Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently

+30
Light_KDS
GhostCell
Saya
Plue
Spectral Spider
warmaster
Acelea
CluelessNeko
Kevinthewiseone
Zuly
LastBlues
sex offender
Kyu
Ojou
PT-Desu
Brunoc
NinjagoonAF
-Solid
Dinoraffe
War
Hollow
Wolf92
Revy
MikuHatsune
NoblePhantasm
Destructo
TopgunUK
Wing
Cobalt
BrandonBandicoot
34 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently

Post by Destructo Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:22 am

MikuHatsune wrote:
Destructo wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote:i found whiskers getting a tattoo of love live on his back

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 AvdH3vz

:3c
what a shitty-lookin tat of my favorite idol ://////

good to know shes youre favorite *opens ex-hentai tab*  Asmile Adur 
why do me dirty like that

Also, GameTrailers got bought by DEFY Media. And a shit load of GT staff got let go. :/
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:28 am

Really...anyone we know?

EDIT: Good grief up to 2/3rds of the staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 am

Ryan Stevens
Ryan Hoffman
Daniel Kayser
Justin Speer
Rob Slusser

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:36 am

Found this comment from Brent Phillips (aka UltimateBrent from GT) on Polygon's article about the news.

Thanks for covering this Polygon. I worked for Gametrailers for 6 years (2004-2010), and worked with some of the finest people in the industry.

The truth is that Viacom was never a good fit as an owner. Viacom is a TV company, and most of their digital assets are extensions of those TV properties. This sale was simply Viacom dumping its digital-only assets, because they didn’t fit from a tech or a sales perspective.

I can only hope that Defy handles the property with respect, but if they’re not keeping people like Jeremy Hoffman or Ryan Stevens, then I think that’s unlikely. They’re pretty much no-brainers for the keep list, so I’m not sure what they’re up to. RIP Gametrailers.

Last edited by Destructo on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:03 am

Yeah I remember Brent, good guy but I think he and Shane saw this coming a long time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am

Dinoraffe wrote:Wassup erryone! I haven't been on here for ages.
Hai, I remember joo.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Destructo wrote:
why do me dirty like that

i know she got done dirty  Adur 
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:25 pm

I prefer white and nerdy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:42 pm

.... :I
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:11 pm

WolfWood37 wrote:I prefer white and nerdy...

why not both?

white and dirty huehue  Adur 
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:36 am

^

*looks at my sig*  Adur 

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:49 am

totally not what i meant
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:02 am

oh  Asad 

also defy has acquired Addicting Games and Shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post by -Solid Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Dinoraffe wrote:Wassup erryone! I haven't been on here for ages.

Good to see you again good sir. I genuinely hope that time has been nice to you since I've last saw you!

Destructo wrote:Found this comment from Brent Phillips (aka UltimateBrent from GT) on Polygon's article about the news.

Thanks for covering this Polygon. I worked for Gametrailers for 6 years (2004-2010), and worked with some of the finest people in the industry.

The truth is that Viacom was never a good fit as an owner. Viacom is a TV company, and most of their digital assets are extensions of those TV properties. This sale was simply Viacom dumping its digital-only assets, because they didn’t fit from a tech or a sales perspective.

I can only hope that Defy handles the property with respect, but if they’re not keeping people like Jeremy Hoffman or Ryan Stevens, then I think that’s unlikely. They’re pretty much no-brainers for the keep list, so I’m not sure what they’re up to. RIP Gametrailers.

Shame...such a shame. GT is looking like it's gone the way of the Dodo at this point. It's sad that so many have been laid off, I can only hope they get better jobs in the game industry soon.

...I'm probably gonna be at Neogaf and/or SRK at this point. I'll see what Sad(istic Samurai) and Sleepy will do if the forum will go to shit...and given the track record of forum updates, it wouldn't surprise me but, also be a hell of an accomplishment...
-Solid
-Solid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Sadistic....haven't talked to him in ages.

Not to mention you either Solid...yo!

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 89607

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinoraffe Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I broke my first pipe today and it was a heartbreaking experience.
Dinoraffe
Dinoraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:53 pm

pipe?
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 am

that sucks man, what did the doctor say?

Spoiler:
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjagoonAF Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:48 am

What yall negroids up to today?
NinjagoonAF
NinjagoonAF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : that place with all the mosquitoes and alligators and seafood and Jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjamonkey46?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 am

that avy.... lol
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am

NinjagoonAF wrote:What yall negroids up to today?

watching the world cup, so epic  Aeeh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinoraffe Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:07 am

Destructo wrote:pipe?

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 Bp92LQ5CMAAbfbp

It was my turtle buddy
Dinoraffe
Dinoraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:20 am

so many thoughts

Back to top Go down

Post by -Solid Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:30 am

WolfWood37 wrote:Sadistic....haven't talked to him in ages.

Not to mention you either Solid...yo!

/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 89607

You're still gold as ever Wolfwood. Those Hurt 'n' Heals only seemed like yesterday lol

Man, I wish I can relive 2007 again lol
-Solid
-Solid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:54 am

Dinoraffe wrote:
/g/eneral Chat: Version 1XXX. We're doing that Three E's Video Game Thing Apparently - Page 4 Bp92LQ5CMAAbfbp

It was my turtle buddy

Funny looking dildo you've got there.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next