Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by saintcross on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 am


Author: Isayama Hajime
Status: On Going
Genre(s): Action, Post-Apocalyptic
Synopsis:
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Read Online
Manga-Updates
avatar
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 441
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Wing on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:19 am

This looks good, I'll check it out.
avatar
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 5257
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : The Occult Research Society

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Plue on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:05 am

I'll check it out. The premise doesn't really sound that interesting. Hopefully the giants are more in the morally grey, rather than just straight up black.

Do you mind posting some pages that display action?
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by -Thanatos- on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 am

Plue wrote:I'll check it out. The premise doesn't really sound that interesting. Hopefully the giants are more in the morally grey, rather than just straight up black.

Do you mind posting some pages that display action?

As of now the Titans are pretty much still just straight evil. It's leading up to diving farther into the mythology of them though, so more should be learned about them and their motivations.

avatar
-Thanatos-
Member
Member

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by saintcross on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:22 am

Plue wrote:I'll check it out. The premise doesn't really sound that interesting. Hopefully the giants are more in the morally grey, rather than just straight up black.

Do you mind posting some pages that display action?

At the moment everything is still pretty unclear, the titans still seem pretty much evil but the recent chapters are gearing towards some sort of explanation.






Can't really post more since a lot of the action scenes have a lot of spoilers in them (someone dying or something)


avatar
saintcross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 441
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Dolorous- on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

And there went my entire day. Definitely not a bad manga, thus far.
avatar
Dolorous-
Member
Member

Posts : 82
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by 2-D on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Sounds a bit like Gantz to me.
avatar
2-D
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 979
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 23
Location : Here, there and everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 am

Okay bumping this.

I'm completely caught up with the manga and....I have theories. For those who are caught up read on, otherwise dont read the spoilers.

Spoiler:
1. All of the titans that have attacked during the night...and quite frankly all titans in general...are or used to be humans. My evidence comes from Connie's encounter at home and the fact that there is no breach of the wall. Now how they all mangaed to turn overnight, no idea.

2. Eren's dad is the current leader of the titans or at least is a big higher up in the titan hierarchy.

3. Religion, the human royalty, higher ups, etc are in collusion with the titans. Think in Fullmetal Alchemist between the military higher ups and the homonculi/Father. I can't figure how else Religion and the rest of these conspirators would manage to be able to gather so many colossal titans as pieces for the walls.

4. Ymir is part of the bad guy hierarchy, or at least used to be I think. Anyone remember the side story with Ilse Langner and the talking titan? It said Ymir-sama.
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TopgunUK on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 am

Spoiler:
Point 1 at least seems pretty self-evident.

Monkey Trouble might've been the one to make it happen, or Eren's dad with his injections.

And I never noticed that the talking Titan had said Ymir.

Probably because even though I re-read most of it and caught up a few days ago, Ymir wasn't named until quite late in the Manga, long after the talking titan said the name, so it didn't seem significant at the time.
avatar
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6023
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 am

TopgunUK wrote:
Spoiler:
Point 1 at least seems pretty self-evident.

Monkey Trouble might've been the one to make it happen, or Eren's dad with his injections.

And I never noticed that the talking Titan had said Ymir.

Probably because even though I re-read most of it and caught up a few days ago, Ymir wasn't named until quite late in the Manga, long after the talking titan said the name, so it didn't seem significant at the time.

Yeah I just did a full day of reading so Ymir was fresh in my mind.
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by CluelessNeko on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 am

WolfWood37 wrote:Okay bumping this.

I'm completely caught up with the manga and....I have theories. For those who are caught up read on, otherwise dont read the spoilers.

Spoiler:
1. All of the titans that have attacked during the night...and quite frankly all titans in general...are or used to be humans. My evidence comes from Connie's encounter at home and the fact that there is no breach of the wall. Now how they all mangaed to turn overnight, no idea.

2. Eren's dad is the current leader of the titans or at least is a big higher up in the titan hierarchy.

3. Religion, the human royalty, higher ups, etc are in collusion with the titans. Think in Fullmetal Alchemist between the military higher ups and the homonculi/Father. I can't figure how else Religion and the rest of these conspirators would manage to be able to gather so many colossal titans as pieces for the walls.

4. Ymir is part of the bad guy hierarchy, or at least used to be I think. Anyone remember the side story with Ilse Langner and the talking titan? It said Ymir-sama.
Spoiler:
I thought the same thing for #1
avatar
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 8357
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere near by.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TranClan67 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 pm

avatar
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 25
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TopgunUK on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm


It's funny because when I saw the second episode of the Anime I didn't even remember the armoured titan being in the Manga.

And here's this guy working it out back before I even knew there was anything to work out.
avatar
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6023
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:59 am

great call, now I wonder if there are others.
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TranClan67 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:02 am

TopgunUK wrote:

It's funny because when I saw the second episode of the Anime I didn't even remember the armoured titan being in the Manga.

And here's this guy working it out back before I even knew there was anything to work out.
Same here. For some reason I don't remember the Armoured Titan attacking the wall with Colossus(I forgot the name so whatever)
avatar
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 25
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TopgunUK on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 am

TranClan67 wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

It's funny because when I saw the second episode of the Anime I didn't even remember the armoured titan being in the Manga.

And here's this guy working it out back before I even knew there was anything to work out.
Same here. For some reason I don't remember the Armoured Titan attacking the wall with Colossus(I forgot the name so whatever)

In the Anime it got that awesome scene with tons of emphasis.

In the Manga it got a couple of poorly drawn panels.
avatar
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 6023
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by CluelessNeko on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:03 am

I was doing some research.In i think Wolf theory is right,
avatar
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 8357
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere near by.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 am

CluelessNeko wrote:I was doing some research.In i think Wolf theory is right,

Which one?
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by CluelessNeko on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am

WolfWood37 wrote:
CluelessNeko wrote:I was doing some research.In i think Wolf theory is right,

Which one?

Spoiler:
Mainly 1 and 2. Going do some more research.
avatar
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 8357
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere near by.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Wing on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am

Just read chapters 42-44.

Spoiler:
WHOA! SHIT! DUDE! WHOA! FUCK! DAMN! WHOA! SHIT!
WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!!!!
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

That concludes my analysis.
avatar
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 5257
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : The Occult Research Society

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 am

yeah, where are you guys finding chapter 44?
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Wing on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 am

Right here, bro.
avatar
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 5257
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 24
Location : The Occult Research Society

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by WolfWood37 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 am

thank you, there was nothing on manga panda or manga reader.

EDIT: Read 44, Eren you are a badass, but you might want to let go now...
avatar
WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3003
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by TranClan67 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:39 pm

WolfWood37 wrote:great call, now I wonder if there are others.
Well I'm gonna call it now just because I can.
I will bet on there being other human areas just further beyond. And that some of these settlements are
Spoiler:
regular human ones like where this takes place and others will be occupied by Human/Titan ones.
Or it can be something similar to how Claymore was setup in how it takes place on an island designed for experimentation.

Calling it because I lose nothing if I do and also it's a common trope.
avatar
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 792
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 25
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by CluelessNeko on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 am

Just get back reading this manga.
Did the anime put everything in order?
avatar
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 8357
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere near by.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin - the best manga you're not reading.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum