye. I'm not buying a system that won't play this generation Gran turismo. It only came out 2 years ago!
avatar
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 2241
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Albatross on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 pm

no BC
no Games
$799
no hdd expansion
Uncharted spin off
charge online

RIIIDGEEE RACERRR
avatar
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 2976
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : Shitposting Extravaganza

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Rex wrote:It better be backwards compatible with PS3 games, otherwise Sony can kiss their ass goodbye. I'm not buying a system that won't play this generation Gran turismo. It only came out 2 years ago!

A rumor says it will, I doubt it tho

http://leviathyn.com/games-2/playstation/2013/02/02/deciphering-the-playstation-4-before-february-20th-specs-controller-price-and-more/


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Destructo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:20 pm

can't wait #psquadruple #nolie #ballin
avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9256
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 am



avatar
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 24
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: PS4 DOMINATION

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum