Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated]

3 posters

Go down

Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated] Empty Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated]

Post by Viserys Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Viserys on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:01 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Grand Re-Opening.)
Viserys
Viserys

http://animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated] Empty Re: Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated]

Post by CluelessNeko Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 am

Just sign up as UnknownDepth.
CluelessNeko
CluelessNeko
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated] Empty Re: Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated]

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 am

signed up as topgeareasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 am

Thanks guys. Appreciate the support.  Asmile (These smilies are something else by the way). Not sure if I used the applicable one xD.
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 am

no problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

Alright, so I wanted to keep everyone updated on what's up with Anime Inspirations.

At long last, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is finally integrated with our forums here on Xenforo. This will hopefully be the last major revision that this site will face. I am personally very happy with the changes, and am looking forward to the future of our community as a whole.

For those just joining us, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will take you to the home of our forums. We are welcoming new members with open arms. Please keep in mind that we are running the following promotions at the moment.

Current Promotions

• First 15 members gain founding member privileges (Ads disabled forever and banner rank) : More info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (5 spots remaining for this promotion)
  • 20/30 Members Milestone (Gift card of your choosing awarded to a member of the community, raffle drawing) more info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • February is White Album Month: Contribute for a chance to win a $ 10 Gift Card of your choosing

New Media Section

We have a brand section of our site where we will host media from inspirational anime. This primarily includes op/ed songs and a scene selection of sorts highlighting moments from our favorite anime. This will be updated on a regular basis and we will accept user submission (in the future) once everything is worked out.

Features:

• Every file is encoded in HTML5 format, so it should ensure playback across all phones/browsers
  • ED/OP from anime in our inspirational anime list
  • Scene Selection (coming soon/first is scenes from White Album 1)
  • User Submission (something that I have to work on to enable it to run smoothly)

Any comments, or suggestions let me know. Also, if you run into any bugs, notify me so I can attempt to fix them.

I have a wiki system in the works, but that will also take some time to implement properly. Besides that, I am really liking how things turned out so far, and I am quite excited for the future that this site holds.

I will post the official thread momentarily, but for now, thanks to community vote, we will be watching the complete first season of White Album (all 26 episodes).

Remember that participating in this contest will give you a shot of a $10 Dollar Gift Card (of your choosing) so don't be shy and jump in!

Anime of the Month is where we, as a community, will watch/rewatch one select [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] title. Members are encouraged to take an optimistic approach to the title chosen, as if it they were watching it for the first time. You can contribute in a variety of ways to this project, and all contributors will be entering in the drawing for a $10 Dollar Gift Card of their choosing (Amazon, Apple/iTunes/Google Play, PayPal etc). This will be a monthly thing, and a huge basis of the forum's overall presence and movement personifying exactly what this community is about. It gives us that extra incentive (myself included) to go back and re-watch those anime titles we haven't seen in awhile.

You are encouraged to watch the anime at your own pace, but remember to use spoiler tags around anything that could be considered a spoiler. In the actual thread, feel free to discuss the anime as well.

How to Contribute?

You are encouraged to go above and beyond in the project, but most of the work will be done by the admin (myself). Note that this is not really a contest, but more of a participation thing. You can contribute in the following ways:

• Screenshots

A screenshot of footage from the anime featured. No background shots (has to have character's present) and try to remove all logo's/watermarks. A shot from a significant scene/event in the anime is a plus and really what we are looking for.

Example Screenshots:

• Timeframes for Important/Significant Scenes

This is mainly what we are looking for in this project. As a community, the goal will be to "catalog" all significant scenes in the anime. Please note, you need the timeframes, what episode the scene occurs in, and a description/title for the scene. For example:

Code:
Banri meets Koko

Episode 1 Golden Time

3:15 - 5:54

Banri meets Koko for the first time and instantly falls in love.
Try to keep the time less than 5 minutes (in general). All relevant scenes that are submitted will be posted on the main site for viewing. These scenes will be played in our media section available here:

You can also record videos of the selected time frames if you have the ability to record. Just remember to crop the video so that overlays such as (AnimeplusTV etc.) are not visible. Actual watermarks are not a big deal and are often hard to see anyways. The dimensions you record at are not a big deal, however, I tend to cut off the black space, so my recording dimensions tend to be around 1015 x 540. You can vary on this slightly.

• Quotes

Again, more for participation, we are looking for memorable quotes from the featured anime title. Something that stands out and inspirational/motivational is a plus. Although, it can be funny as well. Make sure to mention the character who says the quote. You don't have to place them in a fancy quote box, but here's an example:

Mitsuo wrote:
Did you really hit me with those roses? - Golden Time (this is not an actual quote)

To Qualify/ Participate in the Contest:

You need to submit at least the following to be entered in the gift card raffle:

• 1 Screenshot
  • 1 Scene (/w timeframe, episode and description)
  • 1 Quote

Anything else contributed, while encouraged, won't help your chances on the raffle (it will be random based on the users who participate in the contest). These rules may change in the future, but for now, the winner will be randomly selected if they meet the criteria. Also the deadline for submission is from whenever the anime of the month is announced until the last day of that month.

Any questions, comments or concerns please ask in the thread. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to next month.

Users are free to actually start watching episodes and contributing, but remember, the official deadline for contest entries is February 28th 2014.

Last edited by Viserys on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:31 am

Hey Anime Faction. Please see the first post for information about our wiki and new features.
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 am

looks good

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:01 am

Evokanu9000 wrote:looks good

Thanks.

Slightly off topic but can someone tell me how I have 10k Views on this thread? That seems off.
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:04 am

bots lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Our First Podcast "Episode has been released. Please Check it out!

Anyone who wants to participate in our podcast series to talk about anime, you are more than welcome! All that is needed is Skype and a mic. Looking for people who are passionate about anime and want to provide some commentary.

Podcast Episode 2 is where I will be looking for a guest contributor/speaker and this deals with White Album 2 (the series). Contact me if you are interested.
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 pm

New event guys!

Anime Inspirations has a new event to announce! It is scheduled for this weekend.

Some backstory....

Basically, I am a novice web developer who has been working on this site of mine for around 2 years, give or take. Started out on blogger, bought a domain name, was on wordpress for awhile, and now I am firmly planted at Xenforo. I have have had the "greatest" success on Xenforo, but things never really took off. My site is focused on quite a small niche, so that is one thing. Though, getting the highest amount of traffic isn't my goal. Creating a tightly knit community, where everyone knows each other is more my calling. I am just that kind of admin. Fortunately, I have had a handful of community leaders that have stuck with me--I would be no where today without them. They motivated me to keep the site going despite the struggles with traffic and new members. Ultimately, my site is a niche within a niche (automatically low traffic) but that is fine by me. I do my own thing pretty much, and have my own goals for the site.

Website name: Anime Inspirations
URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
About: An anime/fansite/forum/wiki type of deal that focuses on a specific niche within anime. Namely, slice of life, drama and romance titles. There are some comedy shows as well, but the focus is on "inspirational content". Check out some of our site if you have time.

We are holding an event this weekend that's apart of our "Anime of the Month" event. Specifically it will be a "live viewing" which is sort of like a livestream, but not quite. Check it out if you have time. Event will be held here.

If things are a success, we would like to hold more of these "live viewing events" in the future. So why not drop on by and spend some time with our community members. We have a dedicated chatroom on the page that will make it easy to mingle with other members during the event.

I would also appreciate any site critiques. In the future, I would like to focus on enhancing and enriching the article/blog content on the site, but for now, I am still in the advertising phase. It's a slow process, but I don't regret any of it. Any other comments on the design/appearance and functionality are welcome. Though, fine-tweaking my design has been a headache through and through. I still say that content (and offering things that other sites don't) will go farther than a pretty looking site. It's easy to get caught up in how things look (much like finding a soulmate lol), ultimately overlooking other priorities.
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Anime Inspirations - Anime Livestreaming Community [Updated] Empty New Event Saturdays in October at 8PM EST! Everyone is welcome!

Post by Viserys Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 am

Anime Inspirations has a new event to announce! It is scheduled for this month.

Attend an Anime Livestream with Our Community!

October's Anime of the Month is Suzuka, based on the results of last month's voting. We will be watching a livestream of Suzuka Episodes 1-26 with the stream hosted on UStream. Everyone will be at the same place in the video, which is one of the many benefits of a livestream. Members will also get the opportunity to chat with everyone in the community, and it is an excellent bonding experience. Based on our previous events, our attendance rate has been rather high, and we have had a huge boost in activity in terms and chat and forum threads created during and after the event. Why not join us this weekend?

