Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Chat Version 14, Make War Not Love

+27
Kevinthewiseone
ZoomTranquilty
Plue
Zuly
GhostCell
Wing
warmaster
Biokinetica
Nilt
Keck282
Killaman16
Revy
ASecondChance
PT-Desu
Rex
Albatross
FullArmageddon
CluelessNeko
TopgunUK
IeptBarakat
2-D
NoblePhantasm
Destructo
Kyu
MikuHatsune
LastBlues
BrandonBandicoot
31 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version 14, Make War Not Love - Page 37 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version 14, Make War Not Love

Post by TopgunUK Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Killaman16 wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
Killaman16 wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:That guy's right about streaming, Killa.

And he's right about the downloading Blu-Ray quality episodes in less than half an hour too.

And with HD TVrips for stuff that's airing it takes literally about 5 minutes.

I bet the response to Toonami on /a/ is killing you.
Anf Anf Anf Anf Anf Anf Anf
I see what your doing.

Telling the truth?

The average 720P TV rip animu episode is around 300MB

A well seeded torrent maxes out at 1.1 MB/s for me.

That means less than 300 seconds or 5 minutes for one episode.

And with stuff that isn't airing I download well in advance, not that it wouldn't take just a matter of minutes to get the first episode anyway.

Edit: Oh I didn't realise that he apparently said "half a minute", if that's what you mean.
Yeah in the time it takes for me to download an episode, I could be watching anime instantly in good quality on Netflix. And it autobuffers while your watching it meaning that your viewing isn't interrupted by a loading bar every now and then. Depending on your internet connection the quality stays pretty consistent while your viewing. Obviously you would download anime that's currently airing but you can't deny Netflix's convenience and quality for a stream. For old anime like some of the ones I'm watching on Netflix (Birdy, Darker Than Black, Baccano) are probably not well seeded and will take some time to download so why should I wait when they're offered on Netflix and at good quality? I'm not some sub elitist faggot weeaboo so I don't mind watching dubs as long as it got good voices. That guy I was arguing with was talking right out of his ass the entire time, you would have to have some really really fucking good internet connection to be able to download a high quality anime episode in half a minute which I still call bullshit on. Plus, his argument became invalid when he start calling me names and kept sticking his head up his ass while going "lallalalalalala I can't hear you".

Well, I don't work like that, I don't feel the need to see a show the very minute I consider watching it, I decide I'll watch a series in the future and then download the whole thing days, weeks or months in advance, in the meantime if I want to watch something right away I watch the shows I have already downloaded.

I've been working through my backlog for a while now without adding much to it and I still have a few hundred unwatched episodes from several shows on my HDD ready to play at any time should the mood strike me.

And as for dubs, I'm open to them (I prefer some of my favourite shows dubbed), but I do recognise that most aren't good, and I wouldn't want to have my options limited.

Recently I decided that I wanted to watch Baccano dubbed (I watched it subbed the first time) so what did I do? I went back to the Baccano folder I created 2 years ago when I first watched it, started the first episode and switched the audio track to english, since it was a dual audio torrent.

Downloads provide better quality, when you want to continue watching a show it's right there on your HDD, sometimes they come with extras like multiple audio tracks, etc.

The time thing is largely irrelevant because in the long run you can save far more time by downloading.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Chat Version 14, Make War Not Love - Page 37 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat Version 14, Make War Not Love

Post by IeptBarakat Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 pm

I stream anime. Fuck the haters.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't even watch anime. Fuck all of you.
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyu Tue May 22, 2012 11:54 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:I don't even watch anime. Fuck all of you.
I'm with this guy.
Kyu
Kyu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : QT3.14, Bitchiboo ≠ ∞ ♥ ★☆ ✿ ♫ ♪ ☆ ∑ ◕3◕❍ᴥ❍ಠ̯ಠ_ಠ(• ̀ω•́)(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)( ͝° ͜ʖ ͝°)( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 am

TopgunUK wrote:

Well, I don't work like that, I don't feel the need to see a show the very minute I consider watching it, I decide I'll watch a series in the future and then download the whole thing days, weeks or months in advance, in the meantime if I want to watch something right away I watch the shows I have already downloaded.

I've been working through my backlog for a while now without adding much to it and I still have a few hundred unwatched episodes from several shows on my HDD ready to play at any time should the mood strike me.

And as for dubs, I'm open to them (I prefer some of my favourite shows dubbed), but I do recognise that most aren't good, and I wouldn't want to have my options limited.

Recently I decided that I wanted to watch Baccano dubbed (I watched it subbed the first time) so what did I do? I went back to the Baccano folder I created 2 years ago when I first watched it, started the first episode and switched the audio track to english, since it was a dual audio torrent.

Downloads provide better quality, when you want to continue watching a show it's right there on your HDD, sometimes they come with extras like multiple audio tracks, etc.

The time thing is largely irrelevant because in the long run you can save far more time by downloading.
Well that's your preference for watching stuff. For me, I don't really decide if I want to watch a series in the future nor download them months or weeks in advance for it but I see what your saying it terms of storing anime for future viewing. But if I just want to watch the series in its whole without really caring about storing it and if its already offered on Netflix, it's hard to argue between watching instantly or taking an unknown amount of time depending on seeders downloading it. Plus the quality is pretty damn good, Baka to Test had such good quality that it was like watching BluRay quality. TO each their own though, at least you provide good arguments to back up what you say unlike that one troll last night.

http://drinkify.org/
1. Put name of the artist behind your favorite opening
2. Follow instructions
3. ????
4. Drink.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 12:36 am

forever alone~
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siR0tj3qHT0

The number one mmorpg that should have been f2p.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 12:43 am

would they make more money if they made it f2p with micro transactions? cause sometimes micro transactions break the game because people who have money to spend and dont care how much they do spend will be more OP than the other players
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 am

It depends on how you implement it of course. If say, you suck at making games and you let people buy items to outperform other players in combat, then yes it's going to break the game.

The easiest routes are, cosmetic, paid exclusive content, boosters, and visual flair. Or a vip system like city of heroes has.
IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 am

yeah that would be good, cause in the mmo i play people who dish out like 100 bucks a month have fukin OP weapons from upgrading and what not
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Wed May 23, 2012 12:59 am

10 oz. Cocaine
10 oz. Club soda

Thanks, Drinkify!
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Wed May 23, 2012 1:20 am

morni....afternoon?
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 1:23 am

afternoon
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 am

how's the class dink?
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

i dont know how are you?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

I am doing fine.

bored.
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 am

Adur
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastBlues Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 am

gtfo
LastBlues
LastBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 am

lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 am

NoblePhantasm wrote: 10 oz. Cocaine
10 oz. Club soda

Thanks, Drinkify!
lol who did you put in?
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 am

Voltaire
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 am

Cuntaire.

NoblePhantasm wrote:Voltaire

Ninja'd
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 am

Voltaire was a k philosopher.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by NoblePhantasm Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 am

Fuck both of you :3
NoblePhantasm
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Wed May 23, 2012 2:18 am

both fuck you~
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next