[Anime] Guilty Crown

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:43 am


Guilty Crown

Status: Currently Airing
Producers: Production I.G, FUNimation Entertainment
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Super Power

Synopsis: The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:18 pm

My gawd, ep4 was good.
avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah the action scene was good. The music in the background really made the scene more interesting, and that one government guy is quite interesting.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 am

And Inori was hhnggg.
avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Kyu on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:22 am

I only wathced the first ep, Ill wait till it finishes to watch the rest.
avatar
Kyu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 3104
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 26
Location : QT3.14, Bitchiboo ≠ ∞ ♥ ★☆ ✿ ♫ ♪ ☆ ∑ ◕3◕❍ᴥ❍ಠ̯ಠ_ಠ(• ̀ω•́)(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)( ͝° ͜ʖ ͝°)( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Rummy on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am

finally caught up, and holy hell this is a great anime! i can't wait to see where it goes :D
avatar
Rummy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 444
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 32
Location : PIEtown

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Keck282 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Only watched the first episode for a bit (was talking too much), but me and a bunch of friends noticed some tropes that the series employes (at least in ep. 1).

Star Wars, Code Geass, Revolutionary Girl Utena and at least one more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
avatar
Keck282
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-11-07
Age : 27
Location : Not Hole (what a shitty place)

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 am

Ep5 was pretty good. We get to see some characters from Funeral Parlor/Undertaker getting fleshed out..especially Ayase. So adorable~~~~~ :D
avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by GhostCell on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:13 am

Keck282 wrote:Only watched the first episode for a bit (was talking too much), but me and a bunch of friends noticed some tropes that the series employes (at least in ep. 1).

Star Wars, Code Geass, Revolutionary Girl Utena and at least one more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

You have to watch more than the first episode because the first episode is a bit cliched, cheesy and predictable but it gets better.

Destructo wrote:Ep5 was pretty good. We get to see some characters from Funeral Parlor/Undertaker getting fleshed out..especially Ayase. So adorable~~~~~ :D

Is the 720p version out yet?
avatar
GhostCell
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 1669
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 105
Location : TopGear Test Track

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:49 am

avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:38 am

Episode five was alright. Inori is a huge cunt, I hope when she tries to get with Shoe later on, he turns that bitch down. It won't happen though. I want to see when Shoe returns to school and/or sees his classmates again.


GhostCell wrote:You have to watch more than the first episode because the first episode is a bit cliched, cheesy and predictable but it gets better.
Every episode has been extremely cliched, generic, cheesy, predictable, etc... Does it mean it is a bad show because of it? Nope. It is still an entertaining show due to the OST and character designs. The premise is not the greatest thing but it works.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:54 am

avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:27 pm

No, this is bad and you should feel ashamed for liking it even a bit. DROPPED.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Destructo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm

k bye, Noble.

Oh lawd, Ayase.

Spoiler:
avatar
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 9260
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-11-06

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:No, this is bad and you should feel ashamed for liking it even a bit. DROPPED.
That is funny, because Guilty Crown is so similar to Eureka Seven.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Rummy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Destructo wrote:k bye, Noble.

Oh lawd, Ayase.

Spoiler:
that picture is funny b/c i imagined her physically grabbing her own leg to put it up in that position XD
avatar
Rummy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 444
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 32
Location : PIEtown

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Plue wrote:That is funny, because Guilty Crown is so similar to Eureka Seven.
Your point being ?

The one and only reason you are even pretending this is anything but utter shit is the fact that your very pride would be hurt if you were to admit to yourself that you were hyped or interested in something that is, in fact, shit.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Rummy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm

oh i thought you were just kidding noble....
i actually quite enjoy this show :/
avatar
Rummy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 444
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 32
Location : PIEtown

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Rummy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm

what is it thats turning you off to the show?
avatar
Rummy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 444
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 32
Location : PIEtown

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Plue wrote:Every episode has been extremely cliched, generic, cheesy, predictable, etc...
Just to start. The show seems to have been thought up by 10 year-olds, given its glee at using "cool" sounding names. I've only watched 3 episodes, but literally nothing is explained or given any thought. "You can only pull stuff out of people who are 17 or less"; why is that, show ? "BECAUSE, you twit, now sit down and don't question me again." Let alone the fact that I'm fairly certain the show was given life when one lonely designer was doodling at his desk one night and came up with the design for Inori. Everyone else went, "Well, shit, we can't afford to let this go to waste... Quickly, we need an anime!". The main character is annoyingly bland and puzzlingly emo for no apparent reason; Inori is just... There. The design is okay, and the animation is occasionally good, but that's not going to score extra points with me. The soundtrack is so undecided on what mood it should have; never mind that the OP is downright awful. What more do you want me to say ? It's not even the kind of dumb TTGL was, where I could potentially turn my brain off for the duration, or at the very least, acknowledge the fact that it's not even taking itself too seriously.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:19 pm

NoblePhantasm wrote:
Plue wrote:That is funny, because Guilty Crown is so similar to Eureka Seven.
Your point being ?

The one and only reason you are even pretending this is anything but utter shit is the fact that your very pride would be hurt if you were to admit to yourself that you were hyped or interested in something that is, in fact, shit.
It is just ironic that a show so similar to one that you like, you call shit.

And no my pride wouldn't be hurt if something that I was interested in was utter shit. I liked Railgun, but I know the show was mediocre. I liked Haruhi, but it was bad too. I like Fate Stay Whatever, but I know it is generally mediocre. I shouldn't even have had to post this, but of course you had to go bring up something that is not relevant at all to what I side.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Plue wrote:It is just ironic that a show so similar to one that you like, you call shit.

And no my pride wouldn't be hurt if something that I was interested in was utter shit. I liked Railgun, but I know the show was mediocre. I liked Haruhi, but it was bad too. I like Fate Stay Whatever, but I know it is generally mediocre. I shouldn't even have had to post this, but of course you had to go bring up something that is not relevant at all to what I side.
The similarities are astounding, aren't they ? How about listing them ? You know, so you can actually have an argument. Saying something is similar to another thing means exactly fuck all. You know, Stephenie Meyer and JK Rowling are so similar! They're both women, and they're both writers. Clearly they are in the same league! You idiot.

You're full of shit.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Plue on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:48 pm

No, I'm not going to list them. I shouldn't have to when they are so obvious. Its like if I were to go tell someone that the dragonbone chair is really similar to a game of thrones, I'm not going to write a list for them. Its quite obvious how many similarities they share, especially seeing as how notorious Guilty Crown is for using cliches.
avatar
Plue
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 830
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 26
Location : Connecticut

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by NoblePhantasm on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:00 am

You really must think I'm an idiot, don't you ? The reason why I couldn't, can't and will not ever take you seriously is because you're a liar, and a bad one at that. You haven't even watched Eureka Seven. Oh, of course you can excuse yourself by saying you were trolling, but that's not going to help you any. You even pretend to have watched the KnK movies (and hated them, apparently). I've had enough of this.
avatar
NoblePhantasm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 4476
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : The Garden of Everything

Back to top Go down

Re: [Anime] Guilty Crown

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum