Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral & games Chat: Nothing stops the E3 Hype Train, Edition

+33
Sokku
LastBlues
Rex
MikuHatsune
GhostCell
Plue
Saya
Spectral Spider
NinjagoonAF
Kiko
Enlightenment
Nilt
NoblePhantasm
Pai
Ojou
-Solid
War
Wing
Cobalt
Kneesocks
BrandonBandicoot
Daiyousei
TopgunUK
DeepThroat
Kyu
DMCMaster
PT-Desu
Albatross
Zuly
Destructo
CluelessNeko
Hollow
IeptBarakat
37 posters

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

/g/eneral & games Chat: Nothing stops the E3 Hype Train, Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: /g/eneral & games Chat: Nothing stops the E3 Hype Train, Edition

Post by Hollow Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 am

Wing wrote:
Hollow wrote:I really think Sony is subsidizing the price of the PS4 into the PS+ service and that's why they're charging for online play now.

That isn't true at all. They're profiting from the hardware at the current pricing model. Without PS+. Careful when you make baseless claims.

Have they said the manufacturing cost?

GDDR5 isn't cheap.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral & games Chat: Nothing stops the E3 Hype Train, Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: /g/eneral & games Chat: Nothing stops the E3 Hype Train, Edition

Post by War Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 am

Enlightenment wrote:It's a shame that online won't be free for the ps4, but I think getting a PS+ subscription won't be that bad.

Yea I don't get why everyone I've talked to about it make it sound like Sony is making them sacrifice their first born. Its less than $5 a month and you get free games, discounts, early beta access, and all this cool shit.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 am

Enlightenment wrote:It's a shame that online won't be free for the ps4, but I think getting a PS+ subscription won't be that bad.
PS+ is a pretty good service.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 am

War wrote:I don't mind paying for online, didn't mind it up until a certain point on live way back when. I mean on the PC people have done it with MMO's and that was much more a month. I don't see the whole big deal with it being less than 5 a month.
It's not the price more as it's doing a 180 on one of the advantages they've had over the 360 this gen,
I'm sure a lot of people bought a PS3 over a 360 solely because of the free online.
Subscription based things were always a turnoff to me to begin with, I wouldn't give a shit if it were 50 cents a month. I just despise the fact their doing a flip like this.

I'm sure they've had enough PS+ subscribers just because of all of the other advantages it gives, but online play shouldn't be one of them.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 am

Wing wrote:
Destructo wrote:Yeah, I don't care for free games. I just want free online play.

You really can't expect them to give you everything you want, free of charge.

I also want a 700 series card for free, but unfortunately, nvidia is making me pay for it.
these are different things.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:29 am

I need it on PS3 where I can't make physical copies of save games. Arage
Rex
Rex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:31 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:
War wrote:I don't mind paying for online, didn't mind it up until a certain point on live way back when. I mean on the PC people have done it with MMO's and that was much more a month. I don't see the whole big deal with it being less than 5 a month.
It's not the price more as it's doing a 180 on one of the advantages they've had over the 360 this gen,
I'm sure a lot of people bought a PS3 over a 360 solely because of the free online.
Subscription based things were always a turnoff to me to begin with, I wouldn't give a shit if it were 50 cents a month. I just despise the fact their doing a flip like this.

I'm sure they've had enough PS+ subscribers just because of all of the other advantages it gives, but online play shouldn't be one of them.

They bled money on the service. I mean Sony has been losing money on the service for a while. Money is money, and if Sony uses the money they get from PS+ liked they have used their other funds before we will only see an improvement in our abilities to play. I'm sorry I've never seen a reason to keep something like that free from the beginning. Not only that it is $10 cheaper than live 12 months which is $60 if I remember correctly. Sony could just say PS+ is only for online play, but instead they kept the program exactly the same with all the free games, discounted games, early access, etc. I bought my PS3 because I wanted to play the games I love, the free network was always second for me at least.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlightenment Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 am

Destructo wrote:
PS+ is a pretty good service.