To Attend our Event

!) Check our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the time and dates of each event.

1) Optional: RSVP on the Events Tab or thread of that particular event to confirm your attendance. This is not required, but it is pretty cool to see who will be attending an event, and it helps to gauge interest levels.

2) Navigate to our "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" Tab on the selected day for the event. Normally, events are held at 8PM Eastern Standard Time (EST/UTC -5:00) every Saturday. However, this could change, so be sure to double check our events tab to be sure.

2) A livestream video will start (via the embedded player on the page) via UStream. Our UStream channel is anime_inspirations. You can also download the UStream app to connect on your phone.

3) Mingle with our community in our chatbox! Guests are welcome, however, please note that when it guest types, their name will be shown as "Guest". This is one extra incentive to register!

4) Have fun!

5) ...Profit???
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:10 am

Anime Inspirations Community Forums Relaunch - Grand Reopening!

Anime Inspirations is primarily an anime livestreaming community. Here we plan and host events for our members and watch anime together! We hope you'll find the experience similar to Twitch, but with everyone being more socially connected and tight-knit. While that is our main focus, we also welcome all discussions around anime and related topics. Thanks for joining us, and we're sure that you'll have a great time with us!

Community Guidelines
Your first stop should be to read up on the community guidelines of the site. This outlines things such as permitted content, what not to do and other community specifics. Here are the basics.

• English only in all public forums

• Be courteous to other members. No harassment is tolerated.

• Keep all content you upload or post safe for work. This means that excessive or questionable content is not allowed.

Please read up on the full guidelines. Note there are consequences to breaking the rules, but except in the most infringing cases, you will receive a warning first.

Introduce Yourself!
Why not introduce yourself to the community? This gives our members the chance to welcome you and learn more about you, and also gives you the chance to connect with our existing members. You can additionally say hello to everyone in our chatbox (visible on most pages).

Event Forums
This is where you'll find all of our current scheduled events. Here you'll be able to meet up with other members of the forum and watch anime together. Want to know more about our events? Read more below.

Create your Own Stream
Not sure what streams or events are? A livestream is a video that is played back in real time to all visitors. In addition to this, there is chat visible on the page to allow everyone to socialize and the discuss the event. Our layout is much similar to something you would find on twitch, but we do have our own style. Here's an example of one our personalized stream pages (yes, you get the opportunity to personalize your own stream).

Trophy Guide
With "experience" points accumulated by achieving various forum tasks, you can unlock trophies for display across the board. Your experience points are a measure of your forum activity, what you have accomplished, and your time spent with our community (among other things). Reaching various tiers (levels of 10) will allow you to unlock various bonuses that will award you various perks like additional stream customization.

Our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] shows you how many experience points you need to reach the next level. Another handy resource is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so that you know exactly what to aim for.

Credits
Credits are the virtual currency that we have employed here at Anime Inspirations Community. You can gain credits by performing the following tasks.

• Login Bonuses (credited once in a 24 hr. period)

• Creating Threads

• Making replies to threads

• Posting in our event forums

• Liking a post

• Uploading attachments

You can check out the full list of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

One might be wondering about the juicy details of what you can do with the credits you earn. Well, we have various rewards you can cash out that you might find useful. Some potential rewards include:

• Sticky Threads

• Site-wide announcements (useful for advertising your streams)

• Username Changes

• Transfer Credits to other users (Makes an excellent gift!)

Forum Support
If you ever need any help with the forum or encounter problems, this is the place to seek aid. Questions about the forum guidelines, what is or isn't allowed, or anything else, please ask away. We'd also love to hear any suggestions you have for improving the forum for our members.

Stream Support
Having difficulty setting up your personal stream? Don't know where to start? We're here to help! If you're looking to gather interested individuals before actually posting your event, check out of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] forums. Here, you'll also find tips to employ when hosting your events.

AI Staff
You can navigate [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to see our current staff members. We're always welcome to answer any questions you may have if you send us a private conversation.

We look forward to all the fun we'll have together.
Regards,
Anime Inspirations Community
Viserys
Viserys

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojou Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:46 pm

I like how the 2 worst people on this site are the only ones who signed up.
Inb4butwhataboutyouraze. 
Ojou
Ojou
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ojou-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum