Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

+8
Kyu
BrandonBandicoot
FightingFurball
Wing
Hollow
TopgunUK
TranClan67
Destructo
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S Empty [Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

Post by Destructo Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 am

[Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S 47547
http://www.project-railgun.net/

Producers: J.C. Staff
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Super Power

Synopsis: The second season will focus on The Sisters Arc. Lasting only a single volume in the To Aru Majutsu no Index light novels, it was later expanded greatly in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga.

The arc focuses on the ordeals of Mikoto Misaka after discovering the existence of the Radio Noise sisters that are being used in the Level 6 Shift, an experiment where they are killed in order for the highest-ranking Level 5, Accelerator, can achieve Level 6.

Everyone's favorite 4-middleschool-crimefightin-teleportin-mystery-solvin-railgun-shootin-group is back!
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

[Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S Empty Re: [Anime] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S

Post by TranClan67 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:43 am

I wanted more Touma in the first episode. I didn't give a shit about the other girls
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 am

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollow Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am

Oh shit, there's a new season?

Adding it to my watch list now.
Hollow
Hollow
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 am

TopgunUK wrote:Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

More Uiharu for your viewing pleasure.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Just watched ep5.

9982~ ;_;
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Sun May 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Destructo wrote:Just watched ep5.

9982~ ;_;
You know... the real tragedy is that those 9982 died senselessly because Touma and Railgun put an end to the experiment before it finished... they only had about the same amount to go...
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm not following your logic
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Destructo wrote:I'm not following your logic

The real tragedy is that those 6 million jews died senselessly because the Allies put a stop to the holocaust.

That's his logic.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 pm

FightingFurball wrote:
Destructo wrote:Just watched ep5.

9982~ ;_;
You know... the real tragedy is that those 9982 died senselessly because Touma and Railgun put an end to the experiment before it finished... they only had about the same amount to go...
So that'd mean...he ended up RUNNING to the finish line when the race never started because they had a LEG UP on the plan?

...I could do better than this but I won't.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Have you watched anything Raildex or did you just see the Sankaku article?
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBandicoot Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm

The obvious one.
BrandonBandicoot
BrandonBandicoot
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyu Sun May 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Wait, it started already? Fuck!
Kyu
Kyu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : QT3.14, Bitchiboo ≠ ∞ ♥ ★☆ ✿ ♫ ♪ ☆ ∑ ◕3◕❍ᴥ❍ಠ̯ಠ_ಠ(• ̀ω•́)(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)( ͝° ͜ʖ ͝°)( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiyousei Mon May 13, 2013 3:22 am

Spoiler:
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 am

TopgunUK wrote:

The real tragedy is that those 6 million jews died senselessly because the Allies put a stop to the holocaust.

That's his logic.
Nope, the holocaust didn't have a goal except for doing it, while the experiment actually aimed for a valuable outcome, namely a level 6 change.
Now those nearly 10.000 clones died in vain, because the experiment was cancelled.
That's more similar to basically the Apollo Mission be scraped midway through.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 am

FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

That's his logic.
Nope, the holocaust didn't have a goal except for doing it, while the experiment actually aimed for a valuable outcome, namely a level 6 change.
Now those nearly 10.000 clones died in vain, because the experiment was cancelled.

The Holocaust had an end goal too, nonsensical and evil though it was, and making a sadistic fuck with incredibly destructive superpowers even more powerful isn't a much better goal.

My example was more apt than yours because they didn't need to slaughter massive numbers of people to land on the Moon.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 am

I'm not gonna say anything without spoiling it, so kk
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

That's his logic.

The Holocaust had an end goal too, nonsensical and evil though it was, and making a sadistic fuck with incredibly destructive superpowers even more powerful isn't a much better goal.

My example was more apt than yours because they didn't need to slaughter massive numbers of people to land on the Moon.

The Holocaust existed to complete the Holcaust, basically to slaughter all jews for the sake of slaughtering all jews.
The Experiment exists not to show that yo can slaughter 20k Misaka imoutos but to develop a level 6.
While the methods are similar the goal behind it varies.
Also, I can't remember much outcry regarding Shinsekai yori, when the 'humans' slaughtered the rats. Just because the rats aren't cute, doesn't mean they have less rights to be slaughtered than cute girls.

Ahem the russians and the americans 'slaughtered' big amounts of ressources too.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 pm

FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

That's his logic.

The Holocaust existed to complete the Holcaust, basically to slaughter all jews for the sake of slaughtering all jews.
The Experiment exists not to show that yo can slaughter 20k Misaka imoutos but to develop a level 6.
Also, I can't remember much outcry regarding Shinsekai yori, when the 'humans' slaughtered the rats. Just because the rats aren't cute, doesn't mean they have less rights to be slaughtered than cute girls.

Ahem the russians and the americans 'slaughtered' big amounts of ressources too.

Stop being so fucking obtuse.

The goal of the Holocaust was not just to kill a large number of jews, homosexuals, disabled people, slavs, etc for the sake of it.

It was to create a Europe rid of the people that the Nazi's deemed undesirables or pests and help realise their wonderful Aryan Nazi Utopia.

If a farmer uses pesticide on their crops do you think they're doing it because they just want to kill a large number of bugs?