My sister tried out the 3 month PS+ package and it's not that bad. The amount of free games is great and the discount prices are okay. Even though I don't use PS+, I don't mind paying less than 5 bucks a month. I just hope Sony will implement a plan that will allow consumers to choose how many months they want play online. It's shouldn't be the default 1 year or three months. It can be whatever the gamer wants.
Enlightenment
Enlightenment
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 am

i only tried it when sony gave it away for free due to that fuck up they had.
i regret not getting it and putting back ups of my saves on it...
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 am

Kinda sucks it's not a launch title but I'm excited for it none the less.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 am

War wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:

They bled money on the service. I mean Sony has been losing money on the service for a while. Money is money, and if Sony uses the money they get from PS+ liked they have used their other funds before we will only see an improvement in our abilities to play. I'm sorry I've never seen a reason to keep something like that free from the beginning. Not only that it is $10 cheaper than live 12 months which is $60 if I remember correctly. Sony could just say PS+ is only for online play, but instead they kept the program exactly the same with all the free games, discounted games, early access, etc. I bought my PS3 because I wanted to play the games I love, the free network was always second for me at least.
Can't wait to see WiiU+
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 am

i got infamous when they gave it away for free on PSN as an apology...
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:
Can't wait to see WiiU+

Really not a valid argument when Nintendo has no where near the online traffic cost that Sony has.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:37 am

War wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:
Can't wait to see WiiU+

Really not a valid argument when Nintendo has no where near the online traffic cost that Sony has.
How do you know?
Maybe they unintentionally overpay for their servers!
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 am

i wonder if xbox is gonna have all those great fanservice games that they're known for
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am

DeepThroat wrote:i got infamous when they gave it away for free on PSN as an apology...

Everyone got inFamous since it was the best game they were giving out.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlightenment Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am

Guys, let's talk about the Xbox One.

Spoiler:
Enlightenment
Enlightenment
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:
War wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:
Can't wait to see WiiU+

How do you know?

It's just common sense that Sony would have much higher online traffic costs, and to say that Nintendo a multi-billion dollar company is accidentally paying to much for their service is ludicrous they are a business, no business likes to bleed money.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:41 am

War wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:
War wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:
Can't wait to see WiiU+

How do you know?

It's just common sense that Sony would have much higher online traffic costs, and to say that Nintendo a multi-billion dollar company is accidentally paying to much for their service is ludicrous they are a business, no business likes to bleed money.
Just because I have to pay for something doesn't mean I have to like it.
I'll have to pay for it, but I won't like it.
Spoiler:
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am

Hollow wrote:
DeepThroat wrote:i got infamous when they gave it away for free on PSN as an apology...

Everyone got inFamous since it was the best game they were giving out.
i had to delete it though since i only had 80 gb and it was eating all my space
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am

As long as the money from PS+ is partly being circumvented back into the service I'm more than willing to pay it.
War
War
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am

Hollow wrote:Have they said the manufacturing cost?

GDDR5 isn't cheap.

Neither are custom high-end CPU/GPU boards.

Do you think that they pay retail for everything in the unit? That new expensive RAM is something that they're buying in bulk with a huge discount. Same as every other part.

By the way, the manufacturing cost is already estimated in the $330-$350 range.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Enlightenment Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:46 am

Okay aside from the Sony conference, was anyone excited for Battlefront? I really want to get it, but it's EA.........
Enlightenment
Enlightenment
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 am

Enlightenment wrote:Okay aside from the Sony conference, was anyone excited for Battlefront? I really want to get it, but it's EA.........
I am a little bit but again its EA
microtransaction are going to kill it appel
Cobalt
Cobalt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 am

Wing wrote:
Hollow wrote:Have they said the manufacturing cost?

GDDR5 isn't cheap.

Neither are custom high-end CPU/GPU boards.

Do you think that they pay retail for everything in the unit? That new expensive RAM is something that they're buying in bulk with a huge discount. Same as every other part.

By the way, the manufacturing cost is already estimated in the $330-$350 range.

I know they don't pay retail for the parts but I didn't know if they talked about the manufacturing costs.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next