Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

+7
Albatross
Keck282
LastBlues
Kyu
NoblePhantasm
Wing
Killaman16
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Empty Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

Post by Killaman16 Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 am

I guess I'll be the first to post here. Whenever I get the chance to scan some of my new anime drawings and ones I have been working on I will upload them here. As always, I'm open to any criticism that you guys have of them. To start this, here's some of my previous work I uploaded on the Old AF:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Myanimedrawings005

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Myanimedrawings006

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Img002

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Myanimedrawings007

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Img001

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Animedrawing

These guys are part of my team of antagonists in my series that I am working on still. And here's a concept of a poster I wanted to make during summer break but I was too lazy to do it:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Animedrawing001
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Empty Re: Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

Post by Wing Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 am

I can't draw at all, my handwriting is awful.

Are there any black characters?
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Empty Re: Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback]

Post by Killaman16 Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:51 am

Wing wrote:I can't draw at all, my handwriting is awful.

Are there any black characters?
We all gotta start from somewhere. My older drawings looked like complete ass before that nowadays I can't stand to look at them. Here's one of my early works:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] 09-19-2006070607PM

Looks really amateurish compared to my latest works today. You just gotta keep at it til find your own rhythm and style. Also, are asking if my characters are black? Well in my last drawing I posted the two guys down there are, and the chick with one eye closed is (and believe it or not, that's their grandma).
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 am

I started to get better when I took a pencil art class freshman year, but I stopped drawing shortly afterward and I lost all the ability I had gained.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 am

You draw as well as a white person would. Oh wait.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:You draw as well as a white person would. Oh wait.
I see what you did there. BTW show me an example of a drawing a black person would do then since you know so much about this stuff.

Spoiler:
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyu Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 am

Puts my stick figures to shame.
Kyu
Kyu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : QT3.14, Bitchiboo ≠ ∞ ♥ ★☆ ✿ ♫ ♪ ☆ ∑ ◕3◕❍ᴥ❍ಠ̯ಠ_ಠ(• ̀ω•́)(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)( ͝° ͜ʖ ͝°)( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:54 am

the only thing I would point out if that some of your character's lower body area is not exactly in proportion with the upper half.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 am

Fuck yeah, I can. Behold.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] 9231689-a-child-s-drawing-of-a-watermelon-gouache-paint-scanned
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 am

NoblePhantasm wrote:Fuck yeah, I can. Behold.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] 9231689-a-child-s-drawing-of-a-watermelon-gouache-paint-scanned
Oh U!
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm

My honest opinion might be a big brutal, but it should help you on where you can focus next. Now to state things at the outset, I can't really draw, but I hang out at my school's Graphic Novel Society enough, that I can give some pointers for places to work on.

Your characters' arms have some weird proportions and bend bend very rigidly (See pic 4).

Pic 5 has some weird foreshortening that makes the arms and legs look a bit deformed. Foreshortening is a bitch, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

The lower half on all of your characters need some work, whether that be giving them a waist, more thighs, an ass, whatever. It looks weird for a top heavy woman to have a slim waist and no ass.

Faces need some work, as they look like they are recessed a bit more that what a normal face would be recessed into.

But over all it is a much greater improvement over that last pic you showed from your early works. Keep on working on your stuff and you will get better. You will eventually find your style and it will become you.

My friend has kind of settled on a water color type style without really knowing that she did it. She says her work isn't that good, but I beg to differ (artists just being humble). She creates really fantastic lips.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm going to be uploading some of my newer works I worked on earlier this semester now that I have found my flash drive.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:15 am

Okay, after having to go over my drawing with a darker pencil, here's one of my latest works:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] IMG

The hand and is pretty fucked up but I wanted to have a first concept for this guy I could work with in the future.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 am

Oh see through hair. Takes me back to 90s anime.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 am

Keck282 wrote:Oh see through hair. Takes me back to 90s anime.
It's mostly for concept purposes as my character has a cybernetic eye behind his hair.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Albatross Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:12 am

Try forgetting about anime/manga drawing for a while and focus on drawing from real life, don't thinks it's too hard just keep doing it. I only give this advice so you can understand the basis behind drawing anime, it's just a simplifed way of drawing. Jumping straight to this style is not a good idea, for the most part. As for a tip, try controlling your pulse and pressure in your pencil.
Albatross
Albatross
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am

Well currently I'm taking figure drawing classes (I'm currently working on a project right now) at a community college to help improve my drawing skills and also expand my artwork to more realistic works than just anime. The one difficult problem I have when I transfer what I learned in those classes to anime form trying to combine realistic anatomy with fantasy characters (like the awkward foreshortening I tried with my previous drawing). These classes did make me wanna experiment more with my drawings and try different mediums, poses, and other stuff but I do see what you're getting at.

Not sure though what you mean with the pencil part but if it's an issue with darkening my drawings it's mostly so the scanner will pick it up.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 am

I'm now starting a new drawing and this time I'm going try doing the anatomy better (mainly with the lower portions I keep having trouble with). Here's what I have so far but I'm planning on reworking the torso:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] DSCF1241-1
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 am

It's hard to figure out your anatomy problems where the pencil lines are light and there are weird shadows and glare on the image.

You are improving, so keep it up.

By the way, what style of faces do you like to draw: round or angular faces?
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeah I had to take a picture of it with a camera from above since the graphite pencil I'm using is too light for my scanner to pick it up. As for faces, I think I do prefer to do round ones but it mostly depends on what I imagine what my character will look like.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bruceWayne Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 am

if you have photoshop (or gimp i guess it works too) you can make those light pencils darker by messing around with levels (ctrl+L) .
bruceWayne
bruceWayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 am

Now that my finals are done, I can continue work on my current drawing and trash another that looks like crap. In the meantime here's some drawings that I worked on before my last uploaded one. These drawings may look unfinished though:

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Sc0000

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Sc

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Sc0001

This last drawing was a concept test drawing for a robot character I was trying to make. Looks really sloppy but I was trying to figure out a good design for him.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Might I suggest that you darken your lines if you upload them here. Light pencil doesn't really show up when you upload the photos.
Keck282
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah that's what I usually do though I thought the scanner I used would've picked them up better. No matter, my next drawing I'm working on should show up when I scan it.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Okay, after a ton of procrastination due to Netflix, Sonic Generations, and Dark Souls I finally got around to finishing that drawing I was working on. It's pencil (graphite with a darkening pencil) on sketch pad paper.

Killaman Anime/Manga Drawing Works - [Gallery + Feedback] Myanimedrawings-1

I tried to make it look a bit more realistic and I'm pretty sure I failed in that regard so I went "fuck it" and worked on my own style. I kinda added that sword at the last minute so I know it looks crappy.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next