Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes

+28
Pai
ToastyChan
Plue
Kiko
DeepThroat
Acelea
NoblePhantasm
Spectral Spider
Kevinthewiseone
Wolf92
NinjagoonAF
Saya
IeptBarakat
-Solid
Revy
2-D
Ojou
MikuHatsune
Albatross
TopgunUK
Kyu
Zuly
Destructo
PT-Desu
CluelessNeko
Hollow
Cobalt
BrandonBandicoot
32 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 Empty Re: /g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes

Post by Revy Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:12 am

Spectral Spider wrote:So... it's not safe.
Fuck. :(
You nincompoop.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 Empty Re: /g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 am

Hows the transformation going spider ?
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

https://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:21 am

Revy wrote:
You nincompoop.
Well I figure with a landline connection, the only people who will have access to it (beyond what access someone would have to it with any internet connection) would be the library staff... unless of course, the router that I'm connected to via landline is negotiating to the main hub of the library via wireless connection.

But the library staff probably wouldn't watch my data transference very closely... I mean, if they did, they probably would've stopped me from downloading all the copyrighted material I have. Plus their jobs probably depend on not robbing people using the power they're given.
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:29 am

I wouldn't buy anything on a public network.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:34 am

PT-Desu wrote:Hows the transformation going spider ?
Not bad. I've been continuing my therapy sessions, I've had three so far, and we're doing them every other week. If I remember correctly, the amount of therapy the state requires is three months of it, so, that'd be 6 visits or so... so it's like I'm halfway there sorta.

But then I'll have to undergo the actual hormone therapy stuff, which will take many publicly awkward months... and that brings up two issues.

1. My left leg gets weird pains and numbness, and there are spots near the top of it where it feels like there are empty tunnels under my skin... and sometimes it feels like something in my abdomen is not working perfectly... and I have this weird aching in my neck that's been going on for the past few months which... probably suggests I have at least one medical condition that is seriously fucking my body up... and I should probably try and fix before I actually introduce a complete body-morphing hormone regimen into my system, but I'm a putz that's apprehensive about going out and seeing a doctor.

2. It was suggested (by some random trans girl I talked to online) that I actually start getting permanent hair removal stuff done before I start hormone therapy (because that'd make the hormone-related changes look better... no beard = more pretty), but again, I'm a putz that's apprehensive about going out and doing things.

Um, yeah...
As strange as it is, I do appreciate you asking.
Thank you.
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:38 am

Spectral Spider wrote:
Revy wrote:
You nincompoop.
Well I figure with a landline connection, the only people who will have access to it (beyond what access someone would have to it with any internet connection) would be the library staff... unless of course, the router that I'm connected to via landline is negotiating to the main hub of the library via wireless connection.

But the library staff probably wouldn't watch my data transference very closely... I mean, if they did, they probably would've stopped me from downloading all the copyrighted material I have. Plus their jobs probably depend on not robbing people using the power they're given.
If it's unencrypted, which it probably is cause it's a public library, anyone who logs into the library's network can see what you're doing.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:41 am

Hollow wrote:I wouldn't buy anything on a public network.
I already have... lots of times... but every time I had done so, I did it by previously buying an amazon gift card at a walgreens, then applying the card to an amazon account, and buying with that.

Not extremely safe, but I figure, with such a system, the worst that could happen is that someone could buy something for themselves with the amount of gift card stuff I had stored in my account at any given time.

Revy wrote:
Spectral Spider wrote:
Revy wrote:
You nincompoop.

If it's unencrypted, which it probably is cause it's a public library, anyone who logs into the library's network can see what you're doing.
Well that's vaguely disconcerting.
And I probably wouldn't be safe buying off amazon, even though they're all like "Sign in to our secure server."?

Is there any way that I could tell whether or not my connection to internet is encrypted?
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 am

Spectral Spider wrote:Is there any way that I could tell whether or not my connection to internet is encrypted?
When you connect, it should ask you to enter a password. You can also check to encryption level, like if it's WEP or WPA2, shit like that.

If you can join the network without any password, then there's no encryption.

Does thou not have internets at home?
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:04 am

well hopefully everything goes ok as in no health problems.

And half my village just fuckin burned :(
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:06 am

Revy wrote:
Spectral Spider wrote:Is there any way that I could tell whether or not my connection to internet is encrypted?
When you connect, it should ask you to enter a password. You can also check to encryption level, like if it's WEP or WPA2, shit like that.

If you can join the network without any password, then there's no encryption.

Does thou not have internets at home?
It doesn't ask me for anything of the sort. :/

*Dost
And no, I don't. My mom cancelled it maybe a year and a half ago, and I've not bothered to reinstate it since I've gotten a job.
Which I can help rationalize by the fact that I'm pretty sure the phone line at my house is partially fucked, and I'd not get decent service at all.
At least not until the glorious coming of Google Fiber... which probably wont happen for years.

PT-Desu wrote:well hopefully everything goes ok as in no health problems.

And half my village just fuckin burned :(
Why thank you. C:

And I hope you mean like... in a game... it'd suck slightly more if your irl village got burnt.
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:31 am

lol, yeah my Banished village
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:00 am

PT-Desu wrote:lol, yeah my Banished village
Okay.

Still, we should have a moment of silence for those poor virtual houses.
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 am

Wolf92 wrote:Sweden VS Canada in Olympic Hockey

>Implying we won't wreck Canada good

gonna be a good match

hope USA lose to finland

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 am

Wolf92 wrote:Sup ho
oh you.
Top we all know will win. We kick ass and take names.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:28 pm

The black peoples are invading the Sankaku image section.

Call them off, Brando!
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Nah I'm good.

unlike you
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:05 pm

who needs flappy bird

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 pm

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 MrDYlVg_zps22091bed
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Peetee! Can you make the site support 2560 x 1440p?
/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 JVTbmuV
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:34 pm

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 Untitled
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:37 pm

/g/eneral Conversation Forum Thing That Gets a New Version Sometimes - Page 34 Xos9gxP
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:38 pm

You sound insincere for some reason.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 pm

i think so, but all i can try and do is disable repeat
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectral Spider Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Greetings fellow internet users.
Spectral Spider
Spectral Spider
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PT-Desu Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 pm

is it still repeating ?

hey
PT-Desu
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next