first mangastream, now mangafox

Post by WolfWood37 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

WolfWood37
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Re: first mangastream, now mangafox

Post by FullArmageddon on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Good, I'll root for anything that hurts MangaFox. They steal translations from scanlators and host it on their site without the scanlators permission. They make literally thousands of dollars a month on ad revenue and profit off of the scanlators work. I've seen two scanlators shut down because they're sick of MangaFox profiting off their work that they do for free. Instead of people going to the scalators site to get the release, they go to MangaFox. MangaFox is the main reason why scanlators watermark their releases. Also, the owner of MangaFox also owns OtakuShop.com, which sells bootlegged merchandise (most of the figures they sell aren't the original Japanese ones, they're copies of inferior quality made in China).

If you want to support the scanlation community, use Batoto.net. It's made by scanlators, for scanlators, and the ads on the site go to support the scanlation community. Also, for most series you'll always get new releases before any other site because the scanlators themselves upload their releases to the site.

Most scanlators include a page like this with their release, but of course MangaFox probably removes them when they upload it to their site:

Last edited by FullArmageddon on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/FullArmageddon

Back to top Go down

Post by Keck282 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Nah, they are lazy on Mangafox, and still leave that page on there, which is why I know about Batoto.
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DaGrump on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 am

Although I've found that the title search on Batoto isn't always "reliable".

I find that I still need to bounce around to different sites to find all the titles I'd like to read................
DaGrump

Back to top Go down

Post by Blicer on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:45 am

Blicer

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

^hes not saying it went down, but the big corporate tough guys are cracking down on the sites that host any manga regarding the big three and then some so the sites stop hosting the manga