Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King

+2
ZappaBappa
2-D
6 posters

Go down

[Anime]   Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King Empty [Anime] Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King

Post by 2-D Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:31 am

[Anime]   Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King 33563
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King

Producers: Studio 4°C, Viz Media
Genres: Action, Adventure, Demons, Fantasy, Supernatural, Military, Seinen

Synopsis: Guts, an immensely strong sword-for-hire, has little direction in his life, simply fighting one battle after the next. However, this all changes suddenly when he meets and is bested by Griffith, a beautiful and charismatic young man who leads the Band of the Hawk mercenary army. After Guts joins the Band and the relationship between the two men begins to blossom, Casca, the tough, lone swordswoman in the Band of the Hawk, struggles to accept Guts and the influence he has on the world around her. While the two men begin to fight together, Griffith continues to rise to power, all seemingly in order to reach his mysterious, prophesied goals. What lengths will Guts and Griffith go to in order to reach these goals, and where will fate take the two men?

Last edited by 2-D on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
2-D
2-D
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime]   Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King Empty Re: [Anime] Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King

Post by 2-D Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 am

Just watched it. I thought they would do the whole anime in one movie but apparently they're doing it in multiple. Was kinda scared when I saw it was only 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The computer animation in this looks so shabby and out of place. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. The normal animation on the other hand looks amazing.

I don't remember the anime too well but apparently it wasn't very faithful to the manga (which I haven't read)...but everything in this is the same as the anime but extremely cut down to the bare minimum.

Still liked it tho. Apparently the second movie comes out pretty damn soon in Japan.
2-D
2-D
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime]   Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King Empty Re: [Anime] Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the High King

Post by ZappaBappa Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 am

2-D wrote:Just watched it. I thought they would do the whole anime in one movie but apparently they're doing it in multiple. Was kinda scared when I saw it was only 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The computer animation in this looks so shabby and out of place. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. The normal animation on the other hand looks amazing.

I don't remember the anime too well but apparently it wasn't very faithful to the manga (which I haven't read)...but everything in this is the same as the anime but extremely cut down to the bare minimum.

Still liked it tho. Apparently the second movie comes out pretty damn soon in Japan.

Thanks. Wont be watching it anymore now. I had my doubts on this from the beginning, the 3d just looked weird, 3d and anime barely get along right since theres no feel or deformation. and since it just follow the anime story, i'l just wait until the end to see if it continues, or ends at the same place where the anime ending, which was a huge cliffhanger if you didn't follow the manga.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:04 am

I thought it did a decent job for what it's trying to do.

But I didn't necessarily want what it's trying to do.

I was excited when I first heard there'd be a new Berserk Anime, but everything I heard about it after that made me less excited.

It's a series of movies rather than a TV series.

It's covering the golden age arc first instead of just continuing where the first anime left off.

Then the trailers revealed the shoddy CG implementation so it can't even be considered eyecandy.

Anyway, it was okay.

I'm not hyped for this series at all though, it'll only really get interesting when it passes where the first anime left off and I'm not sure the movies will even be successful enough to get that far.

TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2-D Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 am

I'm glad they started from the beginning. For someone who isn't a huge fan I really needed a refresher.
2-D
2-D
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 am

I don't like how they cut it down.
It jumps from Guts first joining the Hawks to Griffith being knighted the next scene.

The shoddy CG was pretty lame too.

Other than that it was enjoyable.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:03 am

So it does not follow the manga.
Guess i have to read it.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nilt Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 am

I think the reason they cut it down is because they assumed people watching this would be familiar with the series already and they just want to get to the good parts

For those that don't know, the Golden Age arc will be divided into three movies, the second one is already out and the third one will come out later this year, that's when we have to wait to see if the rest is going to be animated or what because that's what I'm waiting for bcause that's when it truly gets epic

I higly recommend everyone to read the manga, th only pain with this is that whn you catch up, there is no real release schdule so chapters releases are really spread apart :/

Also, the manga is only at chapter 328, but don't let it fool you, these chapters are quite long... took me a good amount of time to read through everything
Nilt
Nilt
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down