Anime Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/g/eneral Chat : Read the Forum Rules Edition

+26
Nanamix
DMCMaster
BrandonBandicoot
CluelessNeko
LastBlues
Saya
DeepThroat
Pai
Pseudo
HonestLiar
Plue
UltimaBuster
Spectral Spider
TranClan67
Destructo
Revy
Ojou
Wing
GhostCell
TopgunUK
MikuHatsune
Albatross
Vanellope Von Schweetz
NinjagoonAF
NoblePhantasm
IeptBarakat
30 posters

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

/g/eneral Chat : Read the Forum Rules Edition - Page 38 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat : Read the Forum Rules Edition

Post by TopgunUK Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 am

I'd just like to point out that if the purpose of the rule change was to get rid of useless posts it has only resulted in a multitude more posts talking about the useless posts, or mods talking about how they've removed useless posts, thus creating posts even more useless than the ones that they removed.

And also that taking the time to delete posts that don't have at least ten characters but still communicate the information they were intended to succinctly is really pointless, all this does is result in filler text, length does not necessarily indicate substance.

Also I noticed that someone mod edited an image post of mine to add text, I appreciate them not deleting it outright, but why should ten characters need to accompany a copied, pasted and embedded image link which clearly requires more thought and effort than thinking of filler words amounting to ten characters, the extra words add no substance they only waste the reader's time.

It's all completely asinine, but I realise it's really just a masturbatory aid for the mods so it won't change.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

/g/eneral Chat : Read the Forum Rules Edition - Page 38 Empty Re: /g/eneral Chat : Read the Forum Rules Edition

Post by Wing Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 am

Pretty much.
Wing
Wing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 am

tldr: this rule sucks
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:49 am

DeepThroat wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote:sorry, DT, dont kill me Adissapoint
huh?
what did you do?

I think one of your posts got removed

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:49 am

oh boy here we go :T
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:50 am

oh i didnt notice.
i was about to bitch if i went down to bronze again
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 am

MikuHatsune wrote:oh boy here we go :T

I hope not

DeepThroat wrote:oh i didnt notice.
i was about to bitch if i went down to bronze again

at first when my posts were getting deleted I thought I was going back to gold lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 am

My Senior Assignment is going to be the death of me...
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 am

TopgunUK wrote:I'd just like to point out that if the purpose of the rule change was to get rid of useless posts it has only resulted in a multitude more posts talking about the useless posts, or mods talking about how they've removed useless posts, thus creating posts even more useless than the ones that they removed.

And also that taking the time to delete posts that don't have at least ten characters but still communicate the information they were intended to succinctly is really pointless, all this does is result in filler text, length does not necessarily indicate substance.

Also I noticed that someone mod edited an image post of mine to add text, I appreciate them not deleting it outright, but why should ten characters need to accompany a copied, pasted and embedded image link which clearly requires more thought and effort than thinking of filler words amounting to ten characters, the extra words add no substance they only waste the reader's time.

It's all completely asinine, but I realise it's really just a masturbatory aid for the mods so it won't change.

yeah i get you, it really doesnt solve anything (i didnt even really know about the change until it happened so im just enforcing it) so what do you propose we do to reduce spam and what have you?
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopgunUK Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 am

MikuHatsune wrote:oh boy here we go :T

If you don't want us talking about how pointless and counter-intuitive the rule is then stop flaunting how much you enjoy enforcing it.
TopgunUK
TopgunUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 am

Rin wrote:My Senior Assignment is going to be the death of me...

what's it on?

I feel the same way about java and the teacher teaching it, luckily it's a group assignment tho

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 am

forget i asked
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 am

we'll turn all spam posts into nudes of unknown.
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 am

DeepThroat wrote:we'll turn all spam posts into nudes of unknown.

eww Anf

why not hawt chicks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyu Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 am

MikuHatsune wrote:yeah i get you, it really doesnt solve anything (i didnt even really know about the change until it happened so im just enforcing it) so what do you propose we do to reduce spam and what have you?
Start banning people.
Kyu
Kyu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location : QT3.14, Bitchiboo ≠ ∞ ♥ ★☆ ✿ ♫ ♪ ☆ ∑ ◕3◕❍ᴥ❍ಠ̯ಠ_ಠ(• ̀ω•́)(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)( ͝° ͜ʖ ͝°)( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 am

Evokanu9000 wrote:

what's it on?

I feel the same way about java and the teacher teaching it, luckily it's a group assignment tho
I'm studying arrow/spear points and ceramic shards from a site on campus and determining whether or not Cahokia Mississippian or Lower Illinois Valley Mississippian cultures had a greater material culture presence at the site. So far Cahokia is winning, but there was are artifacts, like Madison Points, to suggest that the north was there as well. I do know that this was during Emergent Mississippian in the American Bottom so that's something....

You probably don't understand a word I just said lol

Last edited by Rin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 am

Evokanu9000 wrote:
DeepThroat wrote:we'll turn all spam posts into nudes of unknown.

eww Anf

why not hawt chicks?
that will encourage spam.
we want spam to stop
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikuHatsune Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 am

Kyu wrote:
MikuHatsune wrote:yeah i get you, it really doesnt solve anything (i didnt even really know about the change until it happened so im just enforcing it) so what do you propose we do to reduce spam and what have you?
Start banning people.

if i had that power.....even for 2 minutes... i wouldve done it by now....and probably wouldnt have had this rule change in the first place, but alas, nana keeps dodging my pleas
MikuHatsune
MikuHatsune
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 am

Rin wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:

what's it on?

I'm studying arrow/spear points and ceramic shards from a site on campus and determining whether or not Cahokia Mississippian or Lower Illinois Valley Mississippian cultures had a greater material culture presence at the site. So far Cahokia is winning, but there was are artifacts, like Madison Points, to suggest that the north was there as well. I do know that this was during Emergent Mississippian in the American Bottom so that's something....

sounds pretty ghey brah
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 am

Rin wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:

what's it on?

I'm studying arrow/spear points and ceramic sherds from a site on campus and determining whether or not Cahokia Mississippian or Lower Illinois Valley Mississippian cultures had a great material culture presence at the site. So far Cahokia is winning, but there was are artifacts, like Madison Points, to suggest that the north was there as well. I do know that this was during Emergent Mississippian in the American Bottom so that's something....

true lol

shot in the dark, something to do with tribes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 am

Evokanu9000 wrote:
Rin wrote:
Evokanu9000 wrote:

what's it on?

I'm studying arrow/spear points and ceramic sherds from a site on campus and determining whether or not Cahokia Mississippian or Lower Illinois Valley Mississippian cultures had a great material culture presence at the site. So far Cahokia is winning, but there was are artifacts, like Madison Points, to suggest that the north was there as well. I do know that this was during Emergent Mississippian in the American Bottom so that's something....

true lol

shot in the dark, something to do with tribes?
I guess you could call that the sparknotes version of it. It's due in less than a month so I'm stressing right now.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 am

how long does it have to be?
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructo Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 am

Why don't we limit the amount of posts people can make in a page just like good ol' GT!
Destructo
Destructo
Premium Member
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWHEtQKVLq06D7NtHk6GkA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 am

DeepThroat wrote:how long does it have to be?
The written report is about 10-15 pages. The oral presentations have to be 13-15 minutes in length.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeepThroat Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 am

we arnt trying to ded the site like GT.
XD
DeepThroat
DeepThroat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next