/g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by Keck282 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:So a Gaming PC without the PC so you don't have to buy a PC for gaming?
It is a PC that you plug into your TV. IT uses Steam which is a PC service. Also apparently it will be able to run the other digital distribution services. Now I wonder how much of a stripped down version of Windows will be put onto that box. Maybe Windows 8.
avatar
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-07
Age : 27
Location : Not Hole (what a shitty place)

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by EchoesTranquility on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 am

Nozoki Ana, such a good manga. Of course I read it for the story. Adur
avatar
EchoesTranquility
Member
Member

Posts : 210
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by IeptBarakat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:55 am

"A steam set-top box will drive people with a shitty pc to buy pc games they would've bought from steam if they had a decent pc."

In other words, I probably will buy it when it comes out. Also for a piece of valve history.
avatar
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2346
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27
Location : In despair.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by PT-Desu on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 am

EchoesTranquility wrote:Nozoki Ana, such a good manga. Of course I read it for the story. Adur

added to my list.

_________________
avatar
PT-Desu
Admin
Admin

Posts : 5136
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 32
Location : Portugal

http://anime-faction.umforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by BrandonBandicoot on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:23 am

I still don't see it's point or purpose. Again, it's basically one of those Onlive systems with more hardware in it...

Maybe it's because I DO have a gaming PC now and can't see the perspective from the other side much anymore.

_________________
avatar
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Posts : 5381
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 23
Location : Hempstead N.Y.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by IeptBarakat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:35 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:I still don't see it's point or purpose. Again, it's basically one of those Onlive systems with more hardware in it...

Onlive is a closed system, theGabeCube is a gaming pc aimed for the masses. As it's just a no hassle piece of hardware with steam benefits. Perfect as an entrypoint into pc gaming.
avatar
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2346
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27
Location : In despair.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by BrandonBandicoot on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am

IeptBarakat wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:I still don't see it's point or purpose. Again, it's basically one of those Onlive systems with more hardware in it...

Onlive is a closed system, theGabeCube is a gaming pc aimed for the masses. As it's just a no hassle piece of hardware with steam benefits. Perfect as an entrypoint into pc gaming.
If you say so.

I never thought PC gaming is a complicated as everyone puts it out to be, sure I messed up but that was out of being lazy and not grounding myself to prevent static damage rather than not knowing what to do.

I guess my question should be changed to "Who is this for?" sure there's people who don't have at the very least barely capable PCs but I didn't think they were in such high number to dedicate a "console" for them.

_________________
avatar
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Posts : 5381
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 23
Location : Hempstead N.Y.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by IeptBarakat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:07 am

BrandonBandicoot wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:I still don't see it's point or purpose. Again, it's basically one of those Onlive systems with more hardware in it...

Onlive is a closed system, theGabeCube is a gaming pc aimed for the masses. As it's just a no hassle piece of hardware with steam benefits. Perfect as an entrypoint into pc gaming.
If you say so.

I never thought PC gaming is a complicated as everyone puts it out to be, sure I messed up but that was out of being lazy and not grounding myself to prevent static damage rather than not knowing what to do.

I guess my question should be changed to "Who is this for?" sure there's people who don't have at the very least barely capable PCs but I didn't think they were in such high number to dedicate a "console" for them.

I'm pretty sure it's meant for gametrailers. So they can review pc games.
avatar
IeptBarakat
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2346
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 27
Location : In despair.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by EchoesTranquility on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:13 am

PT-Desu wrote:
EchoesTranquility wrote:Nozoki Ana, such a good manga. Of course I read it for the story. Adur

added to my list.

In all seriousness though, the story is really well done despite having massive amount of sex scenes. It gets really dramatic at times, almost saddening even. My friend told me to look it up and I cant stop reading even though I'm suppose to be studying. lol
avatar
EchoesTranquility
Member
Member

Posts : 210
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by ZoomTranquilty on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

You guys should probably make a new thread

:/
avatar
ZoomTranquilty
Member
Member

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-02
Location : Nigeria, Africa

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by BrandonBandicoot on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 am

Oh yeah...shouldn't that be my job now?


I've been waiting for the last 3 hours for Nana or Tom to do it.

_________________
avatar
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Posts : 5381
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 23
Location : Hempstead N.Y.

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by Keck282 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:19 am

IeptBarakat wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:
IeptBarakat wrote:
BrandonBandicoot wrote:I still don't see it's point or purpose. Again, it's basically one of those Onlive systems with more hardware in it...

Onlive is a closed system, theGabeCube is a gaming pc aimed for the masses. As it's just a no hassle piece of hardware with steam benefits. Perfect as an entrypoint into pc gaming.
If you say so.

I never thought PC gaming is a complicated as everyone puts it out to be, sure I messed up but that was out of being lazy and not grounding myself to prevent static damage rather than not knowing what to do.

I guess my question should be changed to "Who is this for?" sure there's people who don't have at the very least barely capable PCs but I didn't think they were in such high number to dedicate a "console" for them.

I'm pretty sure it's meant for gametrailers. So they can review pc games.
That still doesn't stop them from sucking at PC reviews and not knowing how a PC game operates.
avatar
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-07
Age : 27
Location : Not Hole (what a shitty place)

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by Nanamix on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

BrandonBandicoot wrote:Oh yeah...shouldn't that be my job now?


I've been waiting for the last 3 hours for Nana or Tom to do it.

Your job now.

_________________
avatar
Nanamix
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1171
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : Tokyo, Japan ; Saigon, Vietnam

http://www.facebook.com/nanasesakamoto

Back to top Go down

Re: /g/eneral Chat V.7: The Shit Asian People Say

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum