Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

+9
BrandonBandicoot
jayden63
ZappaBappa
Revy
FullArmageddon
MikuHatsune
GhostCell
CluelessNeko
TopgunUK
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Empty [Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Post by TopgunUK Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 pm

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 20120331_eclipse01

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Spin off from this VN

Producers: Satelight, Avex Entertainment, Ixtl
Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Military

Synopsis:
In the year 1973, alien species known as BETA (Beings of Extra Terrestrial origin which are Adversaries of humanity) invaded Earth, after wiping out humanity’s lunar research and military installations. 28 years later, most of the Eurasian continent has been laid waste and stripped bare and the global population has been reduced to one billion. As previous military strategies and tactics were catastrophically ineffective against the BETA, the human race began to develop piloted robot weapons called “Tactical Surface Fighters” (TSFs).

Thus in 2001, elite pilots around the world start to gather at a UN base in Alaska named Yukon to participate in Project Prominence. This project is a multinational effort handled by the United Nations on research and development of TSFs against BETA, and the job of the pilots is to test the prototypes, which occasionally involves pitting one against another.

Second Lieutenant Yuuya Bridges is a maverick and top pilot in the US armed services with a disdain towards Japan, due to his Japanese father leaving him and his mother. Assigned to Yukon by exasperated superiors keen on sending him away, among pilots of various nationalities, he may come to grips with his blood heritage.

Meanwhile across the globe events in the anti-BETA war are moving swiftly, and Yuuya with his comrades may soon be called upon to perform an assignment with no return…

I'm making this thread now for two reasons:

1. I have Muv-Luv on the brain having finished the VNs recently.

2. Because fuck you, Furball, you can't have 'em all!

Anyway I don't know if it'll be any good but it's set in the MLA universe so I'mma watch it anyway.

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1339687847008
[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1339687743576
[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Betasize
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Empty Re: [Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Post by CluelessNeko Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Yeah USA is ok.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Empty Re: [Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Post by GhostCell Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Robots + Tits what can possibly go wrong?
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Topgun made it sound awesome, so let me get this straight alaska is russian territory? also how come england is always last to get invaded i mean this time they came from space the english channel aint stopping them
Eliminate india and china, BAM! half the earths population, smart
Lastly no one likes africa
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 pm

The Americans gave the Soviets back Alaska. That way they can use them as a buffer between them and the BETA.

Most of Canada is irradiated because the second hive landed there and the US destroyed it immediately with a concentrated nuclear strike.

The BETA are actually tactically and strategically retarded for reasons that become apparent later on in the Alternative VN, the only reason humanity's still around is because the BETA don't even consider humans to be intelligent life, they don't even understand that they're at war, humans are just in the way as far as they're concerned.

The English channel wouldn't stop them because they can just walk across the sea floor, but the combined EU forces fell back to Great Britain and continue to hold the line, though in this PV for the still untranslated spin off Chronicles VNs (one of which is Total Eclipse) you can see that the BETA are already fucking up London.

And yes, it seems even the BETA don't want Africa.

TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:21 am

nothings in africa.....but diseases Asmile
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:38 am

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1340412559418

Voice cast.

The music from the PV is an instrumental version of the ED apparently.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:11 am

btw just to clarify, what exactly are the weapons of the enemy? tentacles?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:04 am

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Know_Your_Enemy2-3
https://2img.net/h/i28.photobucket.com/albums/c211/FullArmageddon/Know_Your_Enemy2.jpg

The Laser Class BETA are the biggest danger because they basically made air superiority useless, which is why the development of the TSFs has basically been this universe's version of Fighter plane/Jets (most of them are named after Fighters in our world and they're made by bogus companies with names like "Lockweed Mardin" lol).

The Laser class BETA also intercept artillery and missiles so the humans developed anti laser shells that they always fire in the first volley which are meant to be hit by the lasers, when they explode they form clouds of heavy metals which once thick enough are enough to block the laser class from intercepting the real artillery strike.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 am

ha, so what year is this set on? and of course its a parallel universe then i assume where like you said jets are shit and mobi-....i mean TSFs reign supreme?

edit: ah didnt see the 28 years later part
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:20 am

It took about 2 mintues for that image to load for me. I edited it with a more compressed version. Also, that last one... has a giant vagina.

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Know_Your_Enemy2-3

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 am

Muv-Luv Alternative is set in 2001, this is set in the same year, but before MLA starts.

It's a parallell universe that first split off from ours at around the end of WW2, Japan surrendered and the US dropped nukes on Berlin instead.

The space race progressed much more quickly and shiz, after the BETA arrived on Earth Fighter Jets were pretty much entirely replaced by TSFs, they're capable of ground combat and Nap of Earth flight (which is low enough to avoid getting completely fucked by lasers most of the time) so best of both worlds, they're also able to traverse the terrain inside hives unlike other land vehicles.

FullArmageddon wrote:Also, that last one... has a giant vagina.

Yes, yes it does.

How far did you get in MLA btw?
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 am

TopgunUK wrote:How far did you get in MLA btw?
I just started playing it again. I just looked at the last save date and it was 1/29, I didn't think it had been that long. I can't remember exactly where I am, I'm sure I'll remember after a few minutes of reading.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:59 am

That Fort-class Beta looks cool.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:48 am

dude....15 on the mohs scale thats like thousands of times stronger than diamond wtfffff
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 am

How long will this be?
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 am

MikuHatsune wrote:dude....15 on the mohs scale thats like thousands of times stronger than diamond wtfffff

The scale doesn't work like that, mang.

It's just an order ranking, so it could be a million times as strong as diamond or it could be less than twice as strong as diamond as long as there are another four minerals added to the scale in between diamond and the BETA armour.

New slightly different version of PV.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessNeko Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 am

So this is alll mech with a little bit of ecchi.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote:dude....15 on the mohs scale thats like thousands of times stronger than diamond wtfffff

The scale doesn't work like that, mang.

It's just an order ranking, so it could be a million times as strong as diamond or it could be less than twice as strong as diamond as long as there are another four minerals added to the scale in between diamond and the BETA armour.

oh thats good....was gonna say.....shit lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:57 am

ED.

Watched a raw stream, the animation is even more budget-starved than I expected, and the OP(which they used as the ED this time) is fucking terrible.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am

[Anime] Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse WlYO4

Yup.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 am

Suiting up scene probably swallowed half the budget. Priorities.

Oh, and the LN isn't translated yet, but this entire ep was Anime original, so just in case there weren't enough death flags, all deese girls gonna die next ep.

Except Yui.

Edit:
Spoiler:
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 pm

This was very interesting! Great first episode! Kinda looking forward to the second one now. How many episodes have been confirmed so far?
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZappaBappa Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:03 am

Think i'm just gonna wait until the blu-ray comes out... They're censoring gore already.. :(
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:10 am

Apparently there'll be an uncensored airing in a few days.

But for the majority of this sidestory I doubt there'll be much of the kind of thing seen in the last ep.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next