Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Light Novel] Spice & Wolf

+11
Seacow
adopamop
Pegs
WolfandSpice
CluelessNeko
domene
leavy
ZappaBappa
ASecondChance
TopgunUK
FullArmageddon
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Light Novel] Spice & Wolf Empty [Light Novel] Spice & Wolf

Post by FullArmageddon Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:49 pm

[Light Novel] Spice & Wolf Wolf [Light Novel] Spice & Wolf Capture-8

The life of a traveling merchant is a lonely one, a fact with which Kraft Lawrence is well acquainted. Wandering from town to town with just his horse, cart, and whatever wares have come his way, the peddler has pretty well settled into his routine—that is, until the night Lawrence finds a wolf goddess asleep in his cart. Taking the form of a fetching girl with wolf ears and a tail, Holo has wearied of tending to harvests in the countryside and strikes up a bargain with the merchant to lend him the cunning of “Holo the Wisewolf” to increase his profits in exchange for taking her along on his travels. What kind of businessman could turn down such an offer? Lawrence soon learns, though, that having an ancient goddess as a traveling companion can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Will this wolf girl turn out to be too wild to tame?

Post your email here to receive updates & details on the latest releases.

How much of the light novels did the anime cover?
Season 1 - ep. 01-06 :: volume 1
Season 1 - ep. 07 (OVA) :: volume 7, chapter 2
Season 1 - ep. 08-13 :: volume 2
Season 2 - ep. 00 (OVA) :: volume 7, chapter 3
Season 2 - ep. 01-06 :: volume 3
Season 2 - ep. 07-12 :: volume 5

As you can see, the anime skipped volume 4.

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 50 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

[Light Novel] Spice & Wolf Empty Re: [Light Novel] Spice & Wolf

Post by TopgunUK Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Damn, I thought it would have been further ahead of where the Animu left off than this.

:(
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:36 am

Well it's only been two weeks since they started the project and they're already done with the prologue and almost done with chapter 1 of volume 6. If they keep this up, it won't take them long to finish this volume since it only has 6 chapters (not including the epilogue). At least they'll be releasing way faster than Yen Press does.

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 am

Well, it's good news that someone's picked this back up, but I was just under the impression that it was further along than this even before the Novels got licensed.

I got a PDF of Volume 4 and started reading that for now since it was skipped by the Animu.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ASecondChance Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 am

nice. is there any word on the anime?

i guess i should start reading Lnovels....
ASecondChance
ASecondChance

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Volume 6 is complete. Note that this is not the final version. The final version will be a PDF that includes all illustrations and will fix any grammatical errors. It should be released in the next couple days.

Considering they get adequate donations, new volumes will be released every 3-4 weeks (1-2 chapters per week - versus Yen Press releasing one volume every 6 months).

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 am

Added 3 new chapters.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 am

After finishing the anime i looked into the novels and ran across Volume 3 which was talking about that Little blonde boy that swindled holo from lawrance, whos name i cant remember right now. So i figured 4 was gonna go on where the anime left off since The whole story in Tereo wasnt even in the anime. So after purchasing Volume 5 and reading into it a bit i started recognizing some of the events... i rushed towards the end and yep... Volume 5 was the ending of season 2.. It doesnt matter that much since i own all of the volumes out so far. But 4 Was certainly misleading...

Thanks for the download link of Volume 6!

Many thanks to yen-press for publishing this outside of japan, but a half year between releases is seriously stupid..
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 am

ZappaBappa wrote:half year between releases is seriously stupid..
Completely agree. That's why a fan group is currently working on it. I'll still buy the Yen Press releases, but I'm not going to wait until 2017 to finish reading the series.

The anime completely skipped volume 4 and season two ends at the end of volume 5. Volume 7 is a filler volume and not part of the main story, so they skipped it
(2 chapters were also adapted in the anime, see chart below). Personally, volume 6 is my least favorite book in the series because not much happens in it, but volume 8 is turning out to be very enjoyable.

How much of the light novels did the anime cover?
Season 1 - ep. 01-06 :: volume 1
Season 1 - ep. 07 (OVA) :: volume 7, chapter 2
Season 1 - ep. 08-13 :: volume 2
Season 2 - ep. 00 (OVA) :: volume 7, chapter 3
Season 2 - ep. 01-06 :: volume 3
Season 2 - ep. 07-12 :: volume 5

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am

They just need to get on with season 3 already. Everybody knows its going to happen sometime.. Its just when. The series was received very good as far as i can tell, and theres plenty of people that are begging for a season 3. Me included

And yep. i realised that a bit too late with Volume 5.. i brought it along on a trip. i was anticipating it.. i wanted to read the story on! But as i got more into it, i just started noticing things that i already recognized. The biggest giveaway was the first time they talked about Eve while in disguise. I didnt figure it out yet until they went on a little further and started planning the deal... Its so strange, how different the story experience becomes when your reading a novel or watching the show... Unless you've watched the show shortly after reading it, you wont notice until some of the key events start taking place.