Don't know why you brought up SSY, plenty of viewers, myself included sympathised with the Bakenezumi.

And again, there is nothing good about making a sadistic serial killer with super powers even more dangerous, that's a shitty fucking goal.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Mon May 13, 2013 11:48 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

That's his logic.

The goal of the Holocaust was not just to kill a large number of jews, homosexuals, disabled people, slavs, etc for the sake of it.

It was to create a Europe rid of the people that the Nazi's deemed undesirables or pests and help realise their wonderful Aryan Nazi Utopia.

If a farmer uses pesticide on their crops do you think they're doing it because they just want to kill a large number of bugs?

Don't know why you brought up SSY, plenty of viewers, myself included sympathised with the Bakenezumi.

And again, there is nothing good about making a sadistic serial killer with super powers even more dangerous, that's a shitty fucking goal.
Still they were doing an eradicating for the sake of eradicating. They weren't doing it to test a hypothesis. They were doing it for the sake of doing it, namely to free the world of their undesirables, they weren't trying to raise a crop.
The experiment furthermore uses ressources that they produce themselves. Again you aren't going to lengths for rats used in experiments, hell I bet if it were ugly guys many wouldn't care!

SSY: Well sympathise is a really nice word but most people seem to not to be concerned by the rat slaughter, but outrage in the magnitude of this one, even though it is morally a smaller scale than than what was done to the rats.

Also the goal is not to create an even more powerful serial killer but the it is to create a level 6 change, till now only a theoretical construct which they want to prove. Accelerator is just the one with the highest propability to achieve it.
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 am

FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:

Still they were doing an eradicating for the sake of eradicating. They weren't doing it to test a hypothesis. They were doing it for the sake of doing it, namely to free the world of their undesirables, they weren't trying to raise a crop.
The experiment furthermore uses ressources that they produce themselves. Again you aren't going to lengths for rats used in experiments, hell I bet if it were ugly guys many wouldn't care!

SSY: Well sympathise is a really nice word but most people seem to not to be concerned by the rat slaughter, but outrage in the magnitude of this one, even though it is morally a smaller scale than than what was done to the rats.

Also the goal is not to create an even more powerful serial killer but the it is to create a level 6 change, till now only a theoretical construct which they want to prove. Accelerator is just the one with the highest propability to achieve it.

Stop moving the goalposts, making distinctions without difference and dancing around behind words.

The Nazis had a hypothesis about the ideal society and exterminating those that did not fit in with their ideal was their means of achieving it.

Oh, the clones are "resources" that they produce themselves?
So that makes it alright to treat humans this way?

I suppose you're also in favor of parents being able to torture, abuse and do whatever they want with the children they produce themselves?

I haven't brought the fact that the victims here happen to be cute girls into the equation at all, so fuck your strawman.

Don't compare the regrettable suffering of lab rats to the potential suffering of humans or any hypothetical similarly intelligent being if you want to be taken seriously.

Your personal perceptions of the response to an entirely different show aren't relevant nor do they reflect my opinion.

Doesn't matter that it's not their goal to create an even more powerful serial killer, that's clearly going to be a resulting byproduct and it doesn't resemble anything scientific to arbitrarily come up with RPG-esque level grinding/middle school girl clone killing.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Wed May 15, 2013 12:52 pm

TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:
FightingFurball wrote:
TopgunUK wrote:

Stop moving the goalposts, making distinctions without difference and dancing around behind words.

The Nazis had a hypothesis about the ideal society and exterminating those that did not fit in with their ideal was their means of achieving it.

Oh, the clones are "resources" that they produce themselves?
So that makes it alright to treat humans this way?

I suppose you're also in favor of parents being able to torture, abuse and do whatever they want with the children they produce themselves?

I haven't brought the fact that the victims here happen to be cute girls into the equation at all, so fuck your strawman.

Don't compare the regrettable suffering of lab rats to the potential suffering of humans or any hypothetical similarly intelligent being if you want to be taken seriously.

Your personal perceptions of the response to an entirely different show aren't relevant nor do they reflect my opinion.

Doesn't matter that it's not their goal to create an even more powerful serial killer, that's clearly going to be a resulting byproduct and it doesn't resemble anything scientific to arbitrarily come up with RPG-esque level grinding/middle school girl clone killing.
Ah so we are at MORALS...
Seriously, morals shouldn't be in a rational discussion. Especially sincs rats are still sentient too, they are 'just' not human.

Also it still holds true that Nazis and this experiment or raising a crop are fundamentally different things. They are only similar in a trivial sense while being different in an abstract viewpoint as I already pointed out earlier while I was apparently 'dancing behind words'.

Additionally experiments are normally done in repetition and often with marginal changes, like it is done here. No one likes to see their nobel prize work get demolished by a graduate student because of a flaw they overlooked...
You might see a leveling system but it is actually a learning experience of subject A withever changing para meters to finetune his abilities. Basically an experiment consisting of an array of similar experiments that allow for development.

Anyway The point of the initial post was that they already used half of the neccessary ressources and for that matter. So those would have died in vain especially since they did it willingly, making their noble sacrifice moot.

FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Mugino's bangin. That is all.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member