Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations?

+9
Zuly
NinjagoonAF
FightingFurball
PT-Desu
TopgunUK
BrandonBandicoot
IeptBarakat
Destructo
TheCreator
13 posters

Go down

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Empty Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations?

Post by TheCreator Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 am

I've recently finished Deus Ex HR (i'm currently playing the missing link) and i thought it would be interesting to discuss this.

Imagine a world where augmentations are real, they are not impossible to buy (let's say they are expensive, but they are not incredibly expensive. They cost more or less the same amount a plastic surgery operation costs today). You do have to take some meds to ensure the correct assimilation, but you don't get hooked on it (similar to the meds people who have received an organ transplant have to take, but without the inmunologial system shutting down thing lol).

Would you get augmented? What type of augs would you get?

I might get some mind augs, like some kind of memory enhancer or focuser, so that i could learn better and faster; but I wouldn't get one of those legs or arms augs. The reason being i want to be able to feel and touch with my real body.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Empty Re: Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations?

Post by Destructo Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 am

I would definitely augment my eyes. I can ditch my glasses and obtain that 20/20 4K vision.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Empty Re: Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations?

Post by TheCreator Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am

Good point. On top of that, INSTANT SPY CAMERA.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 am

I was about to mention all the fun features(infrared, night vision, recording, etc.), but then I realized I had to keep it civilian-legal. :P
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 am

Obviously the 'be the animu' package.

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? VeySh
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 am

Replace most vital organs that could become diseased except for my brain.

Live forever as long as I don't get brain disease.

Though honestly the only reason I'd want to live forever is to discover more livable planets in the universe, it's a shame I'll probably miss it.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 am

Top of the line GitS: SAC Cybernetics: They look and feel like the real thing whilst being far better, I'd go full prosthetic body with Cyberbrain.

HR augmentations: Probably not, they're too primitive and unwieldly.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 am

Augment everything.

except my penis , my right arm and i would like to keep my skin, at least in the face.
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

https://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:17 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:Replace most vital organs that could become diseased except for my brain.

Though honestly the only reason I'd want to live forever is to discover more livable planets in the universe, it's a shame I'll probably miss it.
Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Doctorklein

Also don't do drugs in any body. They are bad for you!
Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Doctormobius
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 am

maybe do some Inspector Gadget type stuff with my legs...have like panels that slide out with random stuff. GO GO GADGET: POCKET PUSSY! (probably would whisper that i real life tho)
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : that place with all the mosquitoes and alligators and seafood and Jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjamonkey46?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. Getting a pocket pussy augmentation....

Also, i think it would be kind of interesting if you could read emails with your mind, and all kind of mind-internet thing.

Nobody is afraid of the body being "hackable" either by goverments or mafias or random douchebags?

I don't mean exactly controlling them, but shutting them off would be really simple.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

TheCreator wrote:Nobody is afraid of the body being "hackable" either by goverments or mafias or random douchebags?

I don't mean exactly controlling them, but shutting them off would be really simple.

Well, I'm sure it's about the same level of fear as random home invasions and being shot to death while walking outside.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuly Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 am

Enhanced skin tactile elements or whatever it was that Motoko had in her vagina.
Zuly
Zuly
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.zulygd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 am

Not something i want, just thought i'd share.

Last edited by Revy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolorous- Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 am

I have chronic knee pain, so I'd hack off my legs this instant if a decent replacement was available.
Dolorous-
Dolorous-

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlightenment Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 am

Wish my eyes would be augmented so I could lose the glasses. NBot only that, but my eye implants comes with infrared vision, night vision, zoom function, photography, x-ray vision, HUD, be able to analyze and store information, and of course lasers.
Enlightenment
Enlightenment
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 am

FightingFurball wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:Replace most vital organs that could become diseased except for my brain.

Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Doctorklein

Also don't do drugs in any body. They are bad for you!
Hey AF! The Creator asks: Would you get augmentations? Doctormobius

Kinda want to keep my skin.

Thanks for spoiling Old World Blues for me (I think that's the one) though, didn't finish New Vegas yet.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

IeptBarakat wrote:
TheCreator wrote:Nobody is afraid of the body being "hackable" either by goverments or mafias or random douchebags?

Well, I'm sure it's about the same level of fear as random home invasions and being shot to death while walking outside.

Nope, it's not. It's much worse. And easier, someone could make you choke to death if they want it.

I can see the future, download now the stop hitting yourself app. Prank your augmented friends with this hilarious app! Now available on app store for just 0.99 cents!
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Hmmm... just a question. Does getting installed as controlling entity of a giant Space Battle Cruiser count as augmentation?
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCreator Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 am

You mean something like being able to plug some cable in, and controlling the sip with that?

Yep, it would.
TheCreator
TheCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 am

Well, then there is only one thing to say:

EXTERMINATUS!
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:55 am

One will be jump form anywhere without dying.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down