I started reading the text, but i hate the whole gap between sentences.. makes it kinda look like a cluster. Or maybe i'm just using the wrong program to read it.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:44 am

ZappaBappa wrote:I started reading the text, but i hate the whole gap between sentences.. makes it kinda look like a cluster. Or maybe i'm just using the wrong program to read it.
If you're using Notepad to read, select: Format -> Word Wrap. That way you won't have to scroll left and right. For volume 6 I recommend reading the PDF or the ePUB (you can read ePUB on any iOS or Android device and adjust the font size, color, and background color. See this thread for the download and recommended reading apps). As for volume 8, you might just want to wait until it's done and they release the PDF. It should only be a couple of weeks until it's done.

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I just got an Email that volume 6 Wil be releasing on March 27th.. But amazon still says june 26. Already Pre-ordered it, so hopefully i'l get it early. Or it means that yen press is finally stepping up their game and releasing them more often.

Actually, nevermind this is the manga that has the exact same cover as the novel... GAH

Where exactly is the manga at? Same part of ending of season 2? Wil it be the same story as the novel?
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leavy Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Hey,
I would like to ask, why it isn't possible to download Volume 6 through Mediafire?
It shows to me that it is standing at private mode.
Please can you help me?
I can't wait to read this and it pains me now, that I couldn't -.-
leavy
leavy

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorry about that. Download links are fixed. Also, volume 8 is now complete.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

I just got Volume 6 Manga. And holy shit the manga is FAR behind... This one was just released and it takes place during the travelling through the wolf infested forrest with the giant wolf... How can they be so far behind!
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leavy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:42 am

Well,
do you know, how long it takes just to draw one chapter for Mangas?
When you see One Piece, there is a Chapter once a week, and Oda has many people, who helps him to make it in time.
Spice and Wolf is a another story. There you have a not an schedule for one Chapter per week, because its just impossible.
Have you had a look at the drawings?
They are just incredible and additional the Mangaka has made it so, that the drawings would have shadows and it so beautiful just to see the pictures, that i don't see a problem with the time it takes to draw the Manga.
Besides, its just a Main-Mangaka with a view assisting people. They want do make the whole Light Novel Volumes in a Manga, and something like this takes TIME! And this project has started 2007 in Japan, so here can you see, just how long it takes to draw this.

So, what do you want? When you want to see the story in an Manga, then wait until it comes out. When you can't wait, search for another Manga.

So with best regards, happy waiting or have fun at another Manga.
leavy
leavy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 am

Oh i know. But after you've finished the anime, and read the light novels, you just cant help but want more of the series. And specially after seeing how slow yen press releases have been i was hoping the manga would be up to date. But its sadly still quite a bit behind. I know it takes allot of work to create these, and the chapters are greatly detailed, but waiting for a continuation of the anime just stinks since its been two and a half years already with still no word. :(
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by domene Thu May 17, 2012 5:41 am

Could you send me light read 6,7,8 plz i could not download them my Mail is mddomene@gmail.com plz i love the series and sorry to Bother.
domene
domene

Back to top Go down

Post by domene Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 am

And the links are set in private.
domene
domene

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

This is not where you post your email to get updates. Go to the link I provided in the OP.

The download links have been updated. Also, I've added volume 9. It is not the final version of volume 9 - it still needs to undergo some QC. Final version should be out soon.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am

Oh cool I have to check this out.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfandSpice Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, I'm the email assistant and proof reader of the S&W fan tl team. I would appreciate it if the dl links could be removed, because we want to only have one location to for them to be obtained. This will increase our chances of surviving.

However I wouldn't mind if this thread was used to help collect emails to add onto the update list.

Please respond asap, thank you.
WolfandSpice
WolfandSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Links removed for now, but I would still like to provide our users with DL links in the near future for easy access. For now I'll just ask users to post their email here and I"ll post their emails on your mailing list thread on your forums so you don't have to keep checking here. If you don't mind, I'll probably end up mirroring the completed volumes here in the future but I won't link directly to your forum. I've also removed any key words from the entire thread (including your post) such as "d0wn10ad" or "tr@nsl@ti0n" to get us off the google search results. Once the google crawler hits our site again we shouldn't be showing up on any search results. Until that happens I won't mirror anything here. I'll also encourage users that sign up for the mailing list to donate to the project.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfandSpice Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Well I hope you don't mind if I stick around. I like the forum layout here. As for DL links in the future, It would be nice if we received traffic to our transl@tion forum so people can join the community there. The idea is to keep traffic steady on the Transl@tion forum we use at the moment. We are planning on moving the forum to a better designed one eventually.

So for the DL links topic we can discuss at a later time. Preferably on the teamspeak we provide on the translation forum.
WolfandSpice
WolfandSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Definitely don't mind if you stick around, we always welcome new members.

As for the DL links, I think I'll actually wait until you're done with the entire project (up to volume 17) before I consider mirroring them here. If our users really want the releases now, they can sign up for the mailing list.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next