Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)

+11
Kiko
DMCMaster
NoblePhantasm
FightingFurball
Pseudo
TranClan67
Destructo
Wing
MikuHatsune
Revy
TopgunUK
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) Empty [Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)

Post by TopgunUK Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:24 am

Suisei no Gargantia

[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) 130318-3l
[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) 717524830_orig

Status: Airs on TV April 7th, Free Blu-rays of episodes 1 & 2 distributed March 30th
Producers: Production I.G, Lantis
Genres: Sci-Fi, Mecha

Synopsis: The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

Written by Urobuchi Gen and with Character designs by Naruko Hanaharu (Whose works my penis has enjoyed thoroughly).

Raws of episodes 1 and 2 are out, UTW has confirmed they'll be subbing the show.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) Empty Re: [Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)

Post by Revy Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 am

Recognized the art style immediately.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

[Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) Empty Re: [Anime]Suisei no Gargantia (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:55 am

sweet, looks pretty cooru
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:57 am

*looks up Naruko Hanaharu*

Ara ara~

One of many series I'll watch from this season. I love Spring.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 am

Can't wait for this. I'll add that it's been confirmed that this show will have 12 eps with 3 bonus OVAs bundled with the blu-ray box sets (4 eps and 1 OVA each box set).
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 am

Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 am

700 what megabytes
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wing Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:34 am

"Apologies for the unusually large file size for the HD release this week – the first half of the episode is almost all action scenes, which come with a heavy bitrate cost. Things will probably settle down a bit in future weeks."

Also, lolatcomplainingaboutfilesizejkluvunotreally
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 am

inconceivable
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TranClan67 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:25 am

I'm only 10 min in but the beginning reminds me of the Forever War by Joe Halderman a little bit
TranClan67
TranClan67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:42 am

Such a colorful show with a dark writer.

Cant believe UTW didnt sub episode 2 yet.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : ~I love you always forever Near and far, closer together Everywhere, I will be with you Everything, I will do for you~

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 am

All the sub groups waited until the first episode aired to start subbing the show, so I don't think there were any good quality raws uploaded from the Blu-rays that were distributed.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm

So far I'm liking this show.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FightingFurball Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 pm

What a bloody idiot...
Why did he sink the ships if he could just pinpoint kill the pirates...
valuable loot lost, just kick the noob from the group...
FightingFurball
FightingFurball
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:53 am

Just finished SSY too...this will be just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 am

FightingFurball wrote:What a bloody idiot...
Why did he sink the ships if he could just pinpoint kill the pirates...
valuable loot lost, just kick the noob from the group...

maybe cause there were pirates inside the ships that couldnt be hit unless it fired through it?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Wow, those pirates didn't even know what hit them. And guessing from the reactions, it seems more like "what the fuck did you just do" than "yippee he saved us!" Or maybe they were just in awe from seeing lasers. We'll see.
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:02 pm

if i lived in a world with low tech and the people survived on roaming the seas and salvaging, and i saw a bipedal pilotable robot, that flew and fired lasers and me and my people were holding it and the pilot hostage, and then saw what its capable of, id think "what the fuq was i thinking holding this thing hostage" or maybe "if he could destroy us so easily why didnt he?"
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 am

I'd piss myself lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 am

>Make the thread
>Last to start the show

Seems good so far.

Dat Rackage + Lesbian sex slaves/bodyguards.

The doujins are writing themselves, I just hope the character designer draws some.

As for this episode the whole reason for Red having to avoid killing the Pirates was completely retarded, he's so much more powerful there's really no need to fear reprisals, and killing the Pirates in self defence would save plenty of people that the Pirates would go on killing/raping/robbing in the long run.

The unnecessary battle that followed surely cost the Gargantia fleet some lives too, really, what is the point of asking your superweapon to hold back if you're going to attack with your own cannons, they aren't firing beanbags.

The production values of the show are surprisingly good and haven't dipped at all even three episodes in, hope it can keep this level of quality up.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:31 pm

its their lifestyle i guess, they wont seek aggression but will defend themselves if need be, but yeah i do agree with you, if it were up to me id just nuke the fuk out of them in a preemptive assault
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 pm

yeh, who cares about duking it out the honorable and chivalrous way anymore!

Last edited by Destructo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Revy Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 am

So they dont want Red to kill the pirates, but the pirates wouldnt hesitate to do so and much more.
And they arm themselves to fight against the pirates...

Fuck logic.

Dat Rackage though.
Revy
Revy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am

ok is it leido or red?....
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next