Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013!

+15
Cosbuster
Hollow
Wing
MikuHatsune
Revy
ZappaBappa
CluelessNeko
Pai
Albatross
FullArmageddon
Keck282
IeptBarakat
DMCMaster
TopgunUK
saintcross
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013!

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:57 am

Then i must of read the wrong article because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that nexon announced a new movie too.

Still. Shes just too different... Her eye color has changed, it seems like the hairstyle has changed a bit too to look more like modern anime, and if this is a prequel to the show then it's probably not going to have Batou, togusa, borma, and the rest in it since they all met up when motoko had the older, current body. So no Tachikoma like we knew either. And most dissapointingly of all.. No yoko kanno. They ripped the heart of the show right out of there.

Atleast its still in the hands of I.G, thats something positive. Right? Guess we'l find out what this is all about in february.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013!

Post by MikuHatsune Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 am

^modern anime looks shit then lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:03 am

^ It does! Excluding a few shows that is.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 am

We all broken up about this but look on the bright side..........Wait it seem i can't find it now,but i will hopeful find it one of this days.

Last edited by CluelessNeko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 am

ZappaBappa wrote:Then i must of read the wrong article because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that nexon announced a new movie too.

The article mentioned that the game is a tie-in to the SAC series and the Solid State Society movie, there was no mention of a new Anime in it.

ZappaBappa wrote:Still. Shes just too different... Her eye color has changed, it seems like the hairstyle has changed a bit too to look more like modern anime, and if this is a prequel to the show then it's probably not going to have Batou, togusa, borma, and the rest in it since they all met up when motoko had the older, current body. So no Tachikoma like we knew either. And most dissapointingly of all.. No yoko kanno. They ripped the heart of the show right out of there.

This Anime is almost certainly a new take on the franchise that doesn't connect to SAC or any other iteration so far, all this speculation about it being a prequel to another part of the franchise has no real basis yet.

It probably will have Batou, Togusa, Aramaki and the others.

Can't be sure about the Tachikomas though, since they were SAC only (They were created to get around copyright conflicts with the Fuchikomas from the original Manga) though maybe Section 9 won't have Think Tanks at all like in the Oshii movies.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 am

I know it wasn't from that article, i read it over and over and your right. But i remember reading it somewhere else, not this article. I read somewhere that there was a mention of a new movie or series in the works. Just cant really recall where anymore. Its going to be impossible to find now that the actual series has been announced.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the Fuchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig? I think there wil be some kind of Think Tanks. Some sort of Spinoff Tachikoma, since they always made such a nice addition to SAC, characterwise and storywise.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 am

ZappaBappa wrote:Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the Fuchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig? I think there wil be some kind of Think Tanks. Some sort of Spinoff Tachikoma, since they always made such a nice addition to SAC, characterwise and storywise.

They had Uchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig and in SSS, they're another original Think Tank design.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am

TopgunUK wrote:
ZappaBappa wrote:Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the Fuchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig? I think there wil be some kind of Think Tanks. Some sort of Spinoff Tachikoma, since they always made such a nice addition to SAC, characterwise and storywise.

They had Uchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig and in SSS, they're another original Think Tank design.

I'm pretty sure they said those were Fuchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig. Least that is how it was dubbed.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 pm

WolfWood37 wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

I'm pretty sure they said those were Fuchikomas at the end of 2nd Gig. Least that is how it was dubbed.

Motoko says Fuchikoma in the English dub at the end of 2nd Gig (must've been a mistake), but in the Japanese audio she says Uchikoma.

And then there's: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3447/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex_-_Solid_State_Society_-_Uchikoma_no_Hibi

They aren't the same as Fuchikomas anyway besides the name difference, they look more similar to the Fuchikomas than the Tachikomas do but the Tachikomas act a lot more like the Fuchikomas than the Uchikomas do.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 am

What are the chances of this being bad?
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:13 am

Wing wrote:What are the chances of this being bad?

Given it's not SAC, I'd say moderately high.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

Is Production I.G. still the main production company?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes, they are, but really the specific individuals working on a project have more of an impact than the Studio name behind them.

The guys named so far do not fill me with confidence.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:14 am

TopgunUK wrote:Yes, they are, but really the specific individuals working on a project have more of an impact than the Studio name behind them.

The guys named so far do not fill me with confidence.

Maybe so, but in my opinion I.G. really knows how to put out quality product. As much as I want to rush to judgement when I see who isn't behind the scenes or Motoko's new look, I have to give it a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am

official youtube page apparently. Some people say the video on the front page is blocked in the us. But video on the front page is saying "Project Launch event of new GITS.Live streaming on Feb.12!"
https://www.youtube.com/GITSchannel
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DMCMaster Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:55 am

ZappaBappa wrote:official youtube page apparently. Some people say the video on the front page is blocked in the us. But video on the front page is saying "Project Launch event of new GITS.Live streaming on Feb.12!"
https://www.youtube.com/GITSchannel
It will also be streamed in english
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/ghost-in-the-shell-arise-anime-event-to-be-streamed-in-english/
DMCMaster
DMCMaster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saintcross Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

saintcross
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 pm

In conclusion, everything is wrong except Maaya Sakamoto Major.

I will continue to yearn for 3rd Gig.

Also, this is a 4 part theatrical OVA, 50 minutes for each part.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosbuster Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Not another 6-months-apart-multiple-part-OVA, please...
Cosbuster
Cosbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:02 pm

New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013! - Page 2 1360676844780

Really now, what in the name of unholy fuck did they do to Saito?

He was such a suave looking motherfucker in SAC.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

even im disappoint......
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:23 pm

at least its well animated, for the most part.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Albatross wrote:at least its well animated, for the most part.

Considering we're talking about animation from a trailer, and trailers almost always cherry pick, and SAC has better animation cuts that you could cherry pick, and this is a theatrical OVA versus SAC which was 26 episode TV seasons, it's not impressive at all.

But yeah, the fact that the animation didn't look bad in a trailer is something.. I guess.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pai Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 pm

everyone looks fucking weird. goddamn elevator music. THIS ISN'T THE GITS I KNOW AND LOVE.
Pai
Pai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://animefigures.us/

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 pm

TopgunUK wrote:New Ghost in the Shell Anime Announced For 2013! - Page 2 1360676844780

Really now, what in the name of unholy fuck did they do to Saito?

He was such a suave looking motherfucker in SAC.
i guess i could get use to this.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next