Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Elfin Leid a bad anime?

+6
TopgunUK
GhostCell
BrandonBandicoot
FullArmageddon
ZappaBappa
ArturiaSaber
10 posters

Go down

Is Elfin Leid a bad anime? Empty Is Elfin Leid a bad anime?

Post by ArturiaSaber Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:07 pm

I am unsure why, but whenever I tell people that I enjoyed this anime, they judge me, stating that it is not a good anime. I suppose it is not very well liked or something?

I found it to be very tragic. I also cried. When I cry at the end, it shows that I very much so enjoyed it. It left an impression on me. I understand that it is renowned for having one of the bloodiest scenes in all of anime history, but I honestly found Hellsing a little more sickening to watch in the bloody parts. I believe it is the anime style.

So, can someone please inform me as to why Elfin Leid does not seem to be a very well liked anime?
ArturiaSaber
ArturiaSaber

http://www.foreveralonelol.com

Back to top Go down

Is Elfin Leid a bad anime? Empty Re: Is Elfin Leid a bad anime?

Post by ZappaBappa Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

It wasnt bad, but it wasnt great either. My complaints were Lucy's "dumbitch" mode... i just couldnt really stand the comedy it tried to pull off by lucy running around naked with an IQ of 10. Nana was also kind of an Unlikeable character. And near the end it felt like it was starting to focus more on gore than the actual story line. And the ending.. I simply hate cliffhangers.

Its a show i'd recommend to people who like allot of gore. Not for the story.
ZappaBappa
ZappaBappa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FullArmageddon Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 am

Meh, I really enjoyed it. It doesn't cover all of the manga and the manga has a completely different ending, but I didn't necessarily hate the anime ending either since it implies that Lucy lived and comes back home. Personally, I love dark anime and horror anime. I don't really care what people think about my tastes in anime.
FullArmageddon
FullArmageddon
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 am

ZappaBappa wrote:It wasnt bad, but it wasnt great either. My complaints were Lucy's "dumbitch" mode... i just couldnt really stand the comedy it tried to pull off by lucy running around naked with an IQ of 10. Nana was also kind of an Unlikeable character. And near the end it felt like it was starting to focus more on gore than the actual story line. And the ending.. I simply hate cliffhangers.

Its a show i'd recommend to people who like allot of gore. Not for the story.
I agre-

Nana was also kind of an Unlikeable character

Is Elfin Leid a bad anime? 1320106093095
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 am

Yeah I really liked it though the beginning was a bit off for me I liked it towards the end except for that last bit. Though Japanese kids are fucked up, really bro why do that too a poor pet.

Last edited by GhostCell on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 am

It's been a while since I watched it so maybe I'd feel differently now but it wasn't bad, or particularly good.

It was one of the first few Anime series I saw though because at the time it was still being hyped to hell, over time the hatebase just grew more vocal than the fanbase.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ArturiaSaber Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 am

I don't think anyone likes nana. Or that other little chick that has the same voice as nana. (Mayu) They are voiced by the same person in the anime I think. It bothers me.

I just, really felt bad for Lucy. I felt badly for all the diclonius.

But I also really like darker themed animes sooooo that is probably why I like this anime. I thought the music box had such a pretty tune. I just really felt attached to all of the characters. Except Kouta's cousin. I never really cared about her at all.
ArturiaSaber
ArturiaSaber

http://www.foreveralonelol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rummy Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:26 pm

i absolutely loved the anime, and its not even particularly a genre i usually get in to (horror) so for me, i was highly impressed. no one ive ever talked to has said it was bad though, not sure why anyone would get that feeling...not greatest ever, but certainly not bad
Rummy
Rummy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IeptBarakat Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 pm

IeptBarakat
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostCell Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:35 pm

ArturiaSaber wrote:I don't think anyone likes nana. Or that other little chick that has the same voice as nana. (Mayu) They are voiced by the same person in the anime I think. It bothers me.

I just, really felt bad for Lucy. I felt badly for all the diclonius.

But I also really like darker themed animes sooooo that is probably why I like this anime. I thought the music box had such a pretty tune. I just really felt attached to all of the characters. Except Kouta's cousin. I never really cared about her at all.
I just got bit by the dark themed anime bug. I'm going to start reading goth and mpd psycho. Anyway I think nana was pulled out to keep pulling the heart strings on sensitive people and to give lucy a punching bag.
GhostCell
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Killaman16 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:50 pm

ArturiaSaber wrote:I am unsure why, but whenever I tell people that I enjoyed this anime, they judge me, stating that it is not a good anime. I suppose it is not very well liked or something?

I found it to be very tragic. I also cried. When I cry at the end, it shows that I very much so enjoyed it. It left an impression on me. I understand that it is renowned for having one of the bloodiest scenes in all of anime history, but I honestly found Hellsing a little more sickening to watch in the bloody parts. I believe it is the anime style.

So, can someone please inform me as to why Elfin Leid does not seem to be a very well liked anime?
Is alright, not the best anime but you could do worse. Just DO NOT mention you like this on /a/. You will get blasted to hell and back. They troll that show as much as they troll Naruto.
Killaman16
Killaman16
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoomTranquilty Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 am

Elfen Lied is an anime you either like (not love) or hate.

I didn't like how this "homosapien selected by God" has cat ears (=^3^=) but the plot line was an intriguing one. This is the type of show where once you start watching, you have to finish just to see how the story unfolds. Same thing with NHK.

Toward the end of the show, it started to steer away from the plot by unnecessary nudity and a crap ton of gore. Plus, I HATE shows, movies and games that end on a cliffhanger.

It's an ok show with an original concept (something you don't see in animes that often).
ZoomTranquilty
ZoomTranquilty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 am

Just posting this here because of coincidence.
http://manga.clone-army.org/nana.php

Is Elfin Leid a bad anime? 1275994107380
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down