Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

+30
FullArmageddon
Hollow
TranClan67
Kevinthewiseone
Rex
ZoomTranquilty
Plue
Albatross
Wing
NinjagoonAF
-Solid
EchoesTranquility
2-D
NoblePhantasm
Kyu
Nanamix
Biokinetica
Keck282
Zuly
ASecondChance
TopgunUK
PT-Desu
Revy
MikuHatsune
GhostCell
Destructo
LastBlues
Killaman16
IeptBarakat
BrandonBandicoot
34 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 12 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:49 am

IeptBarakat wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:The Mass Effect 3 ending was indeed very shit.
If you think it's shit, that might not be very good for me. But, i'm still in the rapid-indoctrination camp, so there's a chance that i'd like the use of the device to continue the narrative on the limits of choice.

I love actual endings, not speculative or theoretical endings that are a cheap attempt to make you think of a better ending because they took the lazy route and decided to leave it up to the _____, so they can get everyone talking about it and think of something they most likely couldn't have. I remember when we'd feel accomplished after an ending.
(Note, this is different from a cliffhanger because cliffhangers aren't actual endings.)

Take the Inception movie ending for an example. Oh noes, is it a dream!?

I'm sure the game was fine aside from the strange amounts of romancing and shoddy visuals/animations, and I would most likely get it if it wasn't an Origin exclusive.

But this stuff pretty much sums up the bad in the game.
mass effect 3 spoilers:
Not think of a better ending, say that the Reaper was the one trying to continue the culling right up until the end.

The rapid-indoctrination i'm talking about asserts that the reaper was indoctrinating Shepard into thinking that these were the only three choices and that the least favorable one was to destroy the Reapers. A last-ditch effort to keep the culling in motion and shut Shepard down. I'm starting to grow tired of fanbases not being able to think for themselves and instead preferring pre-chewed logic and random internet personalities to say for them what they can't seem to say for themselves. This is an issue I have with many anime fans as well. They always need some five-minute monologue at the end of a series in order to have any clue as to what the fuck happened. That's the only reason why people say Darker than Black S2 sucked. Bones didn't hold people's hands this time, so everyone was pissed.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 12 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm

Post by IeptBarakat Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:25 am

Biokinetica wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
Biokinetica wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:The Mass Effect 3 ending was indeed very shit.
If you think it's shit, that might not be very good for me. But, i'm still in the rapid-indoctrination camp, so there's a chance that i'd like the use of the device to continue the narrative on the limits of choice.

I love actual endings, not speculative or theoretical endings that are a cheap attempt to make you think of a better ending because they took the lazy route and decided to leave it up to the _____, so they can get everyone talking about it and think of something they most likely couldn't have. I remember when we'd feel accomplished after an ending.
(Note, this is different from a cliffhanger because cliffhangers aren't actual endings.)

Take the Inception movie ending for an example. Oh noes, is it a dream!?

I'm sure the game was fine aside from the strange amounts of romancing and shoddy visuals/animations, and I would most likely get it if it wasn't an Origin exclusive.

But this stuff pretty much sums up the bad in the game.
mass effect 3 spoilers:
Not think of a better ending, say that the Reaper was the one trying to continue the culling right up until the end.

The rapid-indoctrination i'm talking about asserts that the reaper was indoctrinating Shepard into thinking that these were the only three choices and that the least favorable one was to destroy the Reapers. A last-ditch effort to keep the culling in motion and shut Shepard down. I'm starting to grow tired of fanbases not being able to think for themselves and instead preferring pre-chewed logic and random internet personalities to say for them what they can't seem to say for themselves. This is an issue I have with many anime fans as well. They always need some five-minute monologue at the end of a series in order to have any clue as to what the fuck happened. That's the only reason why people say Darker than Black S2 sucked. Bones didn't hold people's hands this time, so everyone was pissed.

Whatever, can't say anything more on the subject rather than the things I've seen, all the evidence and spoiled material throughout the internet is my only guidance on the matter as I don't own the game. And I didn't have a real intention to buy the game in the first place due to how Bioware has gone with their recent games such as Dragon Age 2 and The old Republic(also Origin). Which I can at least say with TOR, is that it was an absolute bore. Played ME1, loved it. Played ME2 it was pretty good and the cutscenes were brilliantly done, although they cut a good portion of what I liked about the original(too much of a shooter). Besides, Pre-chewed logic is accepted logic and you can deny it as much as you want, but the majority still see it that way. And if it was supposed to be something different, then they didn't present it the right way or did not do a good enough job telling it. At least not as good as describing it as those random internet personalities.

And also, people didn't think DTB2 sucked due to not being understand to plot or whatever. They hated it because not enough chinese electric batman action.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 am

lol ^
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:45 am

ah whiskers...i feel like messing with your beloved girl group right now lol
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 am

I watched all the endings.

I want to punch kittens, I'm sorry for Killaman and his wasted money for when he finishes it.

That ending was MORE disappointing that Killzone 3
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 am

IeptBarakat wrote:
And also, people didn't think DTB2 sucked due to not being understand to plot or whatever. They hated it because not enough chinese electric batman action.
Then those were the people who had no business watching in the first place. Darker than Black always demanded more from its viewers than an ability to comprehend the swinging, electrocuting action. It was about man's ability to process and respond to emotion. Arage
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 am

[flash(854,480)]http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=sinister0650[flash]
http://www.livestream.com/sinister0650

Incoming Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Co-op Stream. Starring Me and someone else.
It's over.

Also.

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 12 UBVlU

Last edited by IeptBarakat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:02 am

wait does the ending like leave plot holes to be filled up with dlc is that why people are mad?
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

GhostCell wrote:wait does the ending like leave plot holes to be filled up with dlc is that why people are mad?
Depends on who you ask. Kotaku's actually got a nice debate from the old school going on under an article about Casey Hudson's response.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 am

can y'all just not talk about it? or go talk about it in a separate ME 3 thread
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Plue Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:13 am

What is cooler than water?
Plue
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 am

what?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 am

Plue wrote:What is cooler than water?

liquid hydrogen
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

https://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 am

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 12 A3jgpf

/g/eneral Chat Version Nyan, Operation: Dessert Storm - Page 12 OpoQQ
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am

Hope he wins
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

https://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 am

They'll dismiss it. You can't be serious, though...
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Solid Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 am

Jesus man, this is getting fucking crazy lol
-Solid
-Solid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Plue Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am

PT-Desu wrote:
Plue wrote:What is cooler than water?

liquid hydrogen
a watercooler.
Plue
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biokinetica Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 am

-Solid wrote:Jesus man, this is getting fucking crazy lol
Echoing a sentiment on twitter in response to this, in order for a story-telling medium to mature, so too, must its audience. This is evidence that we're heading starkly in the other direction.
Biokinetica
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Solid Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

Phew, Bioware and Capcom are becoming the most hated gaming companies now in the internet.
-Solid
-Solid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:07 am

I was gonna post some screens from GU 2 in the gaming forum, but Photobucket is down. When has that ever happened??
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 am

Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by -Solid Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 am

Oh, by the way, I posted that blog up on GT confirming my break from the site.

I gave alot of shout-outs so, you can go check it out if you want to, but it's all good if you don't lol
-Solid
-Solid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuly Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 am

Revy wrote:
I almost completely forgot about this game.
Zuly
Zuly
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.zulygd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:25 am

Zuly wrote:
Revy wrote:
I almost completely forgot about this game.

I signed up for the beta but I haven't heard from them :/
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next