Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

+7
Albatross
Keck282
LastBlues
Kyu
NoblePhantasm
Wing
Killaman16
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Empty Re: Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

Post by Keck282 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Hips have a weird proportion, and that left hand on the right arm is just weird (it looks like it comes out of nowhere, the boobs could use a little work in how they look with arms below them; being propped up a bit higher to account for the arms below).
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Empty Re: Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

Post by Killaman16 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah I had a bit of trouble with that area. I might redo that area so the arms don't look as awkward. As for the hips I'm not gonna touch til I completely figure out a solution to the weird proportions.

Edit: Okay, so far I've fixed her right arm a bit so it doesn't look as awkwardly proportioned and I've raised up boobs so that the torso proportions fit better.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Okay, just finished an updated version of that drawing I was working on.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Myanimedrawings001-1

Even though the hand still looks pretty weird, the torso looks much better than in the previous version. The boobs have been raised up which allows me to show more of her arms underneath so it doesn't look like the hand is just "popping" out of nowhere.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 pm

The only other thing I can see that needs work, besides defining the face a bit is her neck. It is pretty wide (can take it in a little bit).
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 am

This is gonna be a weird post cuz I don't know whether or not to upload here or make a new thread in the Digital Art section. The other day I made a speed drawing for my animation class and now were drawing it digitally for our animation project. Here's what I have so far:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Kaiden_sketch_09

Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm

That neck seems so long.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Keck282 wrote:That neck seems so long.
Yeah, since it was a speed drawing I didn't really focus that much on the proportions especially when the legs were not long enough in the original drawing. I'm also trying to fix the clothes he wears since the original had a cape covering his arms and parts of his body.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:18 am

The other day our class had to turn in our digital drawings of our characters, here's what mine looked like in the end (btw, ignore the file name):

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Pace_J_Character

Not my best work considering this is the first time I've actually done something like this.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 am

You are improving, though you need to work on your foreshortening of the shoes.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:32 am

Keck282 wrote:You are improving, though you need to work on your foreshortening of the shoes.
Yeah, that's the big problem I always face with these drawings. The feet and hands, but mainly the feet when it comes to their positioning and as you said the foreshortening.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:59 am

For comparison's sake, this is what the speed drawing looked like when I first drew it:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Kaiden

My character is supposed to look WAAAAY more serious than he does in the digital art form. Probably because the eyes are smaller in the digital one than the drawing. Oh well, I'll probably fix that later. Here's what I'm working on now:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Tezcawcmjirc

Got a good start going. Trying to get a nun look going for this character for story purposes.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 am

Okay I finished (sort of) my nun drawing. Here's how it looks:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Tezca2

I'm thinking of redoing her hair though.

My next drawing I'm working on:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Diablon

I'm going to draw a full body figure of my previous robot drawing. Here's his first concept for reference.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Sc0001
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 am

Wow, I finished this new one in record time especially considering that I've never really drawn a robot character before. I took some inspiration from some pics of Mega Man X and Vile. Here's what it looked like in the end:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Diablon02
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

hey killa you should check this guy's tutorials out it might help you out with different things like how to draw clothes, poses, eyes, hair, expressions, fighting stances, reading glasses, etc

https://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley?ob=4&feature=results_main
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm

On the nun. You should redraw her skirt so it doesn't hug her hips so much, as nuns are not out to express their sexuality (which means you may need to revise her top). But yeah, her hair and face need to be worked on so she doesn't appear as scary looking.

On the robot. That crotch plate is fucking huge and it looks like he has a huge boner or what some males in remote tribes wear. The legs and arms are well done, but I am not too sure about the need for hair. Ideally I would like to see the hair possibly sticking out of the helmet and not just having a mask.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:20 pm

@Keck: Well concerning the robot I kinda see what you mean with his crotch plate. I had it in the original concept but didn't really know what to do with it while drawing this new version so I might just redo that area. As for the hair, it's intentional since he's wearing a computerized mask that's he's able to take off if it gets damaged and for other story purposes. I also put it there so my character can make funny faces kinda like how Taokaka's face is in BlazBlue.

For the nun............eh I dunno. I can rework the hips and hair I kinda did lazily since I have a hard time drawing hair like that. For the sexualness of her outfit I'm not really going to touch until I know exactly what to do with it since I was trying to aim for Orsola's look in Index so I'm not completely sure.

@Miku: Thanks, I'll look into it.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 am

Okay, I still have not touched the other two drawings yet since I still have no idea what to do with them so I started a new drawing. I decided to redraw one of my main characters I drew before. Here's what he looked like previously:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Myanimedrawings004

The proportions are pretty shitty and his head looked nothing like I imagined (plus his eyes are pretty weird). Here's my new (in progress) concept of him:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 DaemonFC

Now his body looks a bit more proportionate and his eyes have been dialed down a great amount. I'm making a different outfit for him since this is a concept of my main character later on in the story (not the story I posted in my blog entry though).

Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 am

Update:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Daemonfc2

I pretty much worked out his face, so now I plan to rework his arms, legs, and his outfit. His arms are pretty long in the drawing (I'm aware of that) and I plan to shorten and rework them. I also started another drawing to the right of him for secret reasons.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:00 am

Damn it's almost been a month since I did my last drawing, oh well. Here's my new updated (kinda) finished drawing:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Daemonfc3

Still need to work out thew arms and hands but otherwise it looks pretty good and looks closer to how I imagined him to look like when I first thought him up. It WAY BETTER improvement over the first concept that looked like ass:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Myanimedrawings004

Now about the two characters behind him, you could think of them as spiritual guides that reside in his body. The story in the series he's in explains more about this. Now for my next drawing, I shall be redrawing his girlfriend/love-interest. Here's what she looked before:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Myanimedrawings002-1

She looks kinda what I wanted her to look like but it's also a proportional nightmare so I shall be attending to this in my next work.

Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah her shoulders are too wide which makes her boobs look super huge.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am

Well after looking at the current progress of my redraw of her I might have to do it twice now since I was trying to give her an action pose. I'll post my progress on it later.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 am

Okay since my scanner is being a piece of ass I'll post something else I've been working on. That last drawing I finished before has been upgraded to my final project along with the other digital rendition of one of my other characters. Here's what I have of him so far:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Daemonsketch10

I case you were wondering he's gonna be imported into AfterEffects for a quick animation for my final project which looks to be a bit ambitious with the time I have left and the minimal resources I have. He's pretty close to how I drew him but.....yeah.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 am

Okay, I found a scanner that isn't ass so I'll be able to upload my current progress on that redraw of mine.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=135&filename=rachelconcept01

At this point, I really don't know what the fuck I'm doing anymore. I just can't into character designs with poses like that. I'll keep trying but I'm not really confident about it. Now for something else. I'm currently hard at work on my final project for my art class and I had to draw two static scenes that I'll render in Photoshop. Here's what I got:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Staticscene01

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 Staticscene02
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

With your previous post, I noticed that your character's neck is super long. You should think about shortening that up a bit.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 am

Okay, I sorta abandoned that current redraw i'm making to make a new drawing out of boredom.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] - Page 2 IMG_0817

Took me all of 30 minutes, 20 of them was trying to think of a design for her. And she may not look it but she's another version of the redraw I was trying to make.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